stop parent category displaying all sub category products

Hi There,

I am trying to stop all products from all sub categories appearing in parent categories.

I have a shop which sales picture frames and related items.

For frames I have a root category  of “Frames”.

Example .  A 4” x 6” Black Frame

Which exists in Frames > Photo Frames > 4” x 6” Frames > Black Frames

Is assigned only to the bottom sub categories  4” x 6” frames and Black Frames.

Yet if I select  the category “Frames” from the main menu,  this product and every single product in every sub category of “Frames” is listed in the products.  Is there any way to stop this?

What I want is that if I assign a product to only the “4” x 6” frames” sub category “Black Frames” sub category , it only appears in these categories.

Any help would be appreciated.  I think I saw a switch for this in admin in a very obscure place and cannot find it  again.

Kind Regards

Morgan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Dear all

Please read this topic.

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/330549-display-subcategory-products-in-parent-category/

Prestashop Ambassador "Vekia" given correct answer.

hello

if you want to display products of subcategories while you're browsing parent category - just turn on block layered navigation module.

you don't have to configure it and create filters etc. just install it, turn it on and enable this option (on module configuration page)
Qfd8Tjl.png

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I am currently working on 1.7.6.3 in localhost, i too have this issue, subcategory products showing in parent category.

Checked that the product isnt associated with the parent, which it is not, went to faceted search, which was disabled as i do not use it. Turned off the option for "show products from subcategorie"s just to check if it made a difference but the products are still showing up in the parent category. So i rebuilt the indexes, cleared the cache in faceted search module, cleared the website cache. Products are still showing in the parent category. Uninstalled faceted search module and deleted it. Still showing lol!

Maybe theres some relationships left in the DB that havnt been removed when i deleted the module, anyway i cant figure out why theyre showing up still.

Anyone got any ideas? It would be greatly appreciated :)

2 hours ago, metalines said:

Hi,

I am currently working on 1.7.6.3 in localhost, i too have this issue, subcategory products showing in parent category.

Checked that the product isnt associated with the parent, which it is not, went to faceted search, which was disabled as i do not use it. Turned off the option for "show products from subcategorie"s just to check if it made a difference but the products are still showing up in the parent category. So i rebuilt the indexes, cleared the cache in faceted search module, cleared the website cache. Products are still showing in the parent category. Uninstalled faceted search module and deleted it. Still showing lol!

Maybe theres some relationships left in the DB that havnt been removed when i deleted the module, anyway i cant figure out why theyre showing up still.

Anyone got any ideas? It would be greatly appreciated :)

see this post, i.e. use filter system not 'menu' system, layered will solve