Feedbacks and Ratings are important

MEG Venture

Hi to all contributors and Prestashop Addons team,

As we all know, we are having ratings and feedbacks after every purchase. Feedbacks that we are unable to know from whom they are sent.

Sometimes, I am receiving low rated feedbacks with some unpleasant words and want to reach to my customer to satisfy him/her in order not to lose a customer. I believe that I can change his/her mind and convince to modify his/her feedback positively. But I can't, as neither their emails nor their order id are displayed to the developer.

I wonder if such an option could be provided? 

Why I want that?

Because, recently a customer of mine left me a three star rating (which is unacceptable for me) and stated that he sent emails to me three times and that he couldn't get any replies. When and how that happened? Until now, I replied to all Addons mails in less than an hour. The non-replied mails stays highlighted and there is no highlighted mail in my inbox. 

So it is very frustrating not to be able to contact with the customer and trying to earn him back. Maybe he issued a refund request and he got his money back for no reason. Or maybe he is someone with bad intentions. I even can't open a dispute.

I hope my voice is heard from the officials.

Kind regards.

• Like 3

Hello,

I totally agree that this should be improoved. Today I received bad rating for product that already has more then 20 nice ratings. This is why I assume that the client only had some technical issue, that he was not able to solve. He didn't contact me and his review comment wasn't very clear. Now the problem really is:
1) I can't contact him to help the client

2) I have no chance to understand what he didn't like, in order to improove my products

Frustrating, huh?
I believe that reviews are more often written by unsatisfied customers (unless the satisfied ones are also somehow motivated), so it would be very usefull for everyone, to have an option to contact the client, so we can help them and learn how we can improove our products even more. Most of my current reviews are from clients who wrote me, because they needed some advice and then they made a review, because I provided good support. Some clients may overlook "Contact the developer" link...

Edited by webplus (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No response from Prestashop ?
If you don't want us to be able to contact clients, please add a link "Contact developer" to the emails sent to clients (to review email or order confirmation email). Something like "If you experience any issue with purchased product, please contact the developer for support". Today I received bad rating because client purchased 1.4 version instead of 1.5 by mistake (his mistake, the version is stated properly in description). I would give him the new version if he contacted me, but he didn't. And I can't contact him :-(

So at the end there is one unsatisfied customer and one frustrated developer.

Edited by webplus (see edit history)

I have brought up these issues quite some time ago, have not seen any improvements. I had customers use the rating system to ask for support. Of course there is no way for me to respond, so I just end up with a bad rating, often because of something very simple. Some customers even gave bad ratings because they could not find a  way to contact me, that is literally what they wrote in their comment next to the rating, which again I had no way of responding to.

Addons is quite lacking in terms of customer support. For starters I would expect to see a new message notification on my seller account, just like the new pm notification you see on the forum. There is no way to set the status of the support ticket to open/closed, there is no way to see the other threads from the same customer. These are all basic things you can find in almost all the similar systems.

I would suggest he following for customer service:

Connect all threads, ratings and orders from the same customer. i.e. when I am checking a thread started by a customer I should be able to see the other threads started by the same customer, the ratings and comments and vice versa. Right now you see a rating but you don't know if you have exchanged any messages, you only see the order date and would have to go trough pages of messages to see if there was any messages for the same order date.  We should also see the domain for which the module was purchased.

The changelog should also be visible, at least to the customers who purchased the module. I don't see the changelog myelf, so I am not sure if the customers can see it. They should also be able to subscribe to be notified for new module updates.

• 6 months later...

Hi tuk66, Addons improvements are happening now. We started today. I will make sure that the team receives this suggestion. I do agree that this should be implemented for a better user experience. 

Hello Benjamin,

any news regarding the option to contact client who rated our products? I received 1 star rating and 5 star rating for the same product in one day. I'm sure the unsatisfied client didn't read the manual or didn't manage to setup theme properly (not so easy in 1.6 (new column setup or in cases when theme installer module doesn't work on the hosting). I believe I can help such clients if I can contact them. It already happend few times that client contacted me, frustrated from the setup and at the end of the day he was very happy with the product and support. Please consider implementing this feature, I think it's very important. Happy clients is what we want, right? ;-)

Thank you.

PS: thumbs up for recent addons improovements!

• 1 month later...

Today we got 1/5 on one module because the customer stated that he messaged us be we never replayed and he had trouble installing the product.

That customer has never contacted us, and he obviously did not read our User's Manual because we provide e-mail for contacts there too, so we have received 1/5 totally undeserved.

Now who do we have to contact from PrestaShop, to give us contact information about that customer so we can solve his problem and ask him to correct his rating?

Edited by Dreamtheme (see edit history)