Category Discount for Customer Groups - PS 1.5.5 & 1.5.6

The category discount is just not working.  I've double checked the group in question has all the categories assigned to it, a discount is set for the given category.  I've cleared cache, deleted browser history, logout and back in, but I keep seeing the original price.  The discount is not triggering at all. 

Anybody has this working on PS 1.5.5.0 ?

Edited by dformica (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

*sigh* it's 2015 and I've just come across this same issue. Supposedly you should just be able to go in to the group and then select different categories and apply the % discount, but when I try this one of two things happen:

1) I select the category and the window closes.

2) I enter a percentage, hit "add" and I get an error alert saying "wrong ID selected".

Which means, I can't select a category ID to assign the discount to.

I'm really hoping someone has a solution, because I don't want to have discounts throughout my entire store for this Group.

----------------------

Category discount. Click on the "Add a category discount" to bring up a new window, which contains a list of all your categories. You can pick one, and apply a specific discount which will apply for that group of customers only, and to that category only.

Note that:

Only products which have this category as their default category will be affected by the discount. Products which have this category as a secondary category will not be affected.

This category discount will replace any other discount that members of this group would otherwise enjoy on this category.

You can add as many category discounts for this customer group as you need – thereby enabling to entirely give this group a whole set of different discounts if you feel the need.