Cannot change product name in back office?

Hi There,

When i create a duplicate product, I can change the parameters fine - including product name - and all appears fine on front of website.

Problem is, the product name in the back office 'Catalog> Products' is exactly the same as the product it was duplicated from (and I cannot change it)

Any ideas very welcome...

Further to this - The same is happening on 'Categories'. I edit a category name, but in the list it is still showing 'ipod' (the original name). When i click into edit, the name has actually changed (it is just not displaying as such in 'Catalog > Categories')

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same problem. I am using back office in a different language than front office, in this case back office english and front office X.

So when I create product for language X, it copies the name to all available languages, but when I am editing the name, I am only editing language X so back office shows me the original name. When I edit english name of the product, then everything looks ok.

Hope this helped.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Same problem here with Prestashop 1.5.6.2. I ensured that the Product name is the same in the three languages I use in my site. Also the SEO, friendly url, everything is modified to the new product name, but in the back office product list, the name is the same as in the original item.

It's really annoying specially because I'm using the advanced warehouse features and it's a big mess when I want to check the stock status and everything shows the original product name, so I'm never sure which one is the right one. I've done it many other times with almost all my products without a problem, but the last two I created have this problem. Any idea?

UPDATE: When checking the database directly, I see that the nvbb_product_lang table stores the name, rewrite, descriptions, etc, for each product and each language, associating it with a id_product. Well, I can see in the last two items, how the table has duplicated names for the same id_product: one is the information from the item just after duplication, and another with the correct information.

And I discovered that the problem is caused because I previously used the multisite feature, and then merged everything into one single shop: when I create a duplicated and modify it's name, description, content, SEO, etc, it's only modified into one of the id_shop, not in all of them. So if I delete the duplicated content from the table for the old multishops, and then edit the id_shop to 1 in the correct row, it fixes and displays the data correctly, so I guess this could be considered a bug, isn't it? Once a multisite is disabled, all product data should be modified equally to all the shops inside the Prestashop database tables.

Edited by Almarma (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi there, speaking of this, I have the same issue. I use csv import, I define other language fie (romanian) when importing, but when I edit the product names in backpanel product list, they stay as original (as imported). Problem is, that I must make a romanian site, but I hate romanian translation for backpanel, so I perfer using the english backpanel.

Speaking of which: is there a way to completely disable english from front panel and disable any other languare from backpanel in the same time? Couse I had to redirect my domain to www.mydomain.ro to www.mydomain.ro/ro to disable default front panel english language (also disabled language selection possibility), but i`d be more happy to have the main adress without the /ro. Is there a way? Thank you.

Edited by Salus (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Hi there, speaking of this, I have the same issue. I use csv import, I define other language fie (romanian) when importing, but when I edit the product names in backpanel product list, they stay as original (as imported). Problem is, that I must make a romanian site, but I hate romanian translation for backpanel, so I perfer using the english backpanel.

Speaking of which: is there a way to completely disable english from front panel and disable any other languare from backpanel in the same time? Couse I had to redirect my domain to www.mydomain.ro to www.mydomain.ro/ro to disable default front panel english language (also disabled language selection possibility), but i`d be more happy to have the main adress without the /ro. Is there a way? Thank you.

Hi Salus

I understand that you want english in back office and romanian in front office. If so you can change the BO language back to english in administration, employees then edit your user default language to english.

If you just want romanian in front office, disable english language in localization / languages, leave only romanian available adn also change the default language in romanian in localization/ localization. Hope this helps.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have same issue, I uploaded products via CSV, the name and the others can be changed except the price. I just find another way to change the price: setting a specific price on that product. 

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Solved: problem changing the name of a product on the admin page
The thread seems to cover two problems but it turns out that for me they were both the same.
My profile was set to English EN, but most of the site is set to EN-gb. 
I could change the name of the product, but the title on the admin page would remain unchanged.
This was tricky if I wanted to duplicate a product in order to duplicate some set of attributes.

work around
I followed the suggestions of changing the product's language back to EN, then changing the name, then to EN-gb, and making the same change again. It worked as a slow work-around.

better solution: match your admin>employee profile language with the rest of the site
I followed the suggestion of changing my admin>employees profile to match the language of the rest of the site and this worked better still; a first experiment in changing a product name just works as expected first time with no tinkering or work-around. I haven't tested this much yet but hope for the best.

(I am also the site owner so the quick link on the top right of the admin screen would let me change my profile language as well.)

Hi Salus

I understand that you want english in back office and romanian in front office. If so you can change the BO language back to english in administration, employees then edit your user default language to english.

If you just want romanian in front office, disable english language in localization / languages, leave only romanian available adn also change the default language in romanian in localization/ localization. Hope this helps.

Edited by veganline (see edit history)