vekia

[module] product additional tabs pro - create unlimited number of extra tabs

Product extra tabs PRO

you can create unlimited additonal product tabs with this module.

Easy in use product tab configurator (just open the product edit page)

high usability, extended tinymce editor (accepts all html tags nad java scripts, css code etc.)

product-extra-tabs-big-cover.png

available translations

en.pnges.pngpl.pngde.pngit.pngfr.png

more informations about module you can find here

Prestashop module product extra tabs

module installation process

module is finally available on official addons marketplace

it means that you can use it in prestashop cloud even if you bought it in other marketplace

trusted-addon.png

Good day..

hello

i just want to inform that you also use the same module name as other module developers use, for example "One page checkout", "Zoom product", "product filter" etc.

i just wanted to say, that is hard to avoid all of this.

hello

i just want to inform that you also use the same module name as other module developers use, for example "One page checkout", "Zoom product", "product filter" etc.

i just wanted to say, that is hard to avoid all of this.

Ok, I understand. Thanks you.

new version of module released! (1.5.2)

1. module will support prestashop 1.5.5 (problem with changing position with drag'n'drop fixed)
  2. maxthon browser support

I just bought it from your site and tried to install it, but it comes up with an error

The following module(s) could not be loaded::

• extratabspro (parse error in /modules/extratabspro/extratabspro.php)
  • extratabspro (class missing in /modules/extratabspro/extratabspro.php)
  • PrestaShop] Fatal error in module Module.php(1050) : eval()'d :
    syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM, expecting ')
  • Looks like you missed something?!

1. what ps version you've got ?
  2. what php version you've got on your hosting ?

can i get an access to the back office? i will test it and if it will be necessary - apply fix

Hi,

I have purchased this today and I am getting the following error when installing through back office.

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module extratabspro:
syntax error, unexpected T_PAAMAYIM_NEKUDOTAYIM, expecting ')'

It's not a great start when I've just spent money on this guys :(

Any help to get this resolved would be great.

My host (hostgator) runs the latest version of PHP (i think its 5?) and im using prestashop 1.5 with default template.

Frustrating :(

hello it's the same problem as @thepan got, it's already fixed

the problem is related to the old php version, update for it will be released today

but if you want i can fix it right now, I sent you PM

as an apology for the problems, I suggest you to choose any (even paid) modul from my offer, i will give you a free lincense for it

• Like 1

Hi Vekia :)

Thank you , that's really kind of you, much appreciated. Dont worry about fixing my specific problem, just concentrate on fixing the module and send me a PM later today once its done :) Thanks again

P.S I'll send you a PM with which module I'd like (thanks for that kind offer, thats fantastic)

Thanks

Darren

hello

can you send me credentials to your store?

I need to test it before i will release it

i will be really gratefull if this will be possible, if not - just let me know

problem definitely solved. I've noticed that roblem was related to the prestashop in version 5.2.17 (old one)

now everything works well, please download latest version from our store.

and of course don't forget to select free addon :)

Hi Vekia, Thanks for helping me but I think there is still an issue. You know those two tabs you setup for me? Well I've gone in to edit it and clicked on "turn on editor" and nothing happens? I was expecting a WYSIWYG editor? So that I could add images etc without having to write my own html?

Nothing happens when you click "turn off editor" either?

Thanks

Vekia,

It would appear that the problem is actually editing tabs that have already been created (i.e the ones you created for me). If you click on 'create new tab' you get the WYSIWYG editor.

However, if you then try to edit a tab the editor is not available, even when you click on "turn on editor"

clear cache in your browser, after that everything should works

(browser remember old .js scripts)

So now I want to make a new tab for all my products. And since that could take a while I thought I gonna do it with an sql query in myphpadmin.

It works fine I can insert new rows in ps_extratabpro and ps_extratabspro_lang and the tabs are all there.

Now I would like to insert some html code in the "body" field of ps_extratabspro_lang but i always end up with an syntax error.

