1.5.4.1 security issues

optizyme

Dear all,

I re-created my website on 1.5.4.1. I was using 1.4.6.2 and i upgraded due to security issues. When i install 1.5.4.1, Presta asked me about some permissions. I changed some directories and files permissions to 777. I searched some web sites and they advice 755 for directories and 644 for files.

I changed some directories to 755 and files to 644 but in back office, i got http 500 errors. I changed back to 777. Could you please help me about how i will setup the permissions? Also, will i have problems at back office?

After permissions, what should i do for the strongest security position? Are there any security check module?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Opti

@el patron : Thank you for your reply. I contacted my hosting company and they said i had problems because their php safe mode was on. They set to safe mode off. Now i start to change permissions. It again complained about smarty thing. I turned off cache checked it was ok. I again turned on, it seems ok now.

In Presta documents, directories shall be set to 775 and files 664. Is it safe 775/664 or should i set to 755/644?

Is there any security check module compatible with 1.5.x?

TIA

Opti

I use and recommend 755/644.

As for security module, not sure in the back office you can set back office-->preferences-->general

set "increase front office security to yes", I keeps your cookie from being upsurped.

most shops that have been hacked were hacked via ftp, so hide those credentials, and change password often

• 6 months later...

I use and recommend 755/644.

As for security module, not sure in the back office you can set back office-->preferences-->general

set "increase front office security to yes", I keeps your cookie from being upsurped.

most shops that have been hacked were hacked via ftp, so hide those credentials, and change password often

as a follow up on this, I created a module that alerts shop manager(s) when file changes including permissions have been made.  You can either accept the change or restore the file from the Vault.  I hope you like my work:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/303132-module-prestavault-malware-trojan-virus-protection/