Bugs! Layered navigation "back button" problem (1.5.5)

I found this bug every site that using the prestashop filtering on layered navigation, not only my site problem.  (I am using 1.5.5 of prestashop clean install.)

When press the “back button” to previous page in browser on product detail page, that I landed on it after a filtering on "layered navigation Block". The filters I put is missing!  And The URL is change to wrong url.

Example

First page with filtering on "layered navigation”, URL is

www.example.com/en/3-women#/manufacturer-nicole_miller

When click to go to page 2, URL is

www.example.com/en/3-women#/manufacturer-nicole_miller/page-2

But when I want to back to page 1 , by click “back button” in browser, URL is change to

www.example.com/en/3-women#/

Not the right url like the first one.

www.example.com/en/3-women#/manufacturer-nicole_miller

I wonder if anyone can help me solve this problem.
Best Regards

Edited by angrycat (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I have the exact same problem! What's even more weird is that if im inserting the correct URL (category URL in the choosen category) after i press back, et redirects to base. Its a bit tricky to explain. But every time i press Back from a product, it redirects me to Productcategoryname instead of productcategoryname->ipodcategoryname.

I really hope there will be a solution because the blocklayered module are one of the best things about PS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi there.

When press the “back button” to previous page in browser on product detail page, that I landed on it after a filtering on "layered navigation Block". The filters I put is missing!  And The URL is change to wrong url.

Same problem with Prestashop 1.6.1.5 and module layered 2.1.3 .

May be it is just logical to lost the filters ?...

Edited by Pat_07 (see edit history)

• 9 months later...

Hi guys,

I have solved this problem by adding new feature and delete old feature values from database.

First of all, let me clarify my problem as following:

1. Upgrade prestashop from 1.4 to 1.6

1. Do some filters on category page (the URL will become #/color-red-yellow)

2. Click into any product page

3. Then hit BACK button, it will show "no product in this category" (URL become #/)

So I checked my database and found that ps_layered_friendly_url has generated data that the feature vales were old and not used anymore.

So how I fixed the problem (require basic MySQL knowledge, so I suggest you backup your db first):
1. Duplicate all the features at BO (for eg: color, material, etc)
2. Update id_feature in table ps_feature_value (do not create new feature values)

3. Update id_feature in table ps_feature_product

4. Delete id_feature_value which are not used anymore from ps_feature_product, ps_feature_value, ps_feature_value_lang

Then rebuilding URL at module block layered navigation and the problem is fixed.