[solved] An error occurred while updating an object. product () - Urgent Need Help

This is getting ridiculuous.

I have a fresh install of prestashop and have transfered database from my old website which ran presta 1.5.2

Right now I am having issues, whenever i try to update a product it throws me this error

An error occurred while updating an object. product ()

And in reality depending on what i update the update goes through, so for example if I update the quantity of aproduct it does update but when i try to update the specific price then i get this error

I have tried this fix which i found on the forum but it did not work,

alter table ps_product add column redirect_type int (10) ;
alter table ps_product_shop add column redirect_type int (10) ;

Is this something problematic with presta 1.5.5?

I hope somebody can help fix this

see this post

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/213276-an-error-occurred-while-creating-object-product-solved/?do=findComment&comment=1052722

you will need access to your db with phpmyadmin or something similar that allows you to run mysql commands

El Patron,

I have used a bit different code from the one there, and now it says that 

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE prs_product_shop ADD `redirect_type` ENUM( '', '404', '301', '302' ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `active` ;

MySQL said: dot.gif

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'redirect_type' 

What should i do in this case? how can i drop the table and do the query again?

see this post

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/213276-an-error-occurred-while-creating-object-product-solved/?do=findComment&comment=1052722

you will need access to your db with phpmyadmin or something similar that allows you to run mysql commands

I dropped the column and tried the code again but no luck

It is still showing that mistake

Is that a bug within prestashop 1.5.5 or what is it? I can't understand

Would really appreciate if you could help fix it 

it is difficult via a forum to see what you have done...what needs to be done etc.  i.e. not sure I can help much more than i have using forum...

I am not sure why you used a different command than the two documented in the 'solved' thread....

the method of importing the 1.5.2 database into a new version, well leaves you open for this sort of problem, i.e. db fields not matching..

it is difficult via a forum to see what you have done...what needs to be done etc.  i.e. not sure I can help much more than i have using forum...

I am not sure why you used a different command than the two documented in the 'solved' thread....

the method of importing the 1.5.2 database into a new version, well leaves you open for this sort of problem, i.e. db fields not matching..

The thing is that I have used the code that was documented in the thread and it still did not help since in that thread there is one more person that has the same issue thus this leaves to me believe that there is something else wrong and I hope we can find it :)

probably the easiest way for your to proceed is to create a clean ps installation of same version.

then you can compare the tables...and find the differences...

This is actually a good idea, but then, since I am not that good in understanding the databases do you think it would best to post it here on the forum to find some hlp?

give it a try first...make sure to also build your sitemap and submit to google...

El Patron, thanks for the idea. I actually found the issue

So in the fresh install there is a column called id_product_redirected which i did not have in my db from version 1.5.2

So with my no skills in MySQL i was able to sort of figure out that this should be the query to the database but i need help in defining 0 for this column

what changes do i need to make to the query in order to achieve that maybe somebody can help

ALTER TABLE prs_product_shop ADD `id_product_redirected` ENUM('', '404', '301', '302') NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `redirect_type` ;
ALTER TABLE prs_product ADD `id_product_redirected` ENUM('', '404', '301', '302') NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `redirect_type` ;

here it assigns those values (404,301,302) to the column but i need to have just plain 0

good job following up on this and reporting back how you resolved...the  community thanks you.

I will mark as solved

Thank you as well, this solution works, but just to be perfectionist i was not able to find the way to make that column become 0 due to my limited mysql knowledge )

Thank you as well, this solution works, but just to be perfectionist i was not able to find the way to make that column become 0 due to my limited mysql knowledge )

Here is the Final Code to fully fix this issue

ALTER TABLE prs_product_shop ADD `id_product_redirected` INT( 0 ) NOT NULL AFTER `redirect_type` ;
ALTER TABLE prs_product ADD `id_product_redirected` INT( 0 ) NOT NULL AFTER `redirect_type` ;
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had the same error after upgrading 1.4.8 to 1.5.6, but it was caused by

Unknown column 'id_color_default' in 'field list'. Made a database change in PHPMyAdmin with:

ALTER TABLE `ps_product` ADD `id_color_default` INT(10) NULL DEFAULT NULL AFTER `id_category_default`;

and the system now adds new products and edits existing ones.

Added to thread just in case it helps somebody.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello! I have the same error when I try to modify the products status, the description. My currently version of prestashop is 1.6.0.14.

If I use this code on the PHPmyAdmin: 

ALTER TABLE ps_product_shop ADD `id_product_redirected` INT( 0 ) NOT NULL AFTER `redirect_type` ;
ALTER TABLE ps_product ADD `id_product_redirected` INT( 0 ) NOT NULL AFTER `redirect_type` ;

I received:

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE ps_product_shop ADD `id_product_redirected` INT( 0 ) NOT NULL AFTER `redirect_type` ;

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'id_product_redirected' 

What I'm doing wrong? Could some explain how this database works?

• 1 year later...

see this post

But I got this error on multi-shop page An error occurred while updating an object. cms ()     on cms pages multi-shop prestashop 1.6.1.11 any ideas?