Showing out of stock if default combination is out of stock.

Hi guys,

The product list shows the "out of stock" message if the default combination of a product is out of stock, even if there are other available combinations.

I would like to show the "out of stock" message only if all the combinations are out of stock. Any idea of how to do it?

I am using prestashop 1.5.4 with custom template.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I need help on this too.. I think the OP refers to the product-list, not the product-page.

In the product-list (when customer is browsing categories) we want to enable the Cart-button, if there is one combination available.

Lets say we have size S and size M. size M is default combination.

If there are 2 left of size S, and none left of size M, we want size S to become the default-combination, so that the product doesn't list as "out of stock".

Any one have any ideas?

PS 1.5.6.0

• 3 years later...

Since this is a feature that should have been implemented in the PS core functionalities and for over 2 years NO solutions were given except 2 paid modules, I am going to SPAM all the threads that address this matter.
I am sorry but it doesn't seem fair at all that such an important base feature is made available via paid module when it should have been rolled out in a PS update long time ago  :( 

I've seen so many PS stores losing customers because they see an Out of Stock message on a product that actually HAS stock on other combinations. It's already beyond ridiculous, this silence of the PS staff.

This a call of desperation to the PS staff, of a lot of PS users, not just mine.

Let the solution reveal itself at last!

#MegaBump