A monthly list for customers to add a set of products to cart

Gowtham

Hi frnds,

I want a list to be by default in every customer's my account page. i.e. a list of products most commonly used. They can change quantity, products and save the list again. They can create a new list and add their favored products. I tried the wishlist module and it didn't work for me. Is there any other module? If not Pl. guide me how to do it.

Awaiting reply soon,

Gowtham

Hi Gowtham,

Let's make clear first what you exactly need:

must it be products that that specific customer:

1) Viewed already in the past, but not necessarily bought?

2) Really bought already in the past?

3) Or can it any product that you, the seller, (manually) select as being the most interesting for customers (i.e. for all customer the same?)

Beginning with option 3:

Just a 'specials' category where you manually add some special products that you think are interesting for people doesn't work for you, right?

If I read your question right, you want something like a "suggested shopping cart" filled with those (option 1/2/3) products, where the customer can add quantities/delete products as wished. Question: Why does it have to add quantities, if it's just a list, not moved to the shopping cart yet? I can imaging the moment it really selects them for buying, that you add the quantities in the shopping cart. Please elaborate here a little.

This option will be quite some work, I'm afraid. This will probably some custom made module. I don't know of any module that does this.

Well, let's first make clear what you exactly want, before we suggest further.

pascal.

Hi pascal,

Thanks for your reply.

Let me explain it with a scenario. Our's is a grocery site. In our country we will buy some groceries like rice, oil, spices etc. every month as we use it daily for cooking. For example, a list may have rice, oil and spices like pepper as default. They can change the quantity and also add some new products according to their needs.

So I want 2 lists in my account of each user, so that they can have their choice in selecting like family list which has products used commonly in family and bachelor list which has commonly used products of bachelors.

Basically I want to minimize the work for customer. Instead of selecting the products one by one, They will select a list and change it accordingly. Some customers will not be happy with existing lists, so an option for them to create a new list.

I know this will be a little difficult. But I need this for sure and I think i can do it with the help of forum users.

Thanks,

Gowtham

Hi Gowtham,

You can use an extended version of "Product Pack" done by our friend Keuthce

Basically Keuthce developed a module of "product pack", where customer can remove any product from that pack, change the qty, select option.

http://keutche-dev.com/blog/2013/08/packs-items-removal-option/

I think this would be a good start to achieve your requirements.

• Like 1

Hi SWS,

Thanks for your reply. I tried again with the wishlist module and some how made it look good in my site.

The wishlist module has add to cart button for each product in the list and the products will be added to cart one by one.

I want all products of the list to be added to cart in one click.

Any suggestions ??

Thanks,

Gowtham

In that case you could imitate how Google analytics ecommerce tracking works, using javascript call to add the products to the cart.

As long as you have a reference (in this case its in your wishlist) that defines particular LIST-FAMILY has product1,product2, product3, you can do that javascript call to add the products to the cart.

It's actually kinda simulating (or faking) the user clicks of "add to cart" of all the products within that list.

Or another way to do it is to go to the controller and make some hack.

Good morning,

Perhaps what you want is a favourites shopping list, such as used by http://www.tesco.com/groceries/favourites/default.aspx

This saves the last 3 months products you have bought at the online store so when, you shop on line again, you can easily add all or

some of your favourite products to your cart.

I don't know how to do it but it may give helpers a better idea as to what you possibly want

Paul