Huge Problems with Paypal Pro

Hello,

i have already contacted paypal but they say it's all related to prestashop and won't give me any support.

Prestashop version is 1.5.4.1, paypal version is 3.6

I have these 2 problems:

1. With paypal pro enabled, payments are processed but orders do not appear in backoffice

2. If in the cart there is a voucher with a discount, paypal pro iframe becomes an error reporting that there was a problem with product prices.

I really need help here, i don't know how to solve this because there is not really any resource to look into to understand what happens.

If i use paypal in the default mode (website payments) and it redirects to external gateway, it works fine

Hello,

i did many tests. Environment is prestashop 1.5.4.1 and paypal europe module 3.6.1.

Single currency and single tax. Paypal set as paypal pro, set in module configuration paypal pro, live
Iframe works and is shown correctly. Payments are processed. I tried following  http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/235504-tax-is-calculated-wrong-in-prestashop-it-has-to-be-not-just-me-but-everyone/?do=findComment&comment=1333319

this too but no solution.

Here is the problem:

- If the cart is without specific price reduction or voucher payments appear to be processed correctly, Iframe behaves properly. Confirmation is right both in paypal iframe and in prestashop redirect and order appears in backoffice. Seems fine without voucher and price reductions

- If in the cart there is a voucher the behaviour is the same as above, but after the paypal confirmation in iframe (that is correct) when redirected to prestashop order confirmation gives the error: 1. An error occurred while processing payment
The order is created in backoffice with status payment error, and paypal leaves a message: Price paid on paypal is not the same that on PrestaShop.

- If the voucher covers the product cost completely so it costs 0 (i have loyalty program and one can accumulate point that cover the entire price of the product), the behaviour is still the same, but the error is 1043 directly in the iframe and payment is not processed.

There should be a transaction with the shipment only.

If i use paypal without the pro, with the web payment option, everything works fine without problems. This happens only when is set in paypal pro mode.

I don't understand if it is related to : rounding, taxes, both. The only resource i found really related is the post above, but it doesnt give any solution to me.

Update:

I checked the amounts and payments comparing with paypal and i found out that the way vouchers are processed is different in standard paypal mode and in pro/iframe mode.

In paypal standard mode (that works correctly) you have /Item + /Shipment - /Voucher (negative value)  as 3 different elements

In paypal pro iframe mode (that doesnt work) you have /ITEM +  /Shipment

where /ITEM is /Item - /Voucher

I guess that voucher in this way will never work, because when checking back with presta the price of the item is different.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for at least identifying this issue! I've been facing this even with standard Paypal module. I reported this issue on the forums and no one replied! I just disabled the vouchers and it works fine.

I don't know what the resolution is to this problem?! How can I not use discount coupons? 

• 4 months later...

Hello,

i have already contacted paypal but they say it's all related to prestashop and won't give me any support.

Prestashop version is 1.5.4.1, paypal version is 3.6

I have these 2 problems:

1. With paypal pro enabled, payments are processed but orders do not appear in backoffice

2. If in the cart there is a voucher with a discount, paypal pro iframe becomes an error reporting that there was a problem with product prices.

I really need help here, i don't know how to solve this because there is not really any resource to look into to understand what happens.

If i use paypal in the default mode (website payments) and it redirects to external gateway, it works fine

Hi, did you manage to solve the problem? I'm experiencing both issues. PayPal Europe 3.6.8 PS 1.5.6.2

Many thanks for the update. 

• 3 years later...

Has anyone ever had this happen.    I get this message when trying to check out and so do my customers.  This is funny because I had sales using paypal and then they stopped.  I contacted Paypal and they said it was on the prestashop side.  Here is the message and has anyone else encountered this problem.

'We cannot process this transaction b"cause there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com."