[solved] Overriding classes in module is not working after module reset

xezus

Hi guys I not sure if it's just my problem or if it's some prestashop bug.

The problem is

I am overriding two classes Category.php and Link.php after install is everything ok, but when I what to reset the module I get a error

Cannot install this module.

Unable to install override: directory (C:\xampp\htdocs\prestashop\override\override/classes) not writable

As you can see it adds twice override\override into the path. Only solution I found working is to remove the overriding classes reset the module add them again reset the module, and then it works.

I tested this on prestashop 1.5.5 and 1.5.4 and I got the same result.

Has anyone the same problem?

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

Yes I have

modules/modulename/override/classes/Category.php

modules/modulename/override/classes/Link.php

And with the first install It's everything ok. They are install in root/override/classes

But during reinstall I get the above error and module is not install, and the classes in root/override/classes are still there. They are not removed or uninstall.

• 2 months later...

this is my code in the file ProductSupplier.php

<?php

class ProductSupplier extends ProductSupplierCore
{
    public static function getAllProductSupplierPrice($id_product, $id_product_attribute, $with_currency = false)
    {
            // build query
            $query = new DbQuery();
            $query->select('ps.product_supplier_price_te, s.name as supplier_name');
            if ($with_currency)
                            $query->select('ps.id_currency');
            $query->from('product_supplier', 'ps');
            $query->where('ps.id_product = '.(int)$id_product.' AND ps.id_product_attribute = '.(int)$id_product_attribute );
             $query->leftJoin('supplier', 's', 'ps.id_supplier = s.id_supplier');

if (!$with_currency)
                            return Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->getValue($query);

return Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->executeS($query);
    }

}

I am getting below error when I am trying to install below module

• - ILLICOPRESTA_P15_StockManagement : 

Unable to install override: The method getAllProductSupplierPrice in the class ProductSupplier is already overriden.

Urgent help will be appreciated..

the error is just as stated, and the module will need to be installed 'manually'.

there is already existing in your override/classes ProductSupplier.php

you will need to merge the function getAllProductSupplierPrice with the new override...

the error is just as stated, and the module will need to be installed 'manually'.

there is already existing in your override/classes ProductSupplier.php

you will need to merge the function getAllProductSupplierPrice with the new override...

So I uploaded the files via FTP, and still same thing is issue, I need to "install" it and when I do that I get the same error.. so question is how to I merge the function.. I believe if I merge the function, and than install the module it will work..