Hide wholesale prices

jeyjoo

I have been asked to build a basic e-commerce where prices are visible.

However, for bulk buys - 20-30-40, the user has to logon with a specific business registration to view. This is to avoid regular clients seeing the B2B structure.

Does anyone know if this is possible in PS1.5?

Thanks

Hi jey,

additionally, you can create special categories (or a category tree structure if needed), which can only be seen by that group. When creating the category, at the bottom of the screen there is a field where you can (de) select the groups who have access to it. This way you can create your B2B structure, without normal customers seeing this.

Similarly, you can make carriers, who are only visible/accessable by this group, so you can give them special prices, or show carriers who ship by pallets only etc., which normal users shouldn't see/use.

Hope this helps,

pascal

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who is needing a wholesale solution, here is the solution I worked with:

- create a group called wholesale

- without creating extra categories, or duplicating work, using PS1.5 product prices option on the edit product, I added bulk quantities for discount price visible only to The Wholesale group.

It is also possible to make menu options available to wholesale only. Handy if you want to create pages and modules visible only to business clients.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi jey,

additionally, you can create special categories (or a category tree structure if needed), which can only be seen by that group. When creating the category, at the bottom of the screen there is a field where you can (de) select the groups who have access to it. This way you can create your B2B structure, without normal customers seeing this.

Similarly, you can make carriers, who are only visible/accessable by this group, so you can give them special prices, or show carriers who ship by pallets only etc., which normal users shouldn't see/use.

Hope this helps,

pascal

Hi pascal,

can you offer a little more "how to" with regard to setting up special categories that only certain groups can see?  i understand and have tested the "creating a wholesale group" with success.  this method lets them see everything that a visitor sees but with the price adjusted down.  i would like to create an account for a qualified wholesale customer and when they log in they have access to categories that a guest wouldn't see or access at all.  how do i accomplish this?  thank you in advance for any insight.

thanks,

derek

Hi pascal,

can you offer a little more "how to" with regard to setting up special categories that only certain groups can see?  i understand and have tested the "creating a wholesale group" with success.  this method lets them see everything that a visitor sees but with the price adjusted down.  i would like to create an account for a qualified wholesale customer and when they log in they have access to categories that a guest wouldn't see or access at all.  how do i accomplish this?  thank you in advance for any insight.

thanks,

derek

Hi derek,

back office-->catalog-->categories-->edit a category

scroll to very bottom, here you can tell ps which groups have access to category...