[MODULE] From PrestaShop to PrestaShop products import + products export in XML or CSV free

Falgener

From PrestaShop to PrestaShop products import

Module to import products, categories, images and manufacturers into another installation of PrestaShop.

- Need to download the complete products of other PrestaShop?

- Or if You are distributor / supplier, You may use this free module for export products. If Your client is on PrestaShop, need only this import xml module for import and update Your products.

- Or if you have shop A, shop B and shop C, you can modify the products only in the shop A. And automatically update products in the e-shop B and C. (Or, for example, export only selected categories from A and change, for example only product prices in B, C.) 

In this moment, this module can help You - http://netvianet.com...l-products.html

It also works as a CRON job, if You import many products.

Module for export XML products from source site is free. (xml or csv format) Maybe will be usefull for another use. :rolleyes:

Short video:
http://youtu.be/u83bQh8F6qs

post-300251-0-54197200-1378033522_thumb.jpg

Edited by Falgener (see edit history)
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an error:[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module DbPDO:

Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 960 bytes)

:-(

Hi,
in the export or import module? PrestaShop version?
Contact me in the PM or nevianet contact form.
Thanks.

bought import module. It was set up . Import does not work. 

After cklicking manual  import XML i see a new window wich messages me that import_cron_products.php  does not found on server

Presta 1.5.5  

Export module version= import module version  (both were downloaded yesterday)

bought import module. It was set up . Import does not work. 

After cklicking manual  import XML i see a new window wich messages me that import_cron_products.php  does not found on server

Presta 1.5.5  

Export module version= import module version  (both were downloaded yesterday)

OK, download at the bottom of the module a new copy and reinstall. Maybe the archive is corrupted. 

Just dowloaded the modules and at import process, i get this message, export ran ok. I need both languages (french and English)

!-Start Processing
Start loading Products XML feed
FAILURE STOP : Export file on source site does not exist or is not completed. Export first.

module version 1.6 (both)

ps exp 1.4.6.2

new ps 1.5.5

Edited by Sylverbullet (see edit history)

Hi Sylverbullet, 

Yes, multiple languages ​​is possible, I send PM for more information.

Now exports only default shop language. If you want another language, switch default shop language and  run export.

I will add full multi-languague  support next week. Update will be free of course...

Edited by Falgener (see edit history)

It's now working, it was my link the problem. My default language is french in my old shop and the export was in English. I will wait for the update next week and retry.

Ok I downloaded the last updates 1.6.2, installed on both (export-import). I proceed with one category for test purpose. First, I set default language in both shops in English, export and import runs great. After I change default language in both shops in french. I export and take a look to xl, all is in french, OK. Them I import and when I go and see product description, it's french only, in both languages.

What am I doing wrong ? Or is it just because multi-language is not in the current update ?

Edited by Sylverbullet (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

your module works with ps 1.5.6?

can i export data from 1.5.x to 1.5.6?

thanks

Hi, 

Yes, products, categories, images, manufacturer, supplier, attributes combinations, features... Tested also for 1.5.6. 

You can try it on my test site if you want.

Thanks

Hello

If the export file exists, you can check easily, entering the link address into your browser.  If is OK, check write  permissions to  module/nvn_import_products/data directory on the target server. If you still have problems, do not hesitate to contact me.

Hi! Thank You for Your help and support. Everything is now ok :) This module is perfect solution when you need to update prestashop and auto upgrade fails. You save my day and products!

Ps. We wait for more export/import modules. User accounts? ;) non-prestashop external xml import? ;)

Hello,

I do run Presta 1.3.6. need to export products and import to 1.5.6.. Will your module works ? Will be the images also exported and after making Thumbnails regeneration the imagies should be fine for Presta 1.5.6 theme ?

Thanks for info

Otto

HEllo

I would like to buy your module , however the site receiving the products wants to (prior to import) make sure the products imported from main site can be increased in a percentage 

Does your module achieve this. Or there is a way to achieve it?

Thanks a a lot and keep the good work

Hello,

I do run Presta 1.3.6. need to export products and import to 1.5.6.. Will your module works ? Will be the images also exported and after making Thumbnails regeneration the imagies should be fine for Presta 1.5.6 theme ?

