Problem with multi-default currencies in Multistore

Hello

I just decided to start a shop using multistore option. The one problem I had is with different default currency for each shop. I share the products between all shops.

Below is what I want:

Shop A - only PLN currency, no EUR, no GBP

Shop B - only EUR currency, no PLN, no GBP

Shop C - only GBP currency, no PLN, no EUR

The only one way we could do it is set different default currency for each store and leave it enabled and than disable unneeded currencies.

There is a problem after I add the product. When I add a product with price 100 PLN to Shop A than the price in Shop B is 100EUR and Shop C shows 100GBP. The price is not converted.

The same problem with shipping cost. It has the same value but different currency :(

I think that default currency should stay the same for each Shop :(. Is there any other way to hide default currency from several shops. If yes than I would set an EUR as default currency for the whole group of Shops and hide it from Shop A and Shop B. Any chance to do that?

Thanks

Pawel

almost solved:

Spent one hour thinking on before. That was so easy :/

Go to : Localization > Currencies and the click EDIT next to the currency you want to hid.

Than untick the store from the "shop association" list at the bottom

So.. my default currency for all three shops must stay the same: PLN. Now, if I want to show EUR and GBP within shop2 with default EUR? Without changing the default currency from PLN into EUR?

The third problem is that the very first page at front office shows always default currency (even if this currency is not associated with the shop). Than after refresh it become as I need. Any ideas?

Edited by zsedc (see edit history)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

no it does not seem to be related to zones/country settings. it is because there is a different default currency for each Multishop.
And this default currency is always set to 1. In the currency overview it show the correct conversion 0.9481 but when I click edit it shows 1.
Also changing the value manual to 0.9481 does not help. it seems to be saved and the screen jumps back to the currency overview. 
going back to details still 1 is shown

currency_conversion1.jpg

currency_conversion2.jpg