[SOLVED] Stuck at "Create Database Tables" during installation

The installer says the system is compatible but it encounters an error when creating db tables:

==============================================

Create database tables

An error occured during installation...

You can use the links on the left column to go back to the previous steps, or restart the installation process by clicking here.

==============================================

Max memory is set to 256MB, max execution time is set to 120 seconds and all permissions are okay.

Any idea?

post-705521-0-90802000-1378739019_thumb.jpg

Edited by StephaneB74 (see edit history)

Hi Stephane,

A few 'tries':

- Is this a fully fresh install, or does the database used already has other tables in it? If so, make sure the PREFIX (default "ps") of your tables differs from the old ones. (If you had a few tries already to install Prestashop, maybe there are tables left from a previous try. Check the database contents with phpMyAdmin or so.)

- does it take a while before it says this error? If so, maybe the PHP script execution time allowed is too low:

if you have access to your php.ini file (normally located in either public_html or your shop root) then find a line similar to this:

max_execution_time = 30     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
and increase the value to say 200. See if this helps.

If you cannot edit (or don't have) a php.ini file, ask your host if they can increase this value

- Did you unzip the files locally and then uploaded them to your server? There may be a problem with one or more files during transmission. Best is to unzip the files at the server side directly. Otherwise try to upload one more time (maybe use other FTP application)

- did you create the database yourself? Did you make a database user? Make sure database name, user and password are correct (BeWAre oF cAPiTAls, they must match)

My 2 cents,

pascal

Hi Stephane,

A few 'tries':

- Is this a fully fresh install, or does the database used already has other tables in it? If so, make sure the PREFIX (default "ps") of your tables differs from the old ones. (If you had a few tries already to install Prestashop, maybe there are tables left from a previous try. Check the database contents with phpMyAdmin or so.)

- does it take a while before it says this error? If so, maybe the PHP script execution time allowed is too low:

if you have access to your php.ini file (normally located in either public_html or your shop root) then find a line similar to this:

max_execution_time = 30     ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
and increase the value to say 200. See if this helps.

If you cannot edit (or don't have) a php.ini file, ask your host if they can increase this value

- Did you unzip the files locally and then uploaded them to your server? There may be a problem with one or more files during transmission. Best is to unzip the files at the server side directly. Otherwise try to upload one more time (maybe use other FTP application)

- did you create the database yourself? Did you make a database user? Make sure database name, user and password are correct (BeWAre oF cAPiTAls, they must match)

My 2 cents,

pascal

I've already tried all of the above except re-uploading the files. I will try that and let you know.

Thanks!

I finally found the solution. Holy crap I pulled my hair on this one.

Go to WHM > Service Configuration > Apache Configuration

- Set "Keep-Alive Timeout" to 5 (it was set to 1).

- Set "Timeout" to 60 (it was set to 12).

Save the settings, rebuild the configuration and restart Apache.

Installation went fine after that.

• Like 1