Wrong tax amount showing on invoices

Hi. I sell a few items that are exempt from UK tax so they are listed without tax but then most of my items have normal tax on them. When someone buys either of these separately there is no problem with the invoice but when someone buys one or more of both taxed and non taxed items the invoice shows 0 tax even though there is tax there. The total is correct because the product line has the correct total including tax at the end of the line but the sub total box beneath doesn't show the correct sub total without tax, it has just added the above totals together. My computer guy has told me that the problem is in the following line:

<td class="totalbox"> {displayPrice price=$order[orders].price_breakdown.totalWithTax-$order[orders].price_breakdown.totalWithoutTax

currency=$order[orders].id_currency}</td>

There is a small amount of maths going on here (totalWithoutTax - totalWithTax)

= 0.00 Therefore we can deduce that (totalWithoutTax = totalWithTax) On inspection

totalWithoutTax is reporting the with tax figure hence, this is the shown on the

sub total and is also why the subtotal is incorrect.

This unfortunately doesn't mean anything to me as I don't understand computer programming but hopefully it will mean something to someone out there - can anyone see what the problem is?

Many thanks, Karen.