[solved] Charging a one off fee for a customers first order

Hello,

I am building a PrestaShop (1.5.4) site for a region specific fruit and veg delivery business.

Is there a way in PrestaShop to somehow automatically charge a one off fee for the first order from a customer (eg $5 to cover the cost of the foam box that the produce is delivered in)? And then for every order that a "paid" customer places in the future, they are not charged the $5 extra?

I guess almost like a one off handling fee for new customers - that no longer applies when they have made at least one order.

(Or alternatively a product ($5 Foam box deposit) that gets automatically added only to the first order of a customer.)

It would be nice to have the $5 appear in the cart as "Foam box deposit" or something like that.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by sunnyb0y (see edit history)

I think a little custom programming must be made. Maybe it's worth build a general purpose module (if it's not created yet..) for those requirements .

You'll need to keep the info (boolean yes/no) in the customers table, a field as simple as "firstFeePaid".

Into another "place" (Such as a module value) you need to keep the "First fee deposit" value, if it's a general module the translated texts of the "item" added, maybe some image. In general you could think as this first fee as a special product that is added for some customers and can not be removed from the cart, but this product has to be invisible to find (with the visibility selector in products admin area).

So in the module you can choose this special product and then you save some work (no need to keep the "First fee deposit").

Then you need to keep this "special product" irremovable during the checkout and finally when the order has been paid save the "firstFeePaid" into the customers table, for further orders not to be charged.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...