[SOLVED] - Remove Checkout Steps - Go Straight To Payment From Summary

prestatent

Prestashop 1.5.4.1

Hi

I am creating a new payment method. The customer can checkout as a guest only. I do not want guests to input any details at all (this is handled within the new payment processor where they will input email, address, etc.). Therefore, guests only need to add products to their cart, click on the checkout to view their cart, then the next button will be for payment.

I have modified some code, but clicking on the next button on the checkout-summary page does not go to the payment page, but ends up on the address page.

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by prestatent (see edit history)

Did you mean bypassing the "Billing Address" and "Delivery Address" which required for checkout?
My opinion ...
To have a secure payment process or secure payment environment for the shopping cart, we should have customer billing address.
Let say we are going to sell virtual products where delivery address is not necessary.
Then we won't have nothing to check or validate customer orders to make sure no fraud payment by customers. And if there is a fraudulent, we can't do nothing. Email address can easily be removed.
With the Billing Address reside on the shopping cart system, fraudulent  still could be happen so what would be happen if we don't have billing address.

But the answer is yes we can bypassing the billing address.
e.g by creating default billing address as a billing address for all customers.
And then each customer will use this default billing address (which is just a fake billing address) for every customer orders.
Customer doesn't have to know about this.
With this default (fake) billing address, we can bypassing the order-address step, and with virtual product we can bypassing order-shipping step.

Anyhow, with prestashop default system (current prestashop sytem), if customer already have billing address and the cookie address is still active in their browser, s/he can go straight to payment step without have to pass the order-address and order-shipping step.
You can try this on my website, try with this virtual product : Example

But remember cookie address should be set first, mean you still have to pass the order-address step for the first time.

Select one virtual product > add to cart > logged in > checkout > passed the order-address step > select another virtual product or just browse to another page.
You'll see the "Quick check out" button on the block cart. With this button, you can go straight to order-payment step without have to pass the following chekout step again : summary cart > order-address > order-shipping

Just like El Patron said ... "happy developing. ... " :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Thanks for your comments Gonebdg.

Our payment solution is different from the "norm". We don't require customers to input any details because their orders are processed on a separate payment platform, just like using paypal. These customers have to setup an account on this site and pay there. What I have to do is send the contents of the shopping cart, including the product references to this other site via XMLRPC.

I appreciate the arguments you have put forward, and thank you for your time in answering my query. Much appreciated.

Actually, while I'm on, does anone know of a way to retrieve the items from the shopping basket, so that I can put them into an array? I been looking at orderController.php, which creates the $products array of items in the shopping cart, but can't seem to work out a way to access this. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

• 11 months later...

HI Guys

I'm trying to disable the address step without success. I'm using Prestashop 1.5.

I've selected from 'only account creation' through the backend options: Print Screen1

Still the address is a mandatory field on my current checkout: Print screen2

It would be great if someone in our community can bring some light on this matter.

Have a wonderful week!

Regards.

HI Guys

I'm trying to disable the address step without success. I'm using Prestashop 1.5.

I've selected from 'only account creation' through the backend options: Print Screen1

Still the address is a mandatory field on my current checkout: Print screen2

It would be great if someone in our community can bring some light on this matter.

Have a wonderful week!

Regards.

please post new  topic, refrain from posting in 'solved' posts for better community review.

this post closed.