How to add h1, h2, h3 tags to prestashop

cyberwala

Hello, Cyberwala.

Editorial module adds all these tags in your homepage. h1 is in title field and h2 is in subtitle field.

You can edit your tpl files to add tags there too (product.tpl, footer.tpl, header.tpl, homefeatured.tpl, etc.).

H1 must point to your page title. Remember you must have only one h1 tag per page. The higher the h1 tag is set the better. If you havent got editorial module, you can add your h1 tag in header.tpl.

H2 tag is an element similiar to h1, which indicates important titles for "sub-sections" in your present web document. Too many h2 tags isnt very good either (2-8). Featured products can work as h2 tags in your homepage.

For example, in a product page, product description can work as h3 tag. I have h3 tags in my footer too.

I can see the h1 tag in www.cyberwala.com is <h1>IBM System x3100 M4 Server Offer</h1> Your page gets this tag from your advertising module.

www.riocart.com hasn't got h1.

I hope this will help you.

Sorry for my bad english. ;)

Best regards.

Edited by Verito (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The title of your content of site is in H1 tag by default. Add 2 or 3 paragraph content on your home page and add H1, H2, H3 respectively for each paragraph. It will be also important for getting high rank on SERP.

Yes and no. By spaming text with h-tags 1-3 you will get a penalty... SERPS don't like spam-methods, too. So distribute h-tags very carefully and do not spam.

The default functions Prestashop give you (I mean incl. default template) is enough for you to get good SEO. There is no need to add nothing and use the function with brain...

Edited by selectshop.at (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...