Allow Add to Cart but do NOT display pricing

jowaju

I have a need for the ability to allow adding a product to the cart, without showing it's price on the product page. I am using 1.5.2.0, and am in Catalog mode. Basically when I am at the product details page in the Backoffice, I see the following options :

I have successfully removed the greyed out "show price" link and it is now able to be checked/unchecked, but as soon as you click save, it changes it back to checked. I need it bo available to order, but ALSO to uncheck the Show price. The informations.tpl file is where it seems to be, but I cannot figure out what to do to fix this. Thanks in advance for any help!

Options:
  • available for order
  • show price
  • online only (not sold in store)

Hi jowaju,

Try this:

edit file: /themes/<your theme folder>/css/product.css

at the end of the file, add this:

#buy_block .price, #buy_block #reduction_percent, #buy_block #reduction_amount {
display: none}

save file and reload detail page.

Hope this helps,
pascal

I have a need for the ability to allow adding a product to the cart, without showing it's price on the product page. I am using 1.5.2.0, and am in Catalog mode. Basically when I am at the product details page in the Backoffice, I see the following options :

I have successfully removed the greyed out "show price" link and it is now able to be checked/unchecked, but as soon as you click save, it changes it back to checked. I need it bo available to order, but ALSO to uncheck the Show price. The informations.tpl file is where it seems to be, but I cannot figure out what to do to fix this. Thanks in advance for any help!

Options:
  • available for order
  • show price
  • online only (not sold in store)

Hi,

I was wondering how you successfully removed the greyed out "show price" link so that it is able to be checked/unchecked?

I have some products that I don't want the prices shown and not able to add to cart.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

• 3 months later...
Will this work on 1.5.6 ??

.....#buy_block .price, #buy_block #reduction_percent, #buy_block #reduction_amount {

display: none}.....

Though I can not find /themes/<your theme folder>/css/product.css to edit, any idea where am I wrong?

Any solution to selectively show/hide price by using the check box? (and still being able to add to cart?)

Thanks.. 

Will this work on 1.5.6 ??
.....#buy_block .price, #buy_block #reduction_percent, #buy_block #reduction_amount {
display: none}.....
Though I can not find /themes/<your theme folder>/css/product.css to edit, any idea where am I wrong?

Any solution to selectively show/hide price by using the check box? (and still being able to add to cart?)
Thanks.. 

you use default theme?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...