Safely remove "pagination" and "product sort"

How do I safely remove the possibility for the "product sort" thing in category view, and the pagination thing at the bottom?

I can see the includes for this in category.tpl, but is it safe to remove them - i.e. what if I will have 100 products in one category - will all of them be shown, or will the pagination hide them even though it's not active?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi, I removed the include line for product sort in the catagory.tpl and uploaded the file, refreshed the page and the sort product function is still there!

I am using version 1.4.1.0

Any ideas how to remove the product sort function?

Thanks

Hi, I removed the include line for product sort in the catagory.tpl and uploaded the file, refreshed the page and the sort product function is still there!

I am using version 1.4.1.0

Any ideas how to remove the product sort function?

Thanks

Makes sure to have

Force Compile: YES
and CACHE: NO

where to find it?
go to Preferences >> Performance
then look at Smarty section

if u remove Pagination make sure to Edit "Products per page"
where to find it?
go to Preferences >> Products
it should be the 13th line.
so i guess you should put a big number there to display your product on one page.

• 5 months later...

The "products per page" settings also affects the number of manufacturers per page (don't ask me why).

Is there a way to set the two details separately? I would like to have a pagination for products, but also would like to show all the manufacturers available within the same page.

How to do it?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

The "products per page" settings also affects the number of manufacturers per page (don't ask me why).

Is there a way to set the two details separately? I would like to have a pagination for products, but also would like to show all the manufacturers available within the same page.

How to do it?

A bit late dude but I would like the same functionality. If you are still presta-member and found a solution, please share

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...