Thanks for info

Otto

Hello,

Yes, for export / import from 1.3.6 use this free version export. http://netvianet.com/prestashop-module/33-export-xml-products-free.html

Is tested for PS 1.2.4. If will export work OK, contact me, I send You access to test site, where You may test import. Yes, thumbnails are automatically generated during the import from the original images.

HEllo

I would like to buy your module , however the site receiving the products wants to (prior to import) make sure the products imported from main site can be increased in a percentage 

Does your module achieve this. Or there is a way to achieve it?

Thanks a a lot and keep the good work

Hello,

In the current version is not possible percentage increase, copies the same price as in the source site. But no problem it add in next version...

Hello Solopedro,

I did installed the Export module. Instalation fine. But got this error. Looks like I should allow some Apache module for your module ?

Warning: fopen(/home/www/xxxx.xx/subdomeny/eshop/modules/nvn_export_products/download/nvn_products_export_l6z3P4actc.csv) []: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/xxxx.xx/subdomeny/eshop/modules/nvn_export_products/nvn_export_products.php on line 355

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/www/xxxx.xx/subdomeny/eshop/modules/nvn_export_products/nvn_export_products.php on line 361

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/www/xxxx.xx/subdomeny/eshop/modules/nvn_export_products/nvn_export_products.php on line 539

Thanks for info

Otto

Edited by Ota (see edit history)

Hello Solopedro,

I did installed the Export module. Instalation fine. But got this error. Looks like I should allow some Apache module for your module ?

Warning: fopen(/home/www/xxxx.xx/subdomeny/eshop/modules/nvn_export_products/download/nvn_products_export_l6z3P4actc.csv) []: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/xxxx.xx/subdomeny/eshop/modules/nvn_export_products/nvn_export_products.php on line 355

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/www/xxxx.xx/subdomeny/eshop/modules/nvn_export_products/nvn_export_products.php on line 361

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/www/xxxx.xx/subdomeny/eshop/modules/nvn_export_products/nvn_export_products.php on line 539

Thanks for info

Otto

Hi,

Warning fopen, line 355 - This means that the directory nvn_export_products/download/ has no write permissions. Use FTP client (like FileZilla) and set 777 for /download/ directory.

Then we'll see. Line 361 and 539 are in fact also writes into the export file...

BTW - for import is used xml format, not csv.

Thanks

Falgener

• 3 weeks later...

Hi :

I get this error on Prestashop 1.4.7.0 when i acces to the Configuration

Table 'pwrlight_powerlight.ps_shop' doesn't exist

SELECT `id_shop`,`name` FROM `ps_shop`

Thanks

Hi,

It took me awhile before I understand that you talking about export module. :)  I will fix it today.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi :

I get this error on Prestashop 1.4.7.0 when i acces to the Configuration

Table 'pwrlight_powerlight.ps_shop' doesn't exist

SELECT `id_shop`,`name` FROM `ps_shop`

Thanks

Hi,

Quick solution is editing config.inc.php  (example for PS 1.4.4)

/* Debug only */
@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');
define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', true);

edit to

@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');
define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', false);

It is usually config for most eshops, outside the testing. But I'll fix it as well in the module.

• Like 1

So export_product corrected also for 1.4.x in debug mode  :)

Absolutly great , thanks.

Now open final question , i downloaded the XML file but i can't open it with Excel or Calc (open office) , it gives me an error.

Am i doing something wrong ?

Thanks a lot

Absolutly great , thanks.

Now open final question , i downloaded the XML file but i can't open it with Excel or Calc (open office) , it gives me an error.

Am i doing something wrong ?

Thanks a lot

Hi, 

Try not to use a separator. See image. It works for me. But for editing is anyway better to use an XML editor.

post-300251-0-00051200-1384173492_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, 

Try not to use a separator. See image. It works for me. But for editing is anyway better to use an XML editor.

Sorry Mate , maybe i'm doing something wrong , it gave me an error like this : 

error on line 4093 at column 34:

It just can't be imported to Excel or Calc, maybe the text into The database is wrong ?

Sorry Mate , maybe i'm doing something wrong , it gave me an error like this : 

error on line 4093 at column 34:

It just can't be imported to Excel or Calc, maybe the text into The database is wrong ?