UPDATE `ps_extratabspro_lang` SET body="<p><strong>How it works:</strong> You need one of our <strong><a class="info" href="http://www.pandiachunks.co.uk/4-bracelets">bracelets</a></strong>, <strong><a class="info" href="http://www.pandiachunks.co.uk/7-belts">belts</a></strong>, <strong><a class="info" href="http://www.pandiachunks.co.uk/6-necklaces">necklaces</a></strong> or <strong><a class="info" href="http://www.pandiachunks.co.uk/8-rings">rings</a></strong> and you simply press your chosen <strong><a class="info" href="http://www.pandiachunks.co.uk/5-chunks">Chunks(snap buttons)</a></strong> on your selected piece of jewellery. Each of our Chunks has its own unique design and meaning. Whenever you change your style or mood you just change the Chunks and make your jewellery suitable to your outfit. Enjoy creating your own look over and over again.</p>" WHERE id_lang=2;

I know this is not directly connected to the problem, but I thought someone might know what syntax to use here. I googled but everything I tried is not working.

Edited by thepan (see edit history)

i can update module for this feature :)

i mean that i can create special form to create tabs in bulk for selected products (or products in category)

Yeah would be a nice feature.

Anyway I found my syntax error :D used " ` " instead of " ' ". All good now

i will let you know here when the update will be ready to download :)

Vekia, that would be an excellent feature!! It's time consuming doing it on a 'per product' basis :)

Meanwhile the sql query to add a tab to all products:

use your_table_here;

DELIMITER $$
DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS SampleProc$$

CREATE PROCEDURE SampleProc()
   BEGIN
		   DECLARE x  INT;
		   SET x = 1;		   #or the product id you want to start with
		   WHILE x  <= 100 DO	  # change 100 to the product id you want to end with

INSERT INTO `ps_extratabspro`(`id_tab`, `id_product`, `active`, `position`) VALUES (x,x,1,10);  #leave the first two "x" and change the 3rd one to "0" if you dont want the tabs to be active yet. The 4th value is for the position of the tab if you have already 10 tabs per product page you want to change this to 11 or higher.
			   INSERT INTO `ps_extratabspro_lang`(`id_tab`, `id_lang`, `body`, `name`) VALUES (x,2,'your text here','your tab title here');  #change the "2" to the id of the language you want the tabs to add.
			   SET  x = x + 1;
		   END WHILE;
   END$$

DELIMITER ;
  call SampleProc();

I forgot to mention that this query only works correct when you have not added any extratabs with the module yet. In case you did you need to work around a bit. If anyone needs help with that just ask.

Edited by thepan (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Good morning,

Using ps 1.5.4.1 default theme

With this module will I be able to create a global tab, for instance:

If I had a Delivery Info tab could I populate all products with the same information.

Yours in anticipation

Paul

for now it isn't possible, you have to define this tab for each product separately.

ps. you probably sent me an email, i replied but message probably was treated as a "SPAM"

Good morning,

Yes, I sent the email and reply did go to the spam folder, I will correct that now.

Ok, so html box pro will be able to do what I require - global delivery information

So if I enter the information in "Product Tab Content" this information will automatically populate all

products, future, past and present? or will I have to change a file or two

Paul

that's right

your tab will appear in each products defined in your store, and fo future products too

Thank you vekia, that has solved that problem, I will buy the module tomorrow.

Now all I need to work out is how to add a more info button near the Add to Cart button to lower the page

Anyway, thank you for your help

Paul

what you exactly mean by "more info" button? can you explain it a little more?

Hello again

If you remember in previous ps versions, well ps 1.4.7 anyway, they is a more details button that

when clicked would lower the page to the product tabs.

