[MODULE] From PrestaShop to PrestaShop products import + products export in XML or CSV free

Falgener

Hello, 

I've found your module, ( http://netvianet.com/prestashop-modules/40-import-xml-products.html ) ,

Can you tell if it will work well with my project.

Right now I'm working on a project based in prestashop 1.6.0.9, and the main problem is that my client, who have a bunch of shops, have and xml archive with all the products information, linked images with url, descriptions, prices, quantity, etc.

Do you think that with your module I'll be able to get the products from the xml to the shop? will them be updatable through the xml from a Cron task?

finally, do you if the images, which are in client server, can be linked to my prestashop without having to update them to the prestashop hosting.    

thank you so much, I'll hope the module works to buy it ASAP.

regards

Hello, 

I've found your module, ( http://netvianet.com/prestashop-modules/40-import-xml-products.html ) ,

Can you tell if it will work well with my project.

Right now I'm working on a project based in prestashop 1.6.0.9, and the main problem is that my client, who have a bunch of shops, have and xml archive with all the products information, linked images with url, descriptions, prices, quantity, etc.

Do you think that with your module I'll be able to get the products from the xml to the shop? will them be updatable through the xml from a Cron task?

finally, do you if the images, which are in client server, can be linked to my prestashop without having to update them to the prestashop hosting.    

thank you so much, I'll hope the module works to buy it ASAP.

regards

Hello,

this module is not universal xml import. Will work only if Your client e-shops are on PrestaShop and if XML will be exported with this module:

http://netvianet.com/prestashop-modules/39-export-xml-products-free.html

(Because each xml can have different structure. We can test it on test site, contact me.)

To second question: images are downloaded during xml import and are saved (resized etc..) on Your PrestaShop server.

If I understand You well, You need have images on remote server? This will be problem.

thanks for answering so fast, 

yes, I assume that I will have to adapt my xml to mach some prestashop requirements, that will not be a problem.

I've done some test converting my xml's to csv and using the prestashop csv importer, and I could import them.

Another question that I have is that my client have two xmls from two different providers, (each xml have different product id and product reference number, so that we are sure that each product id is unique and does not exist in the other xml  ) could your module work with two different xml's ? or you would recommend to combine both xaml's into one?

I'm planning to do a little program with php that receive the provider xml and output and xml ready for prestashop. 

The problem with the images is that there will be arround 5000 products and if I could load the image from the remote server, I would need a hosting with less space and as a result a cheaper hosting.    

thanks

thanks for answering so fast, 

yes, I assume that I will have to adapt my xml to mach some prestashop requirements, that will not be a problem.

I've done some test converting my xml's to csv and using the prestashop csv importer, and I could import them.

Another question that I have is that my client have two xmls from two different providers, (each xml have different product id and product reference number, so that we are sure that each product id is unique and does not exist in the other xml  ) could your module work with two different xml's ? or you would recommend to combine both xaml's into one?

I'm planning to do a little program with php that receive the provider xml and output and xml ready for prestashop. 

The problem with the images is that there will be arround 5000 products and if I could load the image from the remote server, I would need a hosting with less space and as a result a cheaper hosting.    

thanks

I think, that in this case will be better write separate import module for each xml, because:

1/ No xml converting or adapt will be required.

2/ Now You are sure that each product id is unique in both xml, but will be in future?

Images on remote server - this will be such a big  PrestaShop modification and so many problems (with update for example etc. etc.), that unlimited hosting will be cheaper.

(5000 products is not too much, for example I have unlimited hosting for test site with 20.000 products and price is 1.09€  per month)

5000 products is not too much, for example I have unlimited hosting for test site with 20.000 products and price is 1.09€  per month)

Hi Falgener,

I have problems finding a hosting provider that lets import 1000 or more products at once!

You have found one that is reliable and cheap: can you tell us the name?

Thanks

Navid

Hi Falgener,

I have problems finding a hosting provider that lets import 1000 or more products at once!

You have found one that is reliable and cheap: can you tell us the name?