Hi,

XML is a text file containing some elements tags. So open it in a text editor (Notepad++  recommended) and check what is on line 4093 col 34.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some questions about this module:

1) Does it import Specific Prices? I have 6 different groups with specific prices

2) For my clients to be able to import data from my website, can the module export their specific cost of products, meeting that the client will receive as cost the specific price defined for the group he is included?

3) does my client have to use his User and Password?

If you wish to talk about this deeper, send me a private msg with your skype

Thank you

And this?

"

[PrestaShopException]

Parent category does not exist
at line 377 in file classes/Category.php

371. 		if (!$this->id_parent)372. 			return 0;373. 374. 		$parent_category = new Category((int)$this->id_parent);375. 		if (!Validate::isLoadedObject($parent_category))376. 			throw new PrestaShopException('Parent category does not exist');377. 		return $parent_category->level_depth + 1;378. 	}379. 380. 	/**381. 	  * Re-calculate the values of all branches of the nested tree

"

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I exported my products, categories an more with the export module, but on import, I dont get the products. The ajax import has been running for hours and no products!!

It is very urgent for me to get the products imported as fast as possible, so I hope you can help.

I wrote the netvianet.com contact form also.

Export is from 1.5.2.0, import is to 1.5.6.2

Thanks

When I use the manual import, when it is time for the products i get this error:

[PrestaShopException]

Property Product->condition has bad value (allowed values are: new, used, refurbished)
at line 837 in file classes/ObjectModel.php

832.             $message = $this->validateField($field, $this->$field);
833.             if ($message !== true)
834.             {
835.                 if ($die)
836.                     throw new PrestaShopException($message);
837.                 return $error_return ? $message : false;
838.             }
839.         }
841.         return true;

Since the creator of this module dont answer since last year i want to know if he still gives support after buying the module... Or someone know one module like this? Thanks

Hi,

I apologise but "Follow this topic" was cancelled and I did not know about it...

Previous questions (SaraL) solved by using the contact form on netvianet.com ("brugt" and "ny" and "demo" instead "used" , "new" "refurbished" in condition)

Previous questions (Soldega) solved by using the contact form.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Falgener,

i am interested in your module "Import XML Products L2" to use in place of the standard CSV import, please let me know if I understood correctly. Your module imports XML files, instead of CSV. That should not be a problem as in Excel it is possible to save the XML format.

Question: what happens to features in a multilanguage site?

According to your description, the module manages two languages. Can your module manage the problem of showing features in both languages in the data sheet tab? (see following images)

So I need the features to be displayed ONLY in Italian when the Italian version is displayed.

Then I need the features to be shown in ENGLISH ONLY when the English language is displayed.

multilanguage-datasheet-english-italian.

As you features are available in English and Italian at the same time.

In this case, this it the Italian page, so the features should be displayed only in Italian. But you can see both English and Italian :angry:

Can your module solve this problem?

What happens if there are 5 languages instead of 2??

Best regards

Navid 

Hi Falgener,

i am interested in your module "Import XML Products L2" to use in place of the standard CSV import, please let me know if I understood correctly. Your module imports XML files, instead of CSV. That should not be a problem as in Excel it is possible to save the XML format.

Best regards

Navid 

Hi Navid.

Import module support only xml structure exported with this module. http://netvianet.com/prestashop-module/39-export-xml-products-free.html

It will not work with converted xml from excel.

I send You access to the test site in the PM if you want to test.

Hi Falgener,

I downloaded your module and the xml export works great, thank you.

Is there any way to export the products as csv and not xml - PS version 1.6?

Regards,

Nicu.

Hi Nicu,

Yes, send me an email, I'll send you csv version.

Hi Navid.

Import module support only xml structure exported with this module. http://netvianet.com/prestashop-module/39-export-xml-products-free.html

It will not work with converted xml from excel.

I send You access to the test site in the PM if you want to test.

Hi, 

We need the import module to import XML created by a software.

Basically, XML is generated every time product is created on the soft and we want to import automatically the file every day. (here a very basic draw to understand : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22471920/xmlimport.jpg )

From my side, your module does what we want.

But, can you, please, confirm it'll work? And please, send me the access to the test site? To know how to build the XML.

And, other question, is there any plan to support the products attachments? If any, when?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by tdtkt (see edit history)

Hi, 

We need the import module to import XML created by a software.

Basically, XML is generated every time product is created on the soft and we want to import automatically the file every day. (here a very basic draw to understand : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22471920/xmlimport.jpg )

From my side, your module does what we want.

But, can you, please, confirm it'll work? And please, send me the access to the test site? To know how to build the XML.

And, other question, is there any plan to support the products attachments? If any, when?

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Products attachments are saved in root/download/ directory. Direct access for download attachments is denied in .htaccess. Is possible resolve it (in export module) but I am not sure if is good idea.

If I understand You well, it is import from another software, no from Prestashop.

In this case IMHO will be better write specific XML import.

I send more info in personal message.

• 3 weeks later...

hi good news Meanwhile a update and that's perfectly fine very fast example: 20000 items in 2 hours this is very much faster than the previous version all accessible for your benefit suc6 gr rens ;) :) :) :) :) :D

• 1 month later...

Error  FAILURE STOP : Something wrong with import file (does not exist). Check permission and settings.   Even putting the ip address it says here http://tyx.cz/pretashop-import-xml-products.html#top6 in time manual still having the same error, how to solve. 

Hi,

try put link to xml into browser address bar. You should see xml structure. (But may take a long time if the xml is very big.)

How big is exported xml ?

If you want, send me a link to xml as personal message.

Hi. Just for information

Export from 1.6.0.6 and Import to 1.5.6.2 without any issue! :lol:

Excelent module for everyone who want to escape from [email protected]#$%N$ 1.6... :angry:

That was my first Prestashop "downgrade" and i think not last :(

Probably i will banned
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/343430-prestashop-downgrade-16-15/?do=findComment&comment=1731213

:P

Edited by kisweb (see edit history)

Thanks for the email :D

Just tested the CSV version

Wanna to ask, why the image url in the description can't be exported?

Thanks

Hi,

Products images are exported as full link to original image.

Product description is exported same as original description, but html tags are stripped. (if You export as csv) If there is any image in description and it is only relative path, will remain only relative path. Check this product description. Switch to html  and check html source for this image.

Hi,

Products images are exported as full link to original image.

Product description is exported same as original description, but html tags are stripped. (if You export as csv) If there is any image in description and it is only relative path, will remain only relative path. Check this product description. Switch to html  and check html source for this image.

so there is no way to export product description in the exact  format?

Guess I should stick to the sql thingy

so there is no way to export product description in the exact  format?

Guess I should stick to the sql thingy

Simply delete this line (row 531 in nvn_export_products.php):

$v = strip_tags($v);

Simply delete this line (row 531 in nvn_export_products.php):

$v = strip_tags($v);

Thanks, it works very well

Is there any way to extract only description or other selected attributes?

I tried to export the description and it doesn't work very well when viewing the csv since it's separated by " and the html codes contain lot of "

Thanks, it works very well

Is there any way to extract only description or other selected attributes?

I tried to export the description and it doesn't work very well when viewing the csv since it's separated by " and the html codes contain lot of "

Csv is not ideal format for export html, because if is any tag wrong, is problem.

This is why was there strip_tags.

Csv is not ideal format for export html, because if is any tag wrong, is problem.

This is why was there strip_tags.

Is there any settings to export exact column only like description only or quantity only?

-edit-

Nevermind, I figured out how to do it

Thank you very much for making this module

Edited by codearm2 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

i want to re-install a 1.5.6.2 clean and i want just export/import customers, product and categories.

If i understand all, if install your module on old A.5.6.2 version, i export, and after i install your module in clean version and import that i want ?

good ?

(sorry for my scoolary english)

best regards

Hello,

i want to re-install a 1.5.6.2 clean and i want just export/import customers, product and categories.

If i understand all, if install your module on old A.5.6.2 version, i export, and after i install your module in clean version and import that i want ?

good ?

(sorry for my scoolary english)

best regards

Hi,

it will not work completely accurate as you think.

Because Customers and Orders are not exported.

Only categories, products, combinations, images etc...(All about products) Source site must be online, if You import into new site. (Images are loaded from the source site during the import.)