[closed not solved] PayPal USA, Canada not showing in checkout

kornett

My paypal payment option is not showing up on the available payment methods when trying to do the checkout.

Prestashop: 1.5.4
Paypal module: 1.2.1

I've tried the Live and Sandbox mode, with valid credentials and API settings.

is this a bug???

Using USA and Canada as available countries, USD and EUR currencies by default.

No errors displayed, its like it was disabled but it is ENABLED.

Screenshots attached.

post-472368-0-58031000-1375586096_thumb.jpg

post-472368-0-33672000-1375586103_thumb.jpg

post-472368-0-05837100-1375586104_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

well... its working now... I desperately clicked all the "save" buttons options for each feature and it worked.

Hi, good for you!!! I have exactly the same issue for about 2 weeks. At the end of the check out : NO MODULE HAS BEEN

INSTALLED.

I use paypal advanced so i dont need the API, i use my paypal manager login and all works until the check out.

I try your method right away

I think you still need the API even if you are using paypal advanced.

You can also try using paypal sandbox, if you havent already go to https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/applications/accounts

Login with your current paypal account, and create new "test accounts" with any balance (you can setup $500,$1000, etc)

Then, get your API credentials there and try them in your paypal module.

I think you still need the API even if you are using paypal advanced.

You can also try using paypal sandbox, if you havent already go to https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/applications/accounts

Login with your current paypal account, and create new "test accounts" with any balance (you can setup $500,$1000, etc)

Then, get your API credentials there and try them in your paypal module.

Thanks, im goin to try!!!

• Like 1

My paypal payment option is not showing up on the available payment methods when trying to do the checkout.

Prestashop: 1.5.4

Paypal module: 1.2.1

I've tried the Live and Sandbox mode, with valid credentials and API settings.

is this a bug???

Using USA and Canada as available countries, USD and EUR currencies by default.

No errors displayed, its like it was disabled but it is ENABLED.

Screenshots attached.

I have the same exact problem, I have installed many of the previous versions in the past and I have never had any problems setting up modules.

I just downloaded and installed 1.5.4 an hour ago and just like always the first modules i install are UPS, FEDEX and PayPal. All was going good till I installed the PayPal Module. I added both Sandbox as well as live API credentials and also saved the module and payment configurations.

I then went to try my first checkout and nothing NO PayPal option only the default bank wire and check payments were available. I double checked if the module was disabled in fact I quadruple check to see if I was missing something. But Still Nothing......

So I search google and also searched prestashop forum which lead me to this post. There must be something wrong.

This is the first time I tried to install PS on godaddy servers maybe that could be a problem I know godaddy is garbage but its what my client has. I even check that all the file permissions are correct and uninstalled, reinstalled, reset, disabled and enabled a few time but still nothing.

I really don't have time for this to be broken, Please someone tell me what the last stable version is so I can install it and get this work done.

• Like 1

Thanks, im goin to try!!!

I have the same exact problem, I have installed many of the previous versions in the past and I have never had any problems setting up modules.

I just downloaded and installed 1.5.4 an hour ago and just like always the first modules i install are UPS, FEDEX and PayPal. All was going good till I installed the PayPal Module. I added both Sandbox as well as live API credentials and also saved the module and payment configurations.

I then went to try my first checkout and nothing NO PayPal option only the default bank wire and check payments were available. I double checked if the module was disabled in fact I quadruple check to see if I was missing something. But Still Nothing......

So I search google and also searched prestashop forum which lead me to this post. There must be something wrong.

This is the first time I tried to install PS on godaddy servers maybe that could be a problem I know godaddy is garbage but its what my client has. I even check that all the file permissions are correct and uninstalled, reinstalled, reset, disabled and enabled a few time but still nothing.

I really don't have time for this to be broken, Please someone tell me what the last stable version is so I can install it and get this work done.

Were you able to figure out a solution for this? I am having the same problem. I just switched to Prestashop, and so far it has been a total pain getting PayPal, UPS, and USPS to work.

