How to redirect customers login through FB to a separate group other than 'customers' in BO

Hi, 

Im trying to redirect customers who login through FB to a separate group on BO. By default it goes into 'customers'. But I would want them go to different custom group say 'FB customers' so that I can offer them some kind of specific discounts/promotions. 

Can anyone guide me how can I achieve this. 

Thank you. 

PrestaFanBoy

you mean about register or about login ?

so the question is: you want to change group right after register (or register customer with new group) or change group while they trying to log in ?

Hello Vekia, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I mean, if i buy any module that enables facebook auto login, I want all such customers to be attached to a separate group other than default 'customers' group so that I can separate them for any offers. 

Im not sure how it could be achieved or at what step.

PrestaFanBoy

Edited by PrestaFanBoy (see edit history)

i don't know what module you bought, but you have to edit this module php script to change customer group. This is all what i can say in this case, mainly because i don't know sources of addon.

sorry,

with regards,

Milos

Hello Vekia, 

I havent bought yet, but thinking to buy an auto login module for fb. I will try to see if there anything in php script to do that. 

i appreciate your guidance :)

Thank you. 

• 3 months later...