Thanks

Navid

Hi,

Because this may be advertisement, I send You link as personal message. :)

• 1 month later...

Hello ,

Can we import Bulk data into our store through the excel file .xls file in any easy way because while uploading and editing with the .csv file its format gets change and its very much hard to get use to with a person when there is more then 500 products to upload per day for a person.

i want to do the excel sheet product uploading process like this is it possible

http://sellerhelp.snapdeal.com/?p=826

Hi falgener, 

in addtion to post #105, 

I bought your module and I've been building some php to create and xml that I could import with your module. 

I'm working with small version of the entire xml with the categories and just two products, you can check it here: http://devel3.secretoscompartidos.com.es/test_xml_dildos.xml

The main problem is that I can import all categories but when it import the products it only import the id, the ean, the price, but there are no names, images or descriptions.

any idea ?

I'll bet it's something with the xml, do you see anything wrong?

thank you.

Hi falgener, 

in addtion to post #105, 

I bought your module and I've been building some php to create and xml that I could import with your module. 

I'm working with small version of the entire xml with the categories and just two products, you can check it here: http://devel3.secretoscompartidos.com.es/test_xml_dildos.xml

The main problem is that I can import all categories but when it import the products it only import the id, the ean, the price, but there are no names, images or descriptions.

any idea ?

I'll bet it's something with the xml, do you see anything wrong?

thank you.

Hello,

At the end of images link you have unwanted char "|", but  I need test your xml sample  more  and will You inform.

thanks for testing it.

http://devel3.secretoscompartidos.com.es/test_xml_dildos_2.xml her you have a version without the unwanted char. 

Hi,

on the beginning of xml file is missing:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Property Product->meta_description length (559) must be between 0 and 255

edit tag <META_DESCRIPTION_L1>

and <META_DESCRIPTION_L2>

this is link to your modified xml, work OK for me:

http://praotec.com/test2/modules/nvn_export_products/download/nvn_products_export_sNtRNYqIWm.xml

(And small advice - enable debug mode in config/defines.inc.php. You will see what is wrong.)

Hello, 

Thank you so much, you made my day. 

It's working for me too. I'll do the modifications to the entire file and it should be working soon.

thanks for the advice, I'll try.

regards

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a question. I use an overide multifeatures for one product ( from this thread https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/176242-modification-select-multiple-values-for-one-feature/ )  Does you export/import package this kind of products ? I have ca. 1k products with ca 200 features.

If you can make i will certainly buy it. I need to move products from 1.5.x to 1.6.x

regards,

pawel

Hi,

I have a question. I use an overide multifeatures for one product ( from this thread https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/176242-modification-select-multiple-values-for-one-feature/ )  Does you export/import package this kind of products ? I have ca. 1k products with ca 200 features.

If you can make i will certainly buy it. I need to move products from 1.5.x to 1.6.x

regards,

pawel

Hi,

I think this will be problem, because multi features solution uses override. For first step You can download free export module and check one product, if will be exported all multi features for this product ok. ( <SHOPITEM> key <FEATURES> )

If Yes, send me PM and we can test import on test site.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm trying to move products from an old 1.1.0 Prestashop website, to a new installation with Prestashop 1.6.x. Can this module help me with the migration process?

Thank you.

Hi,

I'm trying to move products from an old 1.1.0 Prestashop website, to a new installation with Prestashop 1.6.x. Can this module help me with the migration process?

Thank you.

Hi,

Unfortunately not, because export works from PS version 1.4.4.0

Hello

I'm willing to purchase your module.. but one thing bothering me. let me explain.

1) i have a domain - abc.com

2) i want to export products from abc.com

3) then i will wipe out abc.com, install a fresh prestashop and using your import module i will import my products

which means to say, i want to export products from a prestashop, erase that prestashop, install a fresh copy and import my products again. Can i use your module for that? 

==
To second question: images are downloaded during xml import and are saved (resized etc..) on Your PrestaShop server.
==

may i know where exactly those images will be saved (exported) and how it will be imported during import process?
Edited by johnchristy (see edit history)

Hello

I'm willing to purchase your module.. but one thing bothering me. let me explain.

