Problem with Paypal Configuration

peoplej.com

I have been trying to configure Paypal for my website, however both Paypal 1.2.1 & 3.5.5 didn't work after I input everything on the API settings, please help!

Errors show as follows:

Paypal 1.2.1

* Your Paypal API crendentials are not valid, please double-check their values or contact PayPal.

Secure payment

Our secure payment

With SSL

Using Visa/Mastercard/Paypal

Paypal 3.5.5

Internal fatal error 3.5.5

Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Edited by peoplej.com (see edit history)

Since you are in the USA you should try the 1.2.1. . You can download it here, http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/8277-paypalusa.html

Make sure to always have a confirmed backup of your database and PrestaShop files and then you should delete the existing PayPal module from your website, and install this version via the back office>Modules>Add new Module.

API Access

An API (Application Programming Interface) allows PayPal software to communicate with your online store or shopping cart.

Setting up API permissions and credentials

Choose one of the following options to integrate your PayPal payment solution with your online store or shopping cart.

Option 1 - Grant API permissions to a third party to use certain PayPal APIs on your behalf.

Choose this option if:

• You are using a pre-integrated shopping cart, hosted by a third party
  • Your website is hosted and managed by a third-party service provider

Grant API permission

Option 2 - Request API credentials to create your own API username and password.

This option applies to:

• Custom websites and online stores
  • Pre-integrated shopping carts running on your own server

View API Signature

Accept payments from your online stores before setting up APIs

Enable Express Checkout to accept payments from your online stores right away. You can set up API permissions or credentials later.

Questions?

If you're not sure about setting up APIs, ask your shopping cart provider or website developer. Learn more about PayPal API concepts and terminology.

>>> which option should l use since I tried option 2 but the API signature I input to the configuration didn't work?

>>> if use option 1 i need the "Third Party Permission Username" yet where do i find this username?

Wanted and was trying to setup paypal payments standard and PayPal Express Checkout:

Input all in API settings but not working and it shows:

Your Paypal API crendentials are not valid, please double-check their values or contact PayPal.

yet called paypal and they said it's not their problem? So what to do now?

hi Benjamin You said UK also needs a different module but I can only find Europe specific and USA modules...

I updated PayPal in the back office to 3.5.7 and now it doesn't work correctly. I get a the same error message as above.

Which one should I use? For now, I'm just rolling back to the earlier version to try and get it working again.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi peoplej, if you live

Hi - which module do I require to use Paypal from a shop in UK?

Thanks

Use the PayPal Europe 3.5.8, http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/1748-paypal.html . It is only available for Express checkout.

Hi Benjamin,

I need the "third party username" from Prestashop I believe to get the API from PayPal...

Can u let me know what is the username?

Thanks!

Hi peoplej.com can you show me the configuration screen that you are talking about, screenshots would help. Usually when you ask for new API credentials from PayPal you will be able to complete the configurations.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem and I don't believe its due to the version, I just installed PrestaShop 1.5.5 and the PayPal 1.2.5 comes with it already.  I am configuring PayPal Advanced and get this error on the Advanced Settings

Your PayPal Manager Configuration crendentials are not valid, please double-check their values or contact PayPal.

Please help!

I tried the same thing yesterday after reading that you need to install both PayPal Advanced and a PayFlow Gateway.  I also reread an email that I would need to wait a day to be approved for the PayPal Advanced and would receive an email when I was but haven't yet received anything.  They said I would get it in 24 hours which was Thursday.  Not impressed with this whole experience.

Hello all, you may need different Credentials for PayPal PayFlow/Advacned and PayPal Standard. 

This is only for PayPal USA 1.2.5 for USA, Mexico and Canada. 

Please let me know if you are having trouble with this module and report any suspected bugs to the forge at forge.prestashop.com . Let me know of the reports and we will take a look. Thank you!

I am having the same problem and I don't believe its due to the version, I just installed PrestaShop 1.5.5 and the PayPal 1.2.5 comes with it already.  I am configuring PayPal Advanced and get this error on the Advanced Settings

Your PayPal Manager Configuration crendentials are not valid, please double-check their values or contact PayPal.

Please help!

i get the same thing when trying to configure paypal advanced. Interestingly though, if I switch to payflow it accepts the credentials. Still tells me i don't have a payment module installed at checkout, but it does accept the credentials.

I tried the same thing yesterday after reading that you need to install both PayPal Advanced and a PayFlow Gateway.  I also reread an email that I would need to wait a day to be approved for the PayPal Advanced and would receive an email when I was but haven't yet received anything.  They said I would get it in 24 hours which was Thursday.  Not impressed with this whole experience.

