[Solved]Can't import CSV special characters to prestashop 1.5

Hy guys,

I am having a big problem importing CSV file for products.

My file (language) contains special characters (ŠĆČŽčćžš) and I am trying to save it with libre office in different kind of csv encoding but can't import it normally.

I also tried it saving with notepad++ in UTF-8 without boom but it not good also.

I don't know what else to do so your help is verry much apreciated.

post-354096-0-19902400-1380957221_thumb.jpg

post-354096-0-52839300-1380957224_thumb.jpg

post-354096-0-67848000-1380957226_thumb.jpg

Edited by redtom (see edit history)

If your CSV contains non-Latin characters (as it does), I think the only safe way is using a UTF-8 encoded file and unticking the "ISO-8859-1" checkbox in Import settings.

I also prepare my CSV files with Notepad++ and use "UTF-8 without BOM" encoding. I have had no problem with Greek characters.

You might also want to pay attention to the 2 following points:

1. In Notepad++, make sure you change the encoding by going to the menu "Encoding --> Convert to UTF-8 without BOM", not "Encoding --> Encode in UTF-8 without BOM"

2. I have found that sometimes in the CSV, it helps to enclose strings containing non-Latin characters with double quotes

Edited by parsifal (see edit history)
  • Like 1

thx. I am really glad to you guys could help me.

1. In Notepad++, make sure you change the encoding by going to the menu "Encoding --> Convert to UTF-8 without BOM",not "Encoding --> Encode in UTF-8 without BOM"

This solved it!!

Good to know! :)

You can mark the topic as solved by following the instructions here:

If, after posting a topic, you find a solution to your problem, please indicate it in your post and describe the solution.
Furthermore if you are the author of the topic for which a solution has been found, please edit your topic title to mark it as [sOLVED].

To mark a topic as [solved] :
- Edit the first post of your topic by clicking on the "Edit" button,
- Click on the "Use full editor" button,
- Add the "[solved]" string at the beginning of your topic title and click on the "Submit Modified Post" button.

Edited by parsifal (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue in Prestashop 1.6.1.3

The bad thing is, that i need to have slashes "/" in the product names. And so with each import of products with a slash in the name my categories will be destroyed. What can I do? Can somebody help me please?

BR

Dietmar

• 2 weeks later...

hi - this is a good question. but i tested it - if i have slash in the product Name, then catgories will be created. Example: product wit Name "A/B" creates a additional "B" category. If product Name is "A-B" then no new category will be created! I guess the prestashop Import interprets the "/" as new column in the Import file. And the next column is Category!