online Pizza shop

sooroos

Check my online pizza shop

it is live and usable so please DO NOT FINISH ANY ORDER if you want to test, unless you are from the area and you are hungry! It is open between 16.30-23.00 CET (some modules are automatically enabled/disabled)

i still have a bug but it is not so important and i also need to display product page in pop-up.

it is my 1st website and It is 100% done by me. The only thing i have payed for is the "Attribute wizard pro" from presto-changeo team (great module, great support, i recommend). The rest is done with the help of this forum, especially from Vekia.

So please rate it, test it and then tell me your suggestion and recommendation. Thx

P.S. In a few days i will turn geolocation on

Link here.

Edited by sooroos (see edit history)
  • Like 4

yea i remember your website :)

superb menu! 

i browsed several categories there... oh my dear, i'm so hungry right now :D

questions

1) how you created this feature: http://i.imgur.com/xWq4bWs.png

2) what about responsiveness? im using phone to search something to eat, especially when im out, it might be useful in this case (check how it looks like on iPhone: http://i.imgur.com/PqofDHQ.png)

1) those are the carriers :) (when the shop is opened, they are disabled, and another one is enabled, i did that with crontab) i need to display them as drop down list, but dunno how

2) i would love the shop to be responsive but for the moment i dont have the necessary knowledge

1) those are the carriers :) (when the shop is opened, they are disabled, and another one is enabled, i did that with crontab) i need to display them as drop down list, but dunno how

2) i would love the shop to be responsive but for the moment i dont have the necessary knowledge

1) I never thought that these values are related to the carriers, nice idea :)

2) http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/webmaster/how-to-create-media-queries-in-responsive-web-design/1789 or try to deal with this free addon: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/263368-free-module-prestashop-15x-responsive-default-theme/

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi

1. in superfish-modified.css i added these lines:

.sf-menu li:nth-child(1) {background:url('../img/menu1.jpg') no-repeat top}
.sf-menu li:nth-child(2) {background:url('../img/menu11.jpg') no-repeat top}
.sf-menu li:nth-child(3) {background:url('../img/menu2.jpg') no-repeat top}
.sf-menu li:nth-child(4) {background:url('../img/menu5.jpg') no-repeat top}
.sf-menu li:nth-child(5) {background:url('../img/menu3.jpg') no-repeat top}
.sf-menu li:nth-child(6) {background:url('../img/menu6.jpg') no-repeat top}
.sf-menu li:nth-child(7) {background:url('../img/menu4.jpg') no-repeat top}
.sf-menu li:nth-child(8) {background:url('../img/menu9.jpg') no-repeat top}
.sf-menu li:nth-child(9) {background:url('../img/menu8.jpg') no-repeat top}

2. i have used vekia's module: http://mypresta.eu/modules/front-office-features/html-box.html

• Like 1

hi

1. in superfish-modified.css i added these lines:

.sf-menu li:nth-child(1) {background:url('../img/menu1.jpg') no-repeat top}

.sf-menu li:nth-child(2) {background:url('../img/menu11.jpg') no-repeat top}

.sf-menu li:nth-child(3) {background:url('../img/menu2.jpg') no-repeat top}

.sf-menu li:nth-child(4) {background:url('../img/menu5.jpg') no-repeat top}

.sf-menu li:nth-child(5) {background:url('../img/menu3.jpg') no-repeat top}

.sf-menu li:nth-child(6) {background:url('../img/menu6.jpg') no-repeat top}

.sf-menu li:nth-child(7) {background:url('../img/menu4.jpg') no-repeat top}

.sf-menu li:nth-child(8) {background:url('../img/menu9.jpg') no-repeat top}

.sf-menu li:nth-child(9) {background:url('../img/menu8.jpg') no-repeat top}

mmmm i see the image in the topmenu... but i see also the image in the sub-category.... 

can you help me?

• 3 months later...

Hi 

Thanks for advice, I have purchased this module and this is great.

Could you please tell how you make the function, price for Extras?

In your shop when choosing the pizza size then the price for Extra changes. 

in my case it's not changeable, can you please tell me how to do this?

Please check the link.

Pmix

Edited by Pmix (see edit history)

Hi Pmix

i know what you want but for the moment this is not possible with that module, and there is no other on the market.

what i have made is the following:

i have tripled each product and associated to diff categories (in my case 28cm, 33cm and 50cm)

So what the user sees as pizza size, are in fact 3 different products (img and desc are the same but the price is different)

I hope you understand what i meant.

• 3 months later...

The only problem what I can see on your shop is that it is not according to EU-laws (German laws). There are missing all specifications about allergens on your products. As Prestashop has no module for this, I prefere to realize such food shops with Wordpress. There is a out of the box theme for pizza services, including geolocalization,  allergen specification and some other goodies for payment, bons advantanges, etc..

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

Hi Sooroos

How you receiving the orders in your shop? is any automatic order printing? 