Hi -

I experienced something similar and the Prestashop is not entirely clear on the set up for Paypal Advanced.  After spending upwards of an hour on the phone with the Paypal support folks, here is what I had to do:

#1a - in Paypal manager, you have to create a user.  I thought my own name was a user since it seems to be listed that way.  Nope.  Prestashop wants a real user.  So I had to create a user, with my information, and then I was able to login and avoid the error @stevierayhall reported.

#1b - then you take that name of the user and insert it the required field in the Prestashop Paypal module and you get a green light.

#2 - in the Prestashop Paypal module, you have to uncheck the Paypal Standard.  Prestashop doesn't tell you that but the Paypal folks told me that I couldn't have all the fields filled in for both standard and advanced.  So I asked how I would undo the standard and they said to simply delete all the fields under the standard and hit save. 

#3 - about the approval process: Paypal folks told me it would take 48 hours to get approved.  I got a message about 2.5 days after submitting the application which I did live with the tech support folks.  It takes time. 

I hope that helps.

Brian

Edited by surferboy (see edit history)

Benjamin, please see http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-10379

Brian,

I have a manager userid. This was previously working. Am I understanding you correctly, do I need to delete all the info in the api portion of the PayPal config?

yes, that is what I had to do.  So If you were in front of my computer right now and clicked on Modules -> Payment and clicked on Paypal USA ->configure/submit, and on the Paypal page of the module scroll all the way down and delete everything in the fields in the left box, the one that says Paypal API Settings, and then click the Save Settings below. 

That's what the Paypal support folks told me to do. They said I could not have Paypal manager/advanced and the paypal api settings both enabled at the same time. 

@Brian - how did you disable PayPal standard? I keep clearing the fields in the api box, and it keeps repopulating the name and api name, even after an uninstall and reinstall.

Now that I don't know.  I had added the Paypal Standard fields, and saved them, then filled in the Paypal Advanced fields and saved them and went through the issues you had. After I was on the phone with the Paypal folks, they just told me to delete the fields.  So  I did and it worked.  Maybe do that smarty cache clear thing?

You're not going to believe this... I was using a "$" in the password for my paypal manager account, and that was what prevented it from connecting to paypal... I remembered that I couldn't use a "$" in my prestashop admin password and just tried removing it from the manager password because nothing else was working and it let me click some buttons while I thought about what really needed done, and boom! everything worked.

Thanks to all for the help, I guess we can add do you have a "$" in your manager password to the list of things to check... ;)

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, I'm not having a lot of luck.  Although everything is configured correctly, I have hit a dead end in making my paypal actually work.

Last night, with the paypal manager set at live and the prestashop module set at live, I purchased a $2 item from our cart. 

The payment went through to Paypal but Prestashop took the iframe that showed the Paypal payment options and fields, and replaced it with a portion of another page from our shopping cart and nothing shows a confirmation, something simple like "hell yeah, we got your payment and you're all set - thanks for your business!  Instead, the screwy 1/4 portion of the web page shows and the shopping sits cart uncleared.  So if I was customer, I woudn't know or think that my item had gone through. 

Then I logged in to Paypal and yes, after their promised standard of 12 - 24 minutes, I saw the transaction appear, for $2.  But Prestashop just sat there, effectively saying: "yo, you haven't paid for anything buddy ... so no, we're not going to ship your product."

Called Paypal tech support today and they put the issue back in my lap saying that if the transaction hit their shores, then that means, logically, that the bridge is open between Prestashop and Paypal because otherwise, who would pass it? So yeah, they got me there.  Recommended I contact Prestashop tech support.  I was too tired to laugh ... so I just grumbled.

I'm about ready to hang it up and buy this module. At least they provide updates and tech support:

http://www.modulebazaar.com/en/paypalpayments-advanced-module.html#product_tabs_review_tabbed

So I have two issues:

#1 - the shopping cart and items do not clear after the transaction is submitted

#2 - the iframe that I would call the "success" page, showing some kind of confirmation, is all screwed up and doesn't work.  (asked Paypal about that and they said ... that's all you man.)

And Prestashop just keeps wiring money to their bank, while we sit here ... banging our heads.

Brian

I had this problem. In paypal manager make under hosted pages make sure you see this:

Payment Confirmation Header and footer text do not apply to Layout C. Show confirmation page  On a PayPal hosted page Sample
 On my website Tips Enter your header text:
(optional) Enter your footer text:
(optional) Enter text for Return URL: Enter Return URL: Return URL Method:  Link Post 

Choose Link if you are not sure.

If it is already set, reselect the options and resave.

Oh yeah? sweet ... working on it now

any suggestions for

Enter cancel url:

Enter error url:

Cancel URL method: post or get?