See attached image, this is from ps 1.4.7

Paul

post-321361-0-74784700-1377708126_thumb.png

ok i understand

it is possible to achieve, you can create simple javascript (jquery) function with "scroll" effect, then add buton "more info" which will call this function. you can do everything with html box pro module, and also manually in product.tpl file.

for now i havent got an access to the script, but if you want - i will show you proper code ASAP

Perfect, thank you so much for your time, help and code, it will save me hours of time

really appreciate it

Paul

i will paste it here tonight, im out of home right now and i havent got access for all my scripts :) see you soon here :)

best regards

Hello Paulito, here it is the script

$(document).ready(function(){
$('.moreinfo_button').click(function(){
 $(".my_more_info_tab").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);
  return false;
});
});

create button:

<div class="moreinfo_button">MORE INFO</div>

and to the tab with "more information" contents add this class: "my_more_info_tab"

Hello,

Just bought module as promised, and thank you for the script.

Just a question, I have installed the module but their is no configure option, please see image

It's been a long day for me so I am sure I am missing something

Hope you can help

Paul

post-321361-0-01824100-1377793506_thumb.png

yess, this module hasn't got "configure" page, because whole configuration of this addon is located on... product edit page :)

you will see there additional tab, just click on it and you will be able to create new tabs

Sorry, have just realised, have bought the wrong module, should have been "HTML PRO" :wub:

I'm having a bad day :wacko:

Paul

Sorry, have just realised, have bought the wrong module, should have been "HTML PRO" :wub:

I'm having a bad day :wacko:

Paul

check your PM please :)

new version released! module is now in v1.5.4

new features:

- updates checker

- possibility to translate tab also for "inactive" languages

- module works with prestashop v1.6

• Like 1

version 1.5.5 released

- added "html" plugin (button) in tinymce rich text editor

Hi,

are you talking about the add-on „Product Tab”? I just bought it and have a problem with external urls in the Content field of a new created tab.. I think it has to do with magic quotes, because every time I save a text, a backslash is added in the html.. can you help?

hello

sure i can help

can i get an access to your BO to inspect it and create new code then?

Hi,

are you talking about the add-on „Product Tab”? I just bought it and have a problem with external urls in the Content field of a new created tab.. I think it has to do with magic quotes, because every time I save a text, a backslash is added in the html.. can you help?

thanks for credentials to your back office.

i checked it, and ...

you dont use my module

you use different one, so ask module developer to help

version 1.5.6 released

totally new back office of the module,

now module and ajax queries works much better

version 1.5.7 released!

- module fully supports prestashop 1.6

I install the module Product Extra Tabs Pro V1.5.7 with 4 different themes on the same site (compatible prestashop 1.6.0.5 Version and prestashop 1.6.0.5) and can not have the tabs that works. the title appears with display tab problems. and the text remains open and below the tabs1 info. Can you help me please. thank you

807649problem.jpg

prestashop 1.6 default theme hasn't got tabs like it was in prestashop 1.5

in prestashop 1.6  by default you've got wide horizontal bars:

qa5Y6TA.png

you said also about other themes, image that you attached http://i.imgur.com/kAskbNG.png - doesnt look like default template. i suppose that these themes use different way to display tabs than default template.

let me know about themes that you use.

Thank you to confirm that you download the theme. to delete the theme in the folder (see private message)

Thank you to confirm that you download the theme. to delete the theme in the folder (see private message)

downloaded :)

i will check it.

btw is your website online somewhere?

I reinstall my website. it is not currently available

ps:

many new theme prestashop version 1.6 uses the old tabs. the tabs theme prestashop is not yet used by the new theme in 1.6

ok so im going to check it on my own,

this theme that you attached to PM is a theme that you installed with theme installer? 

not this is a 2nd themes, which I will use, but it does the same thing with the module

new version released!

- added fix related to EDITOR / CODE switchet buttons in prestashop 1.6 - now these buttons works very well :)

- added new extended version of tinyMCE editor in prestashop 1.6

Hi Milosz

Thanks for the advice. 

