[Solved] DELETE button gone missing on cart page

I was customising the shopping cart summary on the checkout page (i use opc) and I just realised that the 'DELETE' button for each product line has disappeared. When I look in firebug, the <div> </div> is empty, even though the code is where it should be in theme/shopping-cart.tpl. I have restored the original file but even then the DELETE button is missing.

How can I find out what is causing this?

The site is www.duratex.co.uk. Try adding a product to the cart and go to the checkout and look at the cart summary at the top of the page. The DELETE button should appear between the QTY and SUB-TOTAL fields.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

(edit: I am using prestashop 1.5.4.1 with the default theme)

Edited by duratex (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

I'm encountering the same issue in chrome. Clearing cookies makes the delete link show again. That's still no real solution to the issue, why should cookies hide the delete button, and why is only chrome affected, other webkit browsers like safari doesn't have the same issue?

I'm encountering the same issue in chrome. Clearing cookies makes the delete link show again. That's still no real solution to the issue, why should cookies hide the delete button, and why is only chrome affected, other webkit browsers like safari doesn't have the same issue?

can you please share url to your website? i will inspect it

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, 

I'm having the same issue. Website is down for maintenance at the moment but am having to clear my cookies every time I want to view the "add to cart" button on my front end. 

The button reappears after clearing the cookies but this is not a long term solution to the problem, I fear we will miss a lot of sales because of this issue and customers thinking the item is sold out. 

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

your problem is related to product page? category pages? maybe homefeatured module?

shed some more light on this case please.

Hi there, 

Thanks for your response. My problem is related to my category pages and my product pages. 

The error seems confined to Chrome, also, as I cannot reproduce it in IE or Firefox. 

Basically what is happening is every few times I view my category pages or product pages, the "add to cart" option will be missing, as if it never existed. Once I clear my cache once or twice, the add to cart button reappears on both the categories page and the product pages. I can't attach screenshots as the "add to cart" button has been visible to me for the whole day. 

I'm hoping somebody can has experienced the same issue and can help me as it is doing my head in. 

Thanks very much. 

It just happened again. First screen shot is how it's supposed to look and second is how it looks until I repeatedly clear my cache. 

The same thing is happening on my category pages. 

I have also just noticed I'm receiving errors when I try to check out until I clear my cache. 

http://imgur.com/PUfxwDy

http://imgur.com/gIO52nf

http://imgur.com/PxUoPXF

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the same problem with chrome, I can't see the delete product -icon in the Shopping Cart Summary -page. The products can be deleted by changing the quantity to zero, but I really can't expect customers to realize that....has anybody been able find a solution for this?

• 5 months later...

I'm experiencing this issue with missing "Delete product from cart" button on Firefox as well. I'm voting for this to be reopened as clearing cache and removing cookies is no long term solution. This needs to be solved properly by preventing the weird behavior.

When I use FireBug on the Network tab, the page loads much slower and I can see, that for the most of the load time the button is actually there and only gets removed near to the end of load time, perhaps by some js ... I don't have the knowledge to investigate further, but someone can look into it.

Edited by Dest (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...