Edited by jazzin (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I have my shop at Godaddy too (shared linux), and I solved this issue but I did so many things that I can't tell what was the real fix, but here is what I found:

I read there were some issues with the module while using different languages, this because paypal could detect a language according to the country of your visitor, and that language might not match your store language.

The other thing would be the currencies, for example if you have the language "French" you need to enable the Euro Currency.

This is my current configuration, you can set all the same and see if it works for you:

Modules-> Payment

Currency Restriction:

Dollar, Euros (checked)

click Save Restricions (this is important even if you make no changes)

Group Restricions:

Visitor,Guest,Customer (checked)

Country Restrictions:

All Checked.

Then under your Paypal module select "configure" submit

I have "Paypal Payments Standard" (the free plan I have on paypal)

Important: Even if it is selected, click on "Enable selected products" button, so it will overwrite.

Put your API credentials (live or sandbox)

Save again.

As you can see, all I did was click SAVE on each option, to overwrite each setting. That worked for me!

Hope this helps.

Kornett can you tell me which module version are u using and also de prestashop version. Also the kind of items/user for the cart checkout. I've been reading this issue is related to taxes charge so it could be shown in the checkout if you set items in some way or something like that.

Thanks, let's hope this is solved soon.

What do you mean by Paypal Standard. I've only seen two modules: Europe and USA-Canada-Mexico. Do you have the link to download it?

I am using the USA-Canada module. I was able to set up PayPal standard with this module, but not PayPal advanced.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I add a "me too" to this issue, with slightly different version information:

PayPal USA, Canada Installed  Version :  1.2.5

Prestashop version: 1.5.3.1

The issue is still the same: the PayPal module is enabled, I've given it my API information, and Currency Restrictions, Group Restrictions and Country Restrictions all show the PayPal module as checked. However, when checking out, I get the error, "No payment modules have been installed." I'm stumped, and am seriously considering giving up on Prestashop, because this is so annoying!

Any help would, obviously, be welcome. :)

I am brand new trying to add Presta Shop and PayPal Advanced to my website.  I get an error on my setup page for Advanced Settings

Your PayPal Manager Configuration crendentials are not valid, please double-check their values or contact PayPal.

Everything looks right, any ideas?

I've reported this twice to the prestashop addons team. Not sure what their usual turnaround time is, but i've heard nothing. I could understand if I was trying to do something really weird with the module, but all I want to do is accept credit cards through paypal. It worked for me until sometime early September. There are also other people who have been posting on this problem looking for answers.  Somebody must have an answer for this...

also opened an issue at forge.prestashop.com:

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-10379

Edited by Cory Heikel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I've reported this twice to the prestashop addons team. Not sure what their usual turnaround time is, but i've heard nothing. I could understand if I was trying to do something really weird with the module, but all I want to do is accept credit cards through paypal. It worked for me until sometime early September. There are also other people who have been posting on this problem looking for answers.  Somebody must have an answer for this...

also opened an issue at forge.prestashop.com:

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-10379

Seriously! Can we get some help? This is a frustrating issue and PayPal is a much needed tool in order to process transactions.

Guys, since I solved this with my store, and I see you are having a hard time with this, I created a new store from scratch to find out how to solve it.

Follow this steps EXACTLY:

1.- Go to Modules - Payment, select Paypal modulo (configure) so you can see Paypal Admin Settings.

2.-On: 

Which PayPal Product(s) would you like to enable?

2.1: Select Paypal Payments Advanced (yes even if you don't have advanced) and click Enable Selected Products.

2.2: Select Paypal Payments Standard and click again Enable Selected Products.

2.3: Select Checkbox for Paypal Express Checkout, and once again click Enable Selected Products.

Refresh your cart, and you will see the paypal button.

Doing this steps overwrites the options, so yes this is a bug and I don't know why it hasn't been solved.

Another things to consider in case the above doesn't work:

Add Euro currency

Import French language on Localization/Translations

Check Paypal is Enabled in ALL COUNTRIES on Modules - Payment (yes even if the module says canada,usa and mexico only)

Check Euro and Dollar are enabled on Modules - Payment

Like I said, I fixed this issue again for you guys with a brand new prestashop 1.5.5 instance, so please follow the above steps and you should fix it too.

