Performance Speed Tuning 1.5.4.1

Firstly, I'm a speed freak.

I spent the last 2 days researching a lot how to get my site pop up instantly. Basically this is the equivilent of using http://www.webpagetest.org and checking the video. From the time you press play to the time the white page turns into your Prestashop store. I get about 4.5 sec but want to reduce it down to 2 sec or less. This gives the feeling of near instant load. Testing nodes are set to have it tested in the same country as I'm hosted (USA).

Let's put all those prestashop CCC, CDN stuff aside. Those are the very prestashop basic. What else can be optimized to get Prestashop to achieve the 2 sec REAL page start load time?

I'm on 2 cores with 1GB RAM. mysql query cache is at 512mb. Store has less than 500 products. The caching system (memcached, file system, etc) in Prestashop is still bugged so turning them on is useless and counter productive. My db query per page for most pages is about 600+ queries and 100+ queries for home page (standard Prestashop modules enabled and sql queries were not professionally tuned by experts yet). initContent load time average about 600-800ms.

Has anyone seen a Prestashop that can render in 2 secs or less? If so, how was it achieved? (Railgun, db query tuning, other advanced php cached, db on an ssd, using a Full Page Cache module by bELVG? Which would have the most obvious impact?)

Many of the bigger Shopify stores are our competitor and they load way faster at under 2 sec REAL page load (from white blank page to store reasonably loaded with enough content to start browsing).

Edited by Pressed0024 (see edit history)