product image not shown

Hi

I can't see the product image on my home page.

It is visible on the 'create new product - image' back office, but is not there when I check the site.

The image is a jpg made of 2 layers (background & image). I wanted to set up the image in an image background display box & not just 'another pic of a jersey'!

Is there a problem with layers?

Prestashop resizes the images.... correct? so its not that it is too big?

Thanks for any ideas / assistance

Poly

Hi Vekia

Thank you for checking this out.

I'm using the default prestashop template on version 1.5.4.0

It is strange that the photo image jpg is there in the back office but not on the home page.

My site is not live but if advise me how to give access I will arrange it if required.

I just asked Presto changeo to look into a missing module 'product accessories' which is installed but not shown on the home page? A different issue but maybe a connection between the 2 problems?

I appreciate your help.

Poly

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I upgraded to the 1.6 responsive theme. My product images are not showing on the live site, but they are showing on the back end. However If I deactivate friendly urls, they work fine, but when I turn on friendly urls (which i would prefer to have) the product images disappear and are replaced with a ?... (Even after regenerating thumbnails)

So what can I do to get the images to work??? really frustrated at this point...

• 11 months later...

Yes, I got the same error when I upgrade from 1.6.0.9 to 1.6.0.14. I'm using default template.

p.s. I was using friendly URL

I tried to regenerate thumbnail but got gateway timeout all the time and I believe the process has not completed. Would this clause the problem ?!

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

i have problem when a customer is in his account-some product images are not vissible.

And when he signs out images are vissible.

please help me.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have this issue but I remember there is option in Watermark....login customer can see image without watermark ?! Would this cause your problem if watermark jpg are missing !?

Hope this helps !

I don't have this issue but I remember there is option in Watermark....login customer can see image without watermark ?! Would this cause your problem if watermark jpg are missing !?

Hope this helps !

Maybe this might be the problem now i enable that option to no.

But when i regenerate the images it shows a proxy error

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request 

Reason: Error reading from remote server

please help me 

thanks in advance

Maybe this might be the problem now i enable that option to no.

But when i regenerate the images it shows a proxy error

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request 

Reason: Error reading from remote server

please help me 

thanks in advance

Which version of Prestashop you are using ?!

In standard Prestashop, the regeneration is crazy. I always got timeout (p.s. I have 800+ products)  .... when regenerate.  How many products do you have ?! You may consider to generate one types in each round instead of ALL.

I found another way, you can regenerate the image by batch...

Thread #9 of https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/436568-upgrading-155-to-16014-original-image-image-is-missing-or-empty/?do=findComment&comment=2029278

or  (I can find the original thread, it was in this forum

in classes/Image.php
public static function getAllImages()
adding a line  in Select statement

WHERE `id_product` = > 1 and `id_product` = < 10

When you generate ALL (image) again, the WHERE clause above will handle those products meeting condition.
For me, i generate them by 5 to 10 products, note that each product may have multiple images... It also depends on your server performance ...

Hope this helps ...

Hope this helps !

Thank you  :)

option in watermark was the problem.Now when i login as a customer all images are visible.

changed login customer can see image without watermark ->no

Edited by kishoreunni (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...