Buy me a beer if you do.

Edited by kornett (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Guys, since I solved this with my store, and I see you are having a hard time with this, I created a new store from scratch to find out how to solve it.

1.- Go to Modules - Payment, select Paypal modulo (configure) so you can see Paypal Admin Settings.

2.-On: 

2.1: Select Paypal Payments Advanced (yes even if you don't have advanced) and click Enable Selected Products.

2.3: Select Checkbox for Paypal Express Checkout, and once again click Enable Selected Products.

Doing this steps overwrites the options, so yes this is a bug and I don't know why it hasn't been solved.

Add Euro currency

Check Paypal is Enabled in ALL COUNTRIES on Modules - Payment (yes even if the module says canada,usa and mexico only)

Like I said, I fixed this issue again for you guys with a brand new prestashop 1.5.5 instance, so please follow the above steps and you should fix it too.

Buy me a beer if you do.

Fantastic!! It worked!! 

Thank you soooo much for taking the time to do this :) - I will send you a 12pack!

• Like 1

2.-On: 

Add Euro currency

Buy me a beer if you do.

This just worked for me too.... thanks !!!

This error (""No payment modules have been installed.") is due to missing contact configuration.

In order to "fix it" go to Preferences > Store Contacts and fill in the Contact Details section..

The PayPalUSA module (looking at 1.2.5) looks for the PS_SHOP_COUNTRY_ID configuration setting, which is not set if you dont fill in the contact details. It will than happily fail a check in the subsequent hookPayment() call as  _shop_country is not properly initialized.. 

Hope that helps :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This error (""No payment modules have been installed.") is due to missing contact configuration.

In order to "fix it" go to Preferences > Store Contacts and fill in the Contact Details section..

The PayPalUSA module (looking at 1.2.5) looks for the PS_SHOP_COUNTRY_ID configuration setting, which is not set if you dont fill in the contact details. It will than happily fail a check in the subsequent hookPayment() call as  _shop_country is not properly initialized.. 

Thanks a lot, I spent countless hours trying to make paypal work. Your solution is the only thing that worked!!!!

• Like 1

This works on 1.2.6. thanks a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Everybody on 1.5x should also update the classes/hooks.php fix from Github here, https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/768/files

Without this fix, you may also have PayPal not showing. Please make sure to backup everything before you change this file. Keep me posted if you have any issues. Thank you !

Does not work for me :(

Edited by ORLOTECH (see edit history)

This worked for me. Thanks a million!

Does not work for me :(

Hi ORLOTECH , have you tried the solution below?

Hi, Benjamin. Do you think that this could be related to this error displayed in the express-checkout?

Notice: Undefined index: isPaymentStep in/home/xxx/public_html/cache/smarty/compile/16/79/ae/1679ae9a2b929ef6c9fb38272bb12ec78e086f4f.file.express-checkout.tpl.php on line 34

That specific line is empty, but the line 35 is this:

<?php if (($_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['page_name']->value=='order'&&(!isset($_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['paypal_usa_express_checkout_no_token']->value)||!$_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['paypal_usa_express_checkout_no_token']->value)&&((isset($_GET['step'])&&$_GET['step']>1)||(isset($_POST['step'])&&$_POST['step']>1)))||($_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['page_name']->value=='order-opc'&&$_GET['isPaymentStep']==true&&isset($_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['paypal_usa_express_checkout_hook_payment']->value))){?>

For me, it seems like it's trying to get something from the database :/

Hi, Benjamin. Do you think that this could be related to this error displayed in the express-checkout?

