Comments/review not allowing star selection (Quality) to work?

We picked up the new template from PrestaShop for $170 and was built for the newest version. For this much money and purchase through PrestaShop, I hope we have a better answer than this. I have submitted to the developer this link as well.

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/fashion/7133-flex-black-red-responsive.html

Edited by acmetcetera (see edit history)

It does work with the default theme. I figured that much so, but understand the question better as you are checking to see if it is a configuration problem initially?

So with that said, how should I go about handling this as this is a PrestaShop product and I would assume all default features are tested before releasing a fairly pricey product. I do have a programming background but very new to Smarty and PrestaShop, so I don't want to hack the files up without consulting with the experts.

This template did require changes to get the images to work properly, I was hoping this would be the case and maybe get at why the template was not already configured out the box on an unaltered PrestaShop.

I want to add, the review works, it is just the star rating is broken. I would even consider disabling that if possible. Also, sorry if I am coming across like a jerk, it is just that this template is driving me crazy as I purchased believing it would save me some time so I can focus on other aspects of the project.

• 2 years later...

Dear experts,

I am having a problem with the default Prestashop product comment module.

As attached in the pictures,

when the star is in the middle - the rating is 3/5

when I hover my house to other stars (not clicking), the stars go bright even without me clicking it

when all stars are bright(or clicked) - the rating is actually  1/5

To get 5/5, one should leave the first star blank...

Yes, it is very confusing and not user-friendly.

Is it a bug? or only I am having such issues.

Is it possible to set it like, first two stars bright = 2/5 ; all stars bright = 5/5 etc?

I would really appreciate your kind assistance. :(

post-1085094-0-89860500-1445658510_thumb.png

post-1085094-0-06732800-1445658513_thumb.png

Could you share the site's url?

Hello Nemo1 ;) Thanks for your kind assistance. I have watched all your tutorials from day 1 to day 11 before I started Prestashop! Love you so much. thanks a lot for your contribution to this community!!

Here you go Worthee Cosmetics - the ratings in "write a review" is problematic. Any idea how to remove the irritating "stop" sign beside Quality too :(?

Edited by qaphsiel (see edit history)

Thank you very much for your response Nemo1 :)

Tried disabling livechatpro , but the issue remains. 

PrestaShop version: 1.6.1.1

Live Chat Pro v5.0.0 - by ProQuality 

Product Comments v3.5.1 - by PrestaShop

Please let me know if you still need further information from me. I am really grateful for your willingness to help. 

You have a great day Nemo1 :)

I just checked my local 1.6.1.1, I even updated the module. It's a prestabug, uniform.js conflicts with the module. I can't believe such a bug is left on the release

Oh, what a shame :( I shall wait for the update to get it removed then? 

Meanwhile, is there any review module you would recommend ? I tried YotPo Social Reviews  but it is slowing down my website.

Thanks a million again for your reply Nemo1. 

xoxo

Yeah or you can fiddle a bit with the code and try overriding the coded uniform.js is adding. I am not aware of any good module honestly :(

Nah, am dumb in coding >.< No problem Nemo1. My sincerest thanks for figuring out the issue, on behalf of all of those facing the same problem and looking at this post!

You have a great day there, take care. :)

• Like 1