Did you have the billing information section required fields checked? At first, all I had checked was CSC but when I did my test purchase last night, nothing came through beside the transaction ... so no name, no address, nothing .

Did you have the shipping information section required fields checked? 

I know both of those sections say they do not apply to Layout C, which is what we Advanced folks are using or ... must use ...

Okay, trying it again.

Thanks for the heads up.

Brian

I got it working.  I tried the settings mentioned above as well as creating a new user in PayPal Manager with ADMIN privileges and a different password.  I had created a user without ADMIN privileges (not sure why) and the same password before.  I was able to see paypal as a payment option in the store finally.  Now I need to test making the purchase.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, this is just to let you know that the PayPal Module is updated to 3.6. You can download it here http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/1748-paypal.html

Make sure to always have a backup of your files before you update modules. Do not hesitate to leave feedback about the module and if you have any issues, we can work together to solve them. 

Cheers,

-Benjamin

• 1 month later...

Running PS 1.5.6.0 was new install with 1.5 have used one click upgrage to do all updates.

PayPal USA, Canada 1.2.7  I get this message. i also have all the proper account info set up and was Approved for PayPal advanced .Your PayPal Manager Configuration credentials are not valid, please double-check their values or contact PayPal.

If i play around with it i can get it to go green and say it is configured but when i go to check out i get the error

No payment method is available for use at this time.

on the PayPal manager setup page what should i have in this  My domain is projectpb.com/shop

Enter Cancel URL

Enter Error URL

Enter Return URL

Thanks

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I find it hard to believe no one can get this junk code working   yes i said it   it is JUNK. 

If calling out who made this gets it fixed so be it. 

I love PS but the support flat out Sucks as bad as this module's functions.

I get the PayPal Advanced account i pay the $5 a month for what  not a dam thing.

and being its a new PayPal advanced account for the first 6 months they will hold %20 of all payments made to my account and release them every 90 days  all for what a broke ass module    Yes i am pissed

this is why the built in on will never work  their is a paid one in their store 

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/8341-paypal-payments-advanced.html

Thanks for nothing

Jeff Templer

www.projectpb.com hosted at Blehost.com

Edited by projectpb (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

I find it hard to believe no one can get this junk code working   yes i said it   it is JUNK. 

If calling out who made this gets it fixed so be it. 

I love PS but the support flat out Sucks as bad as this module's functions.

I get the PayPal Advanced account i pay the $5 a month for what  not a dam thing.

and being its a new PayPal advanced account for the first 6 months they will hold %20 of all payments made to my account and release them every 90 days  all for what a broke ass module    Yes i am pissed

this is why the built in on will never work  their is a paid one in their store 

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/8341-paypal-payments-advanced.html

Thanks for nothing

Jeff Templer

www.projectpb.com hosted at Blehost.com

Hi Jeff, we have updated the module and your PayPal Advanced credentials should be working no problem. Please let me know if you are still having problems. 

Hi Jeff, we have updated the module and your PayPal Advanced credentials should be working no problem. Please let me know if you are still having problems. 

i am sorry to say i got nothing and i did the update to 1.5.6.2 also 

The order will now show up in back office but i get a payment error message

In the order i get this :

Comment: Field format error: 10561-There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a complete billing address.

Comment 2: 

Credit card type: MasterCard

Credit card last 4 digits: 0784

Amount charged: 1.06

Currency: USD

Time: 2014-01-19 00:04:17

Method: CC

PayPal result code: 7

Transaction ID: EXHPB67D147B

not sure if i have setting right on paypal  

this is what i get after i enter in a card info. 

pp.jpg

If i try again after clicking on a warning tab in address bar to load unsafe script i get this 

er.jpg

Edited by projectpb (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Jeff

I dont know if you resolved your problem yet but we had the same issue.  Turns out that the password for Paypal Advanced cannot have special characters (ie $ or * or _ ).... if you have these in your password, try removing and see if your problem resolves.  Good Luck.

R

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm using 1.5.6.2 too and have the same error. Have any luck for a solution?

i am sorry to say i got nothing and i did the update to 1.5.6.2 also 

The order will now show up in back office but i get a payment error message

In the order i get this :

Comment: Field format error: 10561-There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a complete billing address.
Comment 2: 
Credit card type: MasterCard
Credit card last 4 digits: 0784
Amount charged: 1.06
Currency: USD
Time: 2014-01-19 00:04:17
Method: CC
PayPal result code: 7

Transaction ID: EXHPB67D147B

not sure if i have setting right on paypal  

this is what i get after i enter in a card info. 

pp.jpg

If i try again after clicking on a warning tab in address bar to load unsafe script i get this 

er.jpg

• 2 weeks later...