Pre-order system

Hi, there a couple ways you can do this,

1) You can set the product as Out of Stock, use the Module "Mail Alerts" to give the customer the option of getting a notification when the product is in stock. Then they can Pay.

2) You can use the module Pre-Order and Waiting List and allow customers to add the product to a waiting list. http://module-presta.com/preorder-and-waiting-list.html

Both of these are viable options, but you need to warn the customer on your product page that (I assume) the products have limited availability and to order it soon.

It's actually much easier if you allow your customers to pay for the product on the condition that you will ship the item once it is received.

1) You can set the product as Out of Stock, use the Module "Mail Alerts" to give the customer the option of getting a notification when the product is in stock. Then they can Pay.

2) You can use the module Pre-Order and Waiting List and allow customers to add the product to a waiting list. http://module-presta...iting-list.html

Both of these are viable options, but you need to warn the customer on your product page that (I assume) the products have limited availability and to order it soon.

It's actually much easier if you allow your customers to pay for the product on the condition that you will ship the item once it is received.

Problem is all my competitors let customers preorder and then pay when the product is released. Can this module do this? I want them to actually be able to order it like normal, just leaving the paying till later like most online stores do. Not just set up a waitlist which will contact them when its in stock.

Hey! that is totally fine. Okay, how do you want the customer to know when they should pay after they order?

I'd like them to recieve an email telling them that there product is now instock and that they can pay. Either provide them with a link to where they can pay or tell them to log into their account where they can pay.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I need this 2!!!

My problem is as follow:

There are customers (B2B) that want´s to pre-order products, but I don´t want this order to subtract the items available in stock today...

Example: Today we have 45 fishing poles in stock. One client wants to buy fishing poles, but want them delivered in july...

If I let them place an order today, they will "bind up" the once in stock today, even if I know that more will come into stock in june....

See the problem here? If anybody else want´s to buy them NOW, there are no fishing poles in stock even if the one´s that the first client added to their order just r lying and gathering dust in stock....and cost the company a lot of money...

So I need hell with this urgently!!!

Thx

DD

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

2) You can use the module Pre-Order and Waiting List and allow customers to add the product to a waiting list. http://module-presta.com/preorder-and-waiting-list.html

hi Ben

i hope you are fine. prestashop need a preorder system.prestashop allows to order out of stocks but button is not being preorder button on front office.

i bought preorder module from addons.but they have to modificate the cart.php allways.so all settings and modifications are being removed after prestashop update. if i request support from module developer.they fixing it by longtime,and all that process are repeating everytime.its borring.

i request from you add preorder function to prestashop soon.please share it with relevant department in prestashop.

Thank you!

Regards

Ps3z 

Edited by ps3z (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Hi 

I bought one PREORDER module too and it is not as good as it said or as what i expected. 

I FULLY agree that PS should develop a PREORDER module which can work well with any payment method. Thanks.

• Like 3

Hi 

I bought one PREORDER module too and it is not as good as it said or as what i expected. 

I FULLY agree that PS should develop a PREORDER module which can work well with any payment method. Thanks.

i found solution for preorder. 

add new field as preorder in statues.

Product Page:

1)set the quantity 0

2)allow for back order.

3)set the date for stock

4)type PREORDER to text area...

thats all.

Hi ps3z,

Thanks for sharing! I came across this idea before and unfortunately that is far less enough!! The customer want the estimated restock date on order history and order confirmation email! More importantly, you need those info order detail page on BO and when restock, the orser status will change from preorder to preparation so that you know how many orders are ready to be fullfilled!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been trying to find a solution and maybe I came up with a solution good for both customer and shop owner

Just on soldout (if product is allowed to sell on soldout) warn customer at checkout that this order is a "we'll ship it when we got it" order. for that reason we give a bit discount, but only if customer accept that order might be cancelled and we will inform customer with a daily status update by email.

I allready have a smart automatic order handling system (which I build myself), which can send the daily mail untill its back in stock in right amount, then it can send a message that product is now in stock (in right amount) and we'll send it asap. and then order is treated like all other orders (automatically off course ;) )
How do you like this ?

• 7 months later...

I have been trying to find a solution and maybe I came up with a solution good for both customer and shop owner

Just on soldout (if product is allowed to sell on soldout) warn customer at checkout that this order is a "we'll ship it when we got it" order. for that reason we give a bit discount, but only if customer accept that order might be cancelled and we will inform customer with a daily status update by email.

I allready have a smart automatic order handling system (which I build myself), which can send the daily mail untill its back in stock in right amount, then it can send a message that product is now in stock (in right amount) and we'll send it asap. and then order is treated like all other orders (automatically off course ;) )

How do you like this ?

How did you do this? Please share the code :)

• 2 weeks later...