[SOLVED]Password reset email not sent to the Customer

Hi,

I just created a store using Prestashop. There is an issue though, the customers are not getting any email either in the Inbox or in the Spam/Junk folder upon clicking 'Forgot your Password?' and entering their registered email address. They even get a message that A confirmation email has been sent to your address.

I am using the php mail function, the same customers and all others are getting emails from my store upon registration, placing order, order confirmation etc but its just this password reset/forgot password email they are not receiving.

What do I need to do to get this feature working? I have tried changing the password regeneration time but that did not help.

Thanks.

Edited by sehgalanurag (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Even I am not sure why this feature 'forgot your password?' did not work when the php mail function was selected but it worked just fine when I entered the correct SMTP details. Apart from this feature, all other automated emails were working fine on the php mail function as well. There was no other changes made in any of the settings elsewhere, just changing to SMTP method made it work. Thanks.

• Like 1

it's because many mail servers like hotmail, yahoo, gmail blocks mails from mail() method, because it is usually SPAM, so it's better to use SMTP.

i suppose that in this case was the same, your mails was treated like a spam and:

1) moved to SPAM directory

2) blocked permanently

• Like 2

I guess these mails were blocked permanently in my case since they were not there in the spam folder. But I am not sure why It was just the Password reset mail that was blocked, other mails were delivered in the Inbox, not even in the spam folder with the same settings. Anyways, the problem got solved.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...