Manual insert of categories and products via MySQL

akar134

Hi all,

I would like to upload products and categories into prestashop database manually by using SQL.

The reason why I need to do it in this way is that the supplier provide's XML feeds which contain just partial information ( for example - information about products and stock quantities are splitted in different XML's )

I would like to process data in following steps :

1. Download XML feeds from supplier

2. Load xml data to database temporary tables ( for example tmp_products, tmp_stock, etc ... )

3. Select request data from temporary tables ( for example join data by using select from different temporary tables to get the proper data combination ) and insert them to the prestashop database tables ( ps_products, ps_categories, etc )

Do you know which information needs to be inserted = which are mandatory? Which tables in this case need to be updated ?

Have you been facing such kind of issue?

Thank you for any help

Akar134

Edited by akar134 (see edit history)

if you're talking only about product informations (no category associations etc.), check these tables:

• ps_product
  • ps_product_shop
  • ps_stock_available

I need also categories and associations...

I'm wondering if there is any prestashop table description where is described which database field is representing which information in prestashop front-end.

Basically I have all required data, but do not know where to insert them...

Do you know if there exist a mapping of fields which can show where to insert the right value?

Thank you

so you will need to import also datas to ps_category_product table

I'm wondering if there is any prestashop table description where is described which database field is representing which information in prestashop front-end.

i don't know any tutorial website with this, i can only suggest to use official database shema - check this: 

doc.prestashop.com/download/attachments/9404440/pdw-1.5-20130605.pdf?

version=1&modificationDate=1373965853000&api=v2

you will see connections betwen tables etc.

• Like 1

Hi Vekia,

thank you , I have checked official database shema - it is good. Unfortunatelly there is missing detailed description of each field.

I know that lot of fields have well understandable name, but I believe that some table description would be great.

Also I do not know which fields are mandatory, which not... :-(

I believe that someone already had to deal with a similar manual SQL upload and can provide some good hints.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...