Remove date from Google serp's

Hi all

Does anyone know how to get rid of the date in the SERP.

post-381543-0-27747500-1376460591_thumb.png

Actually whenever i update existing products or add new a new products then in the Google serp a date stamp comes within the description field. Actually google uses it for the news and blog site as my site prestashop site is not either of these things. its an online store. So i don't want the date in it. Its useless just occupying the important 150- 160 characters. Which is a must for high ctr.

I guess there is some kind of date function which help google to index the publishing date.

So anyone having any solutions for this

google serps are based on your query, you can find there query + nearest texts usually.

You can prevent it to display "random" content by setting up the meta description tag. But in this case you have to do it for each page in your store.

No the timestamp is not based upon the query , it shows everywhere like from broad match to exact match queries. It just a useless thing.

And what did mean by the "setting up the meta description tag"

Can u please explain a bit.?

• 1 year later...

this is a common problem that occured after the first google panda update, there is a plugin for wordpress sites to fix this but none for prestashop it seems.

can anyone think of a solution to exclude the date stamp from the SERP snippet?

thanks for any thoughts

Edited by mowax (see edit history)