Now if I want to combine the Extra Tabs with the Description (not the Short but the whole one) and Data Sheet properties into one set of tabs, is it feasible? (seems possible on your demo http://demo.mypresta.eu/en/1-ipod-nano.html but I want to be sure)

And I saw in product.tpl (line 182 in 1.6.0.7 release) that theres a "More Details" button that is disabled in css. Is there a way in your module to have a link/button in the short description to jump to the tabbed content?

hmm im lost, i don't understand what you expect?

you want to create additional tabs near the original tabs? 

it's not a problem, with this module you can do it. this module creates tabs exactly there

Like in this screenshot (https://imageshack.com/i/n9n6gjj) , I'd like to have the "More Info", "Data Sheet" and other tabs in the page

My understanding is that your module can add extra tabs to the product page. But can I combine the "More Info", "Data Sheet" fields with the extra tabs?

For example, I don't want this: http://imageshack.com/a/img836/2604/ikyw.jpg

hello

yeah sure my module allows to create tabs like you show on first image :-)

you can create these tabs near the more info and other default tabs in prestashop.

i published guide for that some time ago, we discussed also there :-)

Hi Milosz 

I tried your Product Extra Tabs pro module here: http://demo.mypresta.eu/en/1-ipod-nano.html and there's a little bug.

When you first click on any tab, nothings happens but the URL changes (to become http://demo.mypresta.eu/en/1-ipod-nano.html#extratabpro94)

Then you have to click again to display a tab content

Will the bug appear in Prestashop 1.6 as well? I'm about to buy it but I want to be sure it works well

thanks

hello

note that prestashop 1.6 has got different way to display tabs.

in prestashop 1.6 tabs appear like a wide horizontal bars.

this module gives you possibility to select what kind of tabs you want to display:

1 - wide horizontal bars

2 - tabs like in prestashop 1.6

if you will selet second option, this is how it will work: http://gamelivery.com/en/uplay/2-watchdogs.html

this website uses my module, you can check tabs there :-)

• Like 1

Hello

I am thinking of purchasing this module but I am wondering if you can tell me I need it to do a specific thing so would you be able to show me how to move the module.

If you take a look at the attached screenshot I would like to be able to move the tab section in the section below or above the social media icons.

I want my tabs to include the item info, reviews, size chart and possible video but I want it to shrink and fit in the section where the arrow is pointing.

Also my site is currently responsive so I would prefer that it stay that way with these modifications =-)

The 2nd screenshot is an rough draft of what I would like the module to do. post-794829-0-27502400-1403715936_thumb.jpgpost-794829-0-18794100-1403715937_thumb.jpg

Edited by mpouliot34 (see edit history)

hello

it's possible but only with product.tpl file modifications

if you're interested - i can do everything for you

Yes I am interested in getting your help but would very much also like to learn where these modifications need to be made =-) Please send me a PM with pricing for your assistance :)

hello

i replied

yaayyyyy it will be free, im here to help and solve problems ;)

• Like 1

new version of additional product tab module released!

- added installation improvements

I have a problem with the extra tabs pro module, it displays correctly in the tabs of the product.but the module displays the text in the bottom of the page and each tabs. you can verify the problem. 

I send you my username: FTP and web site  by email (support@mypresta.eu - 18/07/2014 - 22h48). 

My website is in prestashop 1.6.0.8 and I have  Product Extra Tabs Pro 1.6.1.0.

thank you

Edited by ritopina (see edit history)

for information: I have 5 themes prestashop 1.6.0.x, I test on my WebSite and have the same problem display module Product Extra Tabs Pro 1.6.1.0.

I have a problem with the extra tabs pro module, it displays correctly in the tabs of the product.but the module displays the text in the bottom of the page and each tabs. you can verify the problem. 

I send you my username: FTP and web site  by email (support@mypresta.eu - 18/07/2014 - 22h48). 

