[SOLVED]COD not working nor available in checkout - Prestashop 1.5.4.1

I would like to give the user option to choose one payment option i.e. Bank Wire or COD but during checkout on the last step (5 step checkout) the only option visible/available is Bank Wire.

I have checked and re-checked the settings in BO but unable to understand what I am missing.

Screenshots attached.

Please help....

Also I would like to change the title for COD module to read 'Delivery after Payment'.

Please provide steps on how to modify/change the title.

Thanks.

post-572356-0-76116100-1376006056_thumb.png

post-572356-0-36772200-1376006339_thumb.png

Hi V-5,

check also a little down in Modules->Payments, if there are any limitations set on when the payment option can be used for any country (customers with addresses from this or that country.) (Don't forget to press each time you make changes the Save restrictions buttons DIRECTLY under that subgroup. One button doesn't save all three groups (Currency, groups, countries!), just the one under which it is shown. Confusing? Yes... :-[

Did you set up the zones/countries/carriers correctly?

My 2 cents,

pascal

For me, the COD option disappeared suddenly. Most probably due to some accidental stuff. Tried many ways to figure out what went wrong.

In the end, I decided to reset the module and it is working now! You may want to try resetting too.

Cheers.

Thanks for the tip.

Resetting the COD module worked.

I also simply tried to RESET and the COD module started working.

You can do it in the module .php file or just translate it in the back office > localization > translations

from first drop down select "modules translations" click on flag and search for fields related to the module.

you can change any translation you want - in this case also "Cash on delivery"

Nice work all,

I'll mark this as solved. :-)

V-5, COD (Cash ON Delivery) you want to translate as Delivery AFTER payment? Doesn't this then come back to Bank wire, where they first pay, then you deliver? Just curious why you want to change to that text...

pascal

You can do it in the module .php file or just translate it in the back office > localization > translations

from first drop down select "modules translations" click on flag and search for fields related to the module.

you can change any translation you want - in this case also "Cash on delivery"

I tried to do the module translation as mentioned by you but I get the following error:

Warning! Your PHP configuration limits the maximum number of fields allowed in a form:

1000 for max_input_vars.

Please ask your hosting provider to increase the this limit to 12174 at least or edit the translation file manually.

Thanks for the tip.

Resetting the COD module worked.

I also simply tried to RESET and the COD module started working.

Hi All,

Please note the bug is still inherent in the COD module as long as there is a button to RESET. So it does not mean that once you reset, the problem of COD not appearing will never happen again. It may come back!

I suggest you check if the COD function is working properly whenever you make some payment- or currency-related changes. It is always much better for the merchant to know the problem first before the customer does. :)

Cheers.

Edited by Jim McGill (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I've tired resetting COD module - overwrite the module folder with beta version of same website (COD is working there) but COD doesn't appear in checkout. I also checked all settings and preferences as in beta but it didn't work. I am using prestashop 1.61.3

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with 1.5.3.1 Prestashop, I've checked restrictions, reset the module of COD, but it is still not working. Shows only the payment method by bank wire and other wire payment method. I don't know what more can i do, that the COD method could be available for clients. I can not change prestashop version. COD version is 0.4, should I uninstall and install newer version?

Website is www.e-autoservisams.lt

post-1049966-0-20309200-1458549127_thumb.jpg

Hi Team,

Cash on delivery module is missing in payment module, could you check y it not there just within a gap of minutes, i am so dis satisfy with this , when people purchasing premium module then you guys started removing free module , Nor it means i have to buy COD module also , very irrelevant, this will be forced to move me to any other platform if u do like this . i want explanation ASAP, and add COD module then in addon page

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, 
I have PrestaShop v. 1.6.1.6.

Decided to enable COD module. COD does not appear on the front-end as payment option. Tried to reset it and re-install, nothing changed.

Default currency of my shop is EUR. I don't know why but in the "EUR" line in currencies under COD there is no check mark. Under COD is displayed symbol "--" and it cannot be changed. Checked if it is possible to edit when editing currency. No such a possibility. 

Does someone knows how COD module can be forced to work?
Thanks!

Juras
sxshop.eu

• 2 years later...
On 11/15/2016 at 12:52 PM, Juras said:

Hi, 
I have PrestaShop v. 1.6.1.6.

Decided to enable COD module. COD does not appear on the front-end as payment option. Tried to reset it and re-install, nothing changed.

Default currency of my shop is EUR. I don't know why but in the "EUR" line in currencies under COD there is no check mark. Under COD is displayed symbol "--" and it cannot be changed. Checked if it is possible to edit when editing currency. No such a possibility. 

Does someone knows how COD module can be forced to work?
Thanks!

Juras
sxshop.eu

Hello, 

exactly the same happened to me, under EUR line in currency only a "-" is displayed and no checkmark. Looking for an answer I came upon this post from so long ago.. did you find a solution for this and, if so, do you still remember what the problem was?

Thank you in advance

image.thumb.png.be2c2983c4dd7f920378138b6698806b.png