Pmix

Hi,

yes, the orders are automatically printed, the owner receives an email and it is automatically printed  via outlook

The only problem what I can see on your shop is that it is not according to EU-laws (German laws). There are missing all specifications about allergens on your products. As Prestashop has no module for this, I prefere to realize such food shops with Wordpress. There is a out of the box theme for pizza services, including geolocalization,  allergen specification and some other goodies for payment, bons advantanges, etc..

He has Zusatzstoffe, the link is in footer

Well if you think this is enough to cover German law, I will not discuss with you. For me it's not enough: the allergens should be specified direct to each product in description for my understanding.

well you are right, but i find no pizza shop in Germany with allergens specified direct to each product. The shop owner said he only needs Zusatzstoffe,

Great idea, but what about printer is a typical printer or GPRS / SMS printer?

typical printer

well you are right, but i find no pizza shop in Germany with allergens specified direct to each product. The shop owner said he only needs Zusatzstoffe,

Take a look to my demo. Sent link by PM. It's a ready for use package of WP, no adaptations needed. Besides you have a full control on back-end, cupons and several other goodies like geolocalization.

Hi there, I've applied my list of UX-tests to your shop and these are the results:

Generally your site looks great (love the images). User gets a good feeling for the products and as many have described here, it makes me hungry. This is one of the best non-functional features you've ' built '.

Some suggestions below:

Typography:

Your typography is different on many places. As an example, take this page: http://bit.ly/1cDaQX5

- The header text (contact details) is in a strange font that isn't used anywhere. This looks strange.

- Your category title ("Pizza 26cm") is trying to mimic the logo font. The color/glow is matched, but the font is not. It looks different and therefor it is harder for the user to recognize the similaries. I would suggest to change the logo font to a webfont (if it's a thirdparty font).

- Your footer links are put on a gradient, and the text is very small (almost unreadable on any modern iPad with retina display). As 80% of all people in Holland (I know you're in germany, but holland is a good comparison) have a tablet, I would urge you to make the fonts larger on your whole website.

- Popup font size (Möchtest Du Dir die Speisekarte anschauen und gegebenenfalls vorbestellen?) is larger than the rest of the site. I actually like this font size, it's way easier to read.

Images

- The "back to top" button in right bottom corner is not rounded properly (bad photoshop cutout). You see jagged edges. 

- Same applies to the facebook button in the top left.

- The home menu button does not match the image style for all the other buttons, it looks off. I would suggest a pizza box, or your logo there.

- Submenu images for pizza ( with the 'people' icons') look jagged. Try and use a vector image as a base and resize as neccesary).

- Image under getranke (0% alcoholfreie) looks jagged and does not match your style.

- Images "barzahlung" and "paypal" should be put full width, below the buttons. That way it's actually readable and gives a better meaning to the images.

General / Misc:

- You use different rounding types on the website, which is confusing. Visitors expect the same style everywhere. Example : Here. On this page the "Ihr warenkorb is leer" has a squared box. To the right you will see a grey rounded header (warenkorb) that looks off since there's extra whitespace. Try and keep a similar style on every page (I suggest round, I like it).

- If you go (here) with an empty cart, the footer is not locked to the bottom. The whitespace looks like it wasn't finished :)

- Your website is not responsive, meaning that mobile clients will most likely have a hard time ordering (size of buttons, size of text, reading your stuff properly and ordering). SEO is affected by this as well.

- Your products are animated in the product view (hover = popout). This distorts the text and animations (how cool it may be) don't add to the user experience, it actually does the opposite, it makes your website flashy and gives the end user a lot of impulses. I would suggest removing the "animation" and change it to a glow effect (in your styles color of course). This is easily done in CSS and will make your page calm. You want the to focus on the food. Not moving parts on the website.

- Your content (CMS pages) look very empty (e.g. this page). This is usually what happens if you just put content. What I suggest is putting a _table_ in the CMS page, and put a huge image to the right (spanning 30-40% of the full width). Then, change the font size and your pages will look way more filled up, and complete. 

SEO Tips:

- The text in the middle (address details) is an image now. Google/Bing can't read images, so I strongly urge you to change that part to text.

- Make your website Mobile-friendly. Google will rank websites that are NOT responsive LOWER. This has a serious impact!

- Start using .htaccess with url rewriting. Google likes neat urls :)

That's all I could find from looking at the basic pages. I can check the deeper pages as well if you'd like. Just let me know. If you need any help (it's my daily job to fix these issues, all of them including responsiveness) feel free to ask.

Edited by las3r (see edit history)

las3r, many thanks for your feedback.

"Unfortunatelly" the shop owner is very pleased with it as it is right now and he don't wanna invest more in his shop and i am currently involved in other projects :)

As from my point of view i have already knew most of what you have been writing here, but being my first prestashop and due to lack of time at that moment it remained as it is :)