Changing Multiple Products

hello

what you exactly want to change? if tax group you can do it with one simple query

for all products

update ps_product set id_tax_rules_group=2

where 2 is and ID of tax group

I'm very very new to this, and have no idea what the above means???

Hi Stuellis,

What Vekia suggested is you use SQL to change directly in your DB.

Else, learn about products CSV import if don't master it.

(http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Understanding+The+Advanced+Parameters#UnderstandingTheAdvancedParameters-CSVImport)

Then, export your products, keep 3 columns (ID, Name and Tax), change Tax and import back specifying "Force all ID's ..."

Cheers

• Like 1

I'm very very new to this, and have no idea what the above means???

code that i pasted is an sql query. sql queries is a part of the mysql databases systems.

you can run this query in the database manager software. By default, many hosters allow to use database manager, usually it is PHPmyadmin, so my questions is: have you got an access to it?

• 2 months later...

I used phpmysqladmin to update the product file, like this....

update disstore_product set id_tax_rules_group=54

where 54 is the ID of tax group 

I had changed some of the products manually. When I go back into these products they show my rule for tax. When I go into products that I hadn't manually updated, they still say 'No Tax' for the tax rule in the pricing tab. Looking at the product file in phpadmin, I can see they've been changed to my rule number.

Is there another flag that needs to be flipped for these records, to get the catalog to be able to see my tax rule is in effect?

update -- It looks like items with prices in them have the tax rule updated on the screen, items with no price don't. We have a lot of items in our catalog (800+), and we need to price or re-price most of them. It would be handy if the tax rule was selected correctly for these - to eliminate possible entry errors.

If you click save after selecting the tax rule on the screen, it displays properly - even if no price is entered. I wonder if this is a bug - though one that doesn't bother many people.

Edited by willygsd (see edit history)

• 8 months later...

In case you need in bulk to change price, tax group, quantity, status, assign products to categories, it is possible in bulk with Store Manager for Prestashop. It has built-in tool for making mass changes for big amount of products. Here is the article that explains how it works - http://www.prestashopmanager.com/useful-articles/how-to/how-to-make-mass-product-changes/ Using this tool there is no need to export/import the data or use sql query.
There is 4-week free version of Store Manager for Prestashop. You can download it here - http://addons.prestashop.com/en/administration-tools-prestashop-modules/2937-store-manager-for-prestashop.html

• 3 years later...

For those who are absolutely new in programing.
HOW TO UPDATE TAX RULE FOR ALL PRODUCTS

1. In prestashop admin panel go to Localisation > Tax Rules Group (module AdminTaxRulesGroup)
Look what is Tax group id that You want to use for Your eshop items.

2. Log in to PhpMyAdmin
Select database of Your prestashop.
Press EXPORT button and press OK - do the backup just in case something will go wrong...
Press on top button SQL
In SQL query paste this "UPDATE ps_product SET id_tax_rules_group = 1 WHERE id_tax_rules_group = 0" where number 1 is Your Tax Rules Group that You looke before, 0 is Your old tac rule group (by the default is 0).
After this query please press again SQL and proceed another line "UPDATE ps_product_shop SET id_tax_rules_group = 1 WHERE id_tax_rules_group = 0" which the same numbers of IDs.

That's it.

Edited by Inter Svetainė (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 8/17/2013 at 11:21 PM, vekia said:

hello

what you exactly want to change? if tax group you can do it with one simple query

for all products

update ps_product set id_tax_rules_group=2

where 2 is and ID of tax group

Where do we modify this?

Using fileziilla is ok? pretty newb am i.