To use Smart Cache directory must be writable

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me. Totally confused here.

I want to enable 'Use CCC for CSS' but everytime i click and try to save the setting it comes up with the message 'To use Smart Cache directory must be writable'. It's in the Advanced Parameters - Performance section. I don't underdstand what this means or how to sort the problem out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

yes definitely, there should be also option to change file / directory permissions (chmod/permissions)

open /themes/YOUR_THEME/ directory and try to change permissions/chmod to /cache/ directory recursively to 777

btw.

chmod = permissions

recursively = all files and subdirectories (with all files)

• 2 months later...

Create a directory called cache in your theme directory and that should be all you have to do. 

Just had this issue also, just needed to add the cache folder thank you! I also changed the permissions of the template folder to 777, including sub folders. I should change that back to 755.

Edited by RCP90 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

What is it with theme makers not following convention. I recently purchased a new theme and it did not have a cache folder in the theme directory either. I added one manually, but enabling CCC gives me a blank front page with only some elements loading.

and what about error reporting, do you see any errors if you use this theme?

No errors at all. I heard somewhere on dh42;s blogpost we need to move some files to the theme folder for this to work. You have any idea about that? Its a newly launched theme and has many bugs, and i fixed some with sheer luck and some with one of your posts here :D. And some other forum posts too.

Edited by indus (see edit history)

• 8 months later...

go to your theme directory and change CHMOD (permissions) to /cache/ directory (recursively) the same for /cache/ directory located in root dir of your ps store installation

For the 1.6.0.9 version? i don't have the cache dir in the theme...

Hi everybody,

Does someone can help me please.... I can't  go on my webshop anymore .. when i tape the url : www.artnflower.com/boutique .. nothing appear Blink page... yesterday it still worked... Today no more... i did not change something  in the configurator at all... When i wanna go to the BO and click on parameters, perfomances and other ,, the blink page comes again ... :angry: :angry:  :angry: it's very embarrassing for "no"the sales

Here is the error .. Thanks a lot for your important help . Sandrine :wub:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'unable to write file /htdocs/boutique/cache/smarty/compile/wrt54747c1191ac41.04425747' in /htdocs/boutique/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php:44 Stack trace: #0 /htdocs/boutique/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(201): Smarty_Internal_Write_File::writeFile('/htdocs/boutiqu...', '<?php /* Smarty...', Object(Smarty)) #1 /htdocs/boutique/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(155): Smarty_Internal_Template->compileTemplateSource() #2 /htdocs/boutique/classes/helper/Helper.php(114): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch() #3 /htdocs/boutique/classes/helper/HelperView.php(59): HelperCore->generate() #4 /htdocs/boutique/classes/controller/AdminController.php(1995): HelperViewCore->generateView() #5 /htdocs/boutique/controllers/admin/AdminSearchController.php(423): AdminControllerCore->renderView() #6 /htdocs/boutique/classes/controller/AdminController.php(1749): AdminSearchControllerCore->renderView() #7 /htdocs in /htdocs/boutique/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 44

• 9 months later...

Create a directory called cache in your theme directory and that should be all you have to do. 

OMG!! Thank you so very much for this advice. I have been trying to solve this problem over multiple installs of PS and with a lot of different themes.

IT WORKED!!! Thank you!!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

yes definitely, there should be also option to change file / directory permissions (chmod/permissions)

open /themes/YOUR_THEME/ directory and try to change permissions/chmod to /cache/ directory recursively to 777

btw.

chmod = permissions

recursively = all files and subdirectories (with all files)

777 is unsafe, don't use it in  production 

Edited by Dottor M (see edit history)
  • Like 1