ngarib

Changing of the Bank Wire Module

Hi,

I want to use Prestashop for a local business and I want to use a Mobile Money Transfer service for my payments. I have not come across any module that offers this and so I resorted to changing the Bank wire module to suit my needs. It  is working well because in both cases the payment verification process will be manual. I have changed pretty much of everything except in the customer's account it reads payment was via bank wire and also in the 'awaiting payment' email containing the subject, Awaiting Bank Wire Payment.

Or alternatively, where do I go to edit the contents of the handle {payment} as pertains to the Bank wire module?

In short, I want everywhere that the words Bank wire to be replaced with Mobile Money in the entire website.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, Ngarib

I had a similar problem as you  - In New Zealand (NZ) we do not use 'bankwire' we use 'bankdeposit' if I use the bankwire module 'as it is' I would lose sales once people get to selecting payments my customers will think where's the bank deposit option and WTF is a bankwire . Not sure if this is the same problem that you have?

I have 'hacked' not 'cloned' the bankwire module to replace all 'bankwire' wording that my customers will see with 'bankdeposit' wording.

Unfortunately I cannot clone the bankwire module every time I try it gets screwed up - think it is to do with how this module reports to the database and bounces back the validation process.

Meaning the 'hack' I did replaced the 'bankwire module' and leave all the 'bankwire' database as is - BUT i cannot use a second default 'bankwire' module. I did this hack yesterday and it seems to work.

I am not a programmer - more comfortable designing artwork just a desperate online shop owner that needs a working 'bankdeposit' module for my NZ customers.

I came across your post yesterday while looking for solutions.

Short story I made a 'Mobile Money' hack of the bankwire mod just to see if I could duplicate what I have done and this appears to work.

Reading your post it appears that you have been able to get a proportion of the module to work. Do you want to collaborate on this one? 

PM me if you are interested and we can swap folders/files - I have also designed a Mobile Money Logo for this mod.

Edited by gritnz (see edit history)

I have successfully been able to clone the bankwire module as a bank deposit and mobile money module

Go to BO > Order > Statuses > Add New insert name for status Ex : awaiting payment with mobile, Allow customer to download and view PDF version of invoice, Send e-mail to customer when order status is changed...pick template email (i think you must add a new template email and put into "mail" folder on your Root, Save... you will see a new statuses

and now edit validation.php on your bank wire module (actually on module name > controllers > front) find PS_OS_bankwire and change to PS_OS_mobilepayment, Go to order statuses list and remember the ID of your newly created mobile payment status

Go to your Database add new row on PS_Configuration, add 400 NULL NULL PS_OS_BANKWIRE3 13 0000-00-00 00:00:00 0000-00-00 00:00:00 ("13" is Example ID of your statusses)

hope that can help you, sorry for my bad english