Shipping cost in prestashop

Actually, shipping is based on the price OR on the weight, but not both.

Why not implement both?

Shipping from Asia (EMS and Airmail) have price depending on price AND weight.

Same is with Norway.. Some packages got up to 10kilo, but only if it is not exceeding a length. If it is over that length or width it is a different price.

So for me the shipping calculator is WAY to simple to have good enough automatic shipping price.

what is needed from me is add weight on special products so it would cover the cost, but this might be wrong if you add 2 of these products.. Then it should be maybe 5$ extra, instead of 10$ or more.

• 1 month later...

There definitely need to be a more options for calculating shipping prices.

Working out shipping based on total value (price or weight) is no good for me because I send inidividual packages and can't combine the shipping costs (all my items are large and, with the exception of one product, I can only fit one item into one box and am charged per box). Therefore the total weight or price is irrelevant as I charge customers per package and different packages carry different shipping costs depending on the value of the item inside.

For instance, most items have free standard shipping as they are high-value, but one item in particular is low value but large, and I have to charge for standard delivery. I can combine two low-value items into one package (giving free delivery on the second item) but combining a low-value item with any of the higher-value items doesn't make any difference as it still costs me to send 2 packages and I therefore need to charge for the lower-value item. Currently, I have a temporary solution set up using weight ranges to define the number of packages, but it causes various problems.

Ideally, there would be an option in the catalogue to enter a 'Minimum Shipping Price' for each product, with the option to set discounts for mulitples. There would also be a 'No. of Packages' range option alongside Weight and Price. Then, any surcharges for special delivery options could be added on top of the minimum shipping price (based upon total number of packages).

However, allowing calculations to be based on both weight AND price and with the option to apply those to calculations to individual products rather than total cart value would also help a lot.

• 3 months later...

calculating shipping must have both value and weight option.
for cash on delivery most of carriers are having a fee for returning the money (about 2%)
also carriers are having extra fee per weight (per kg) for packages that weight more than 1 kg and extra distance fee (delivery at xx km from carrier agency costs extra)

ex:

sending a package to client that lives at y km from carrier agency costs: standard fee+(extra kg weght x fee/1 extra kg weight)+(extra number of km x fee/extra km distance)

sending a package to client that lives at 10 km from carrier agency and having the weight of 11kg with cash on delivery of 100euro :
(let's say standard fee is 10euro; extra weight=1euro/1kg; extra distance=1euro/1km and 2% fee for cash on delivery)

the total is :

10euro + (10kg x 1euro) + (10km x 1euro) + (2%x100euro) = 10 euro + 10 euro + 10 euro + 2 euro = 32 euro

how to calculate this with prestashop ?