1) i have a domain - abc.com

2) i want to export products from abc.com

3) then i will wipe out abc.com, install a fresh prestashop and using your import module i will import my products

which means to say, i want to export products from a prestashop, erase that prestashop, install a fresh copy and import my products again. Can i use your module for that? 

==
==

may i know where exactly those images will be saved (exported) and how it will be imported during import process?

Unfortunately this will not work. Because images are downloaded during import and if You erase original e-shop, you will be without images ...

• 4 weeks later...

I have just tried to import the exported file and got the following error message

"Property Product->description is not valid at line 924 in file classes/ObjectModel.php"

Please help

I have just tried to import the exported file and got the following error message

"Property Product->description is not valid at line 924 in file classes/ObjectModel.php"

Please help

Hello,

read this article: http://www.praotec.com/nvn-import-xml-products-error-description-is-not-valid/

If still will not work, contact me at http://netvianet.com/contact-us

and we resolve this on test site.

Thanks for your response.

I realised that the import had actually brought across 29 of the 570 products before the error would occur.

Since making the prestashop configuration changes from the link the error is gone.

However, the import still doesn't complete past the 29 products.

The logs show the following messages:

106 - Start import products

107 - FAILURE STOP in previous run. Skipping faulty Product Original ID:33

108 - FAILURE STOP: Product LinkRewrite_L1. Allow accented chars URL rewrite or NVN URL rewriting. Product: Original ID:34

Thanks

Thanks for your response.

I realised that the import had actually brought across 29 of the 570 products before the error would occur.

Since making the prestashop configuration changes from the link the error is gone.

However, the import still doesn't complete past the 29 products.

The logs show the following messages:

106 - Start import products

107 - FAILURE STOP in previous run. Skipping faulty Product Original ID:33

108 - FAILURE STOP: Product LinkRewrite_L1. Allow accented chars URL rewrite or NVN URL rewriting. Product: Original ID:34

Thanks

Hello,

this sometime happens, if are some not UTF-8 chars in export.

Try solution with JSON encode / decode.

1/ In export module select “Encode XML JSON”

2/ Save.

3 / Delete old export and create new export.

4/ In import module select “Decode JSON encoded chars”

5/ Save.

6 / Delete old import xml and  new import.  

See help - solution 2 actualised: http://www.praotec.com/nvn-import-xml-products-error-description-is-not-valid/

Thanks

Thanks for responding.

I had actually selected the option of "Decode JSON encoded chars" in the IMPORT module to before I got the error I sent you.

After sending the mail deselected that option and got the module to import some more products now up to 54.

I have now reselected and I'm back to the error
"Property Product->description is not valid at line 924 in file classes/ObjectModel.php"

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have very old version (1.4.x ) website with huge products and categories....Now i would like to export products and categories from old site and have to import this products and categories to very new version 1.6.x...

Can you please help me to find module or suggestion please...I need it as soon as possible..

Thanks!

Hello, I have very old version (1.4.x ) website with huge products and categories....Now i would like to export products and categories from old site and have to import this products and categories to very new version 1.6.x...

Can you please help me to find module or suggestion please...I need it as soon as possible..

Thanks!

Hello,

download free export module from this page:

http://netvianet.com/prestashop-modules/39-export-xml-products-free.html

(Module works from PS version 1.4.1.0) Install this module to your old site and export.

Then contact me (contact) and we can try import to test site.

Usually is not problem  with many products, only can take more time....

Thanks

Hi,

there are many tools and services available, just find one suitable to you.

There are two main groups:

1) With the service, you pay once and someone will do the job for you: easy and simple. Probably faster.

2) With a tool, you pay the software to do it and then you keep using it to optimize and improve your site. This was my choice with PrestaPricing from http://www.sitolog.com and I use it to import new products, add images, fix combinations...

At the beginning the software is not easy, because it does so much, luckly the support is fantastic.

If you do a search, i am sure you will find many answers.

Navid