My website is in prestashop 1.6.0.8 and I have  Product Extra Tabs Pro 1.6.1.0.

thank you

hello

i replied to your email,

in addition, if you want to use "real tabs" like it was in 1.5 you need to change template file, everythnig is described on module page with link to step-by-step guide

if you want i can help with everything,

With regards,

Milos

Hi, I have seen but it does not match my theme. Can you help me, please. I sent you the information web and ftp to connect you by email.

Hi, I have seen but it does not match my theme. Can you help me, please. I sent you the information web and ftp to connect you by email.

hello

sure, i received it today morning, im checking it right now

Can you confirm if you have found a solution or if you think that the change can be made. and how long it may take for your opinion. thank you

new version released!

- possibility to define global tabs, it means that you can create tab on each product page with one mouse click. You can create global tabs that will appear on product pages associated with selected categories!

• Like 1

Hi,

Prestashop Product Extra Tabs Pro 1.6.2.0 with a clean prestashop 1.6.0.9 release. the module does not save the tabs to create, in the product page to the back office. thank you to check

Hi,

Prestashop Product Extra Tabs Pro 1.6.2.0 with a clean prestashop 1.6.0.9 release. the module does not save the tabs to create, in the product page to the back office. thank you to check

hello

module has got several improvements related to database 

have you tried to reinstall module to apply these changes?

Yes, new clean install prestashop 1.6.0.9 and module Extra Tabs Pro 1.6.2.0 (install, reinstall and reset). Can not save tab (new tab create in product). with the old version Extra Tabs Pro 1.6.1.0 it works with prestashop 1.6.0.9. ??????

Yes, new clean install prestashop 1.6.0.9 and module Extra Tabs Pro 1.6.2.0 (install, reinstall and reset). Can not save tab (new tab create in product). with the old version Extra Tabs Pro 1.6.1.0 it works with prestashop 1.6.0.9. ??????

each version works with new release

problem is probably with database upgrade

are you able to check what columns module table has?

if there is any chance to get an access to your back office - i will check everything with pleasure, and if it will be necessary - of course i will apply fixes for you

ok  :)

I've been thinking. what you said to the data base. And I uninstalled + delete extratabspro lines (import base + rectification in txt file). I installed extratabs 1.6.2.0, now it works, I can create a Tabs for each product that registers (before, not record, I think doing an update of extratabs 1.61.0 to 1.6. 2.0 gives errors).

lignes 433, 434 and 437 delete to database:

(433, NULL, NULL, 'update_extratabspro', '1408789793', '2014-08-21 00:12:33', '2014-08-23 12:29:53'),
(434, NULL, NULL, 'updatev_extratabspro', NULL, '2014-08-21 00:12:33', '2014-08-21 00:12:33'),
(435, NULL, NULL, 'update_htmlboxpro', '1408789609', '2014-08-21 00:12:33', '2014-08-23 12:26:49'),
(436, NULL, NULL, 'updatev_htmlboxpro', NULL, '2014-08-21 00:12:33', '2014-08-21 00:12:33'),
(437, NULL, NULL, 'extratabs_altered1', '1', '2014-08-21 00:12:43', '2014-08-21 00:12:43'),

:D  Thank

new version released

- added minor fixes related to appearance of the module in nondefault themes like warehouse etc.

new version released!

- added Dutch translation and updated translations to other languages

new version released!

added minor fixes related to appearance of global tabs (tabs for selected categories)

• Like 1

Hello,

After installing the module, in the edit tab of the product, you can not add new tabs, is the information:

A server error occurred while loading the tabs: some tabs could not be loaded.
Please try again by refreshing the page.
If you are still Encountering this issue, please check your server logs or contact your hosting provider for assistance.

installation: localhost, prestashop 1.6.0.9

Please, solve the problem.

extra tabs module upgraded

- minor improvements to appearance of tabs in upcoming 1.6.0.10 release

- minor fixes releated to tabs visibility in back office

• Like 1