Notice: Undefined index: isPaymentStep in/home/xxx/public_html/cache/smarty/compile/16/79/ae/1679ae9a2b929ef6c9fb38272bb12ec78e086f4f.file.express-checkout.tpl.php on line 34

That specific line is empty, but the line 35 is this:

<?php if (($_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['page_name']->value=='order'&&(!isset($_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['paypal_usa_express_checkout_no_token']->value)||!$_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['paypal_usa_express_checkout_no_token']->value)&&((isset($_GET['step'])&&$_GET['step']>1)||(isset($_POST['step'])&&$_POST['step']>1)))||($_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['page_name']->value=='order-opc'&&$_GET['isPaymentStep']==true&&isset($_smarty_tpl->tpl_vars['paypal_usa_express_checkout_hook_payment']->value))){?>

For me, it seems like it's trying to get something from the database :/

Hello, in your BackOffice/Advanced Parameters/Performance. Can you tell what the first 3 settings are set to? Also, follow this link to clear your smarty cache. http://www.templatemonster.com/help/prestashop-how-to-clear-smarty-cache.html

Make sure to have a backup available !

I cleared the smarty folders and the tmp images, but it still shows the error:

Notice: Undefined index: isPaymentStep in /home/pcxcommx/xxx/cache/smarty/compile/16/79/ae/1679ae9a2b929ef6c9fb38272bb12ec78e086f4f.file.express-checkout.tpl.php on line 34

It only happens with this module. I've installed Paypal Europe and it didn't show any error on the payment step. The problem was that in the modules section in the B.O. it was disabled everytime I tried to activate it :P

• 2 weeks later...

new user here... got my store configured for the most part... but the paypal api does not seem to work.  I tried the proposed solutions above... no go.

Using PS 1.5.4.1 and PP USAMexicoCanada 1.2.7.  There is just no button at the end of the process (step 5)... no way to pay.  :(

For what it's worth... I upgraded PS to 1.5.6.1 and it is no different.  I see the credit card logo icons, but there is no text telling the customer to click on them (so they will probably miss that this is what is supposed to be clicked on).  Also, clicking on the icons yields a failure at the checkout prompt... unless like previously posted... I click the PayPal Payflow link and select express checkout also... then the checkout process will work.  

However, this solution does not work for me as I need the customer to click accept on the terms and conditions prior to checkout.  

Also, this problem is the same no matter if 1 page or 5 page checkout.  Also, the wording around the paypal logo/button changes or is invisible depending on the paypal option selected.  

Bottom line... this API seems buggy?  After spending time getting the store set up, is it a worthless exercise because I do not have a paypal gateway for PS??  Please say it isn't so..  :wacko:

• Like 1

Prestashop 1.5.6.1. Ok, after installing the Paypal module and configure it. When a client try to check out they see the paypal logo and when they click on it to make a payment they get the following message.

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

Your purchase couldn't be completed

There's a problem with the merchant's PayPal account. Please try again later.

I called paypal tech support they told me it's a bug within prestashop, 

Has anyone else experience this problem?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Yes... I have this same error if I pick PayPal Standard... exactly the same error... the above posted solutions do not work to fix it. :(

Me too though I have resolved to an extent. Try checking:

• The countries you have enabled in localisations/countries
  • From your own account logon address, check that your registered country is also in the list of countries for which your site is active
  • Finally, my module shows in all browsers apart from Chrome. For some reason it does not show in Chrome - great hey :( . What browser are you using to test?

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the country settings above... It does not seem to matter if I use Chrome or IE... nor does it seem to matter if I use Windows 8 (IE 11) or Windows 7 (with Chrome & IE 9).  Just seems to be a bug in the interface of the PayPal API...

Is there support for this or are we finished before we start? :(

In paypal....go to the "profile tab"......select "my selling tools".......go down on the very bottom inside a block you will find the following title "encrypted payment settings"...open that up and see if you have any encryption on.

I am speaking from memory which is not very good lately but before you do anything with encryption, call paypal tech support (very friendly) and make sure they walk you through turning off encryption. It worked for me. 

Keep in mind that if you operate an E.commerce without encryption it is unsafe but at least it gets you started. Once you get that going then you have to find a way to encrypt your transactions. I will be doing that next week after i recover from this weeks headaches caused by prestashop software   :). i will keep everyone posted if i go any further.

• Like 1

2.-On: 

Add Euro currency

Buy me a beer if you do.

Ok I have tried this and it seems to work. However, I do not want the Express Checkout option - I only want the regular PayPal option. The problem with the Express is that it allows the user to bypass registering for an account and agreeing to terms and conditions and most importantly - skipping the shipping option.

So while your solution works, is there a way we can just get this module to work correctly or use your method but not with Express Checkout enabled. 

• 2 weeks later...

This still does not work... The error remains... Express Checkout is not a good option as I need folks to click on Agree to Terms and Conditions.  Express checkout would bypass this.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled also... and it still doesn't work.  Can someone please look into this?  Also, maybe change the topic title to indicate that it is not solved? 

Not sure if this is the problem... but when I go to my sandbox account I can only select "PayPal Digital Goods(Express Checkout)" for a payment solution.  I can't change my payment solution to PayPal standard.  I don't know if this feeds back to Prestashop and only allows the express checkout button to work.  I have the same problem where only the button shows up, and I cant get the standard checkout button to show up.  (As usual, the European module works)

Maybe somebody with more experience could verify if they can change their payment solution in sandbox, and if this would affect the behaviour of prestashop?

Also wondering if everyone who is having this problem is only having the problem because we are using the sandbox, and it will work when we go live?

Edited by bugmapper (see edit history)

Not sure if this is the problem... but when I go to my sandbox account I can only select "PayPal Digital Goods(Express Checkout)" for a payment solution.  I can't change my payment solution to PayPal standard.  I don't know if this feeds back to Prestashop and only allows the express checkout button to work.  I have the same problem where only the button shows up, and I cant get the standard checkout button to show up.  (As usual, the European module works)

Maybe somebody with more experience could verify if they can change their payment solution in sandbox, and if this would affect the behaviour of prestashop?

Also wondering if everyone who is having this problem is only having the problem because we are using the sandbox, and it will work when we go live?

Hello, have you turned it on to live to test to see if it works? It should be fine but PayPal USA is having a couple bugs we are trying to work out. If you want to use PayPal standard, then you should try the PayPal Europe module because that seems to be more stable now. 

Hello, have you turned it on to live to test to see if it works? It should be fine but PayPal USA is having a couple bugs we are trying to work out. If you want to use PayPal standard, then you should try the PayPal Europe module because that seems to be more stable now. 

This still continues to be a problem... Where is the Europe version module located?  All I see are the USA,Canada version and the PRO version for $199... 

Nahh, I gave up on the USA,Canada, Mexico module and just installed the European module.  I seems to work well enough. 

Now I have to wrestle with the Canada Post module that doesn't seem to work either...

So... I downloaded and installed the above Europe version and am now met with a new error...

A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report:

PayPal response:
TIMESTAMP -> 2014-01-05T14:02:42Z
L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002
L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error
L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid
L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Any ideas??  I would really just like to be able to use Paypal for my customers... never thought this would end up being the hard part of setting up this site?!?!?

I'm no expert, but the first thing that comes to mind is that your SSL certificate is expired, or you do not have one and PayPal might require it.

Something easier to check would be to confirm all of your login information for your PayPal accounts and testing accounts.  If you are using the sandbox testing site, make sure you enter the correct API signature, login etc.  not the ones for your live account.  Also check to make sure that you have created and entered the correct login information for your "fake" buyer when you purchase from your website.

Also, I am in Canada so I don't know if your PayPal account will behave differently if you are in the US of A or elsewhere.

Well, I guess I join the "PayPal module doesn't show up club."

Does NOT show up in the checkout page payment options despite inumerable attempts.

Presta 1.5.6

Payflow Link - This is ALL we need to get working at this time (not Advanced or any other PayPal option)

PayPal USA module version 1.3.0

Currency USD

Countries payment accepted US only

Current SSL (not expired)

I do have a PayPal Link account. I've logged in and set the "enable secure token" (even though this is appears to ONLY apply to Advanced) - but this didn't resolve anything. I've toggled this on and off, checking for anything that might get this to show up.

I've also created another Admin user in PayPal Manager with the proper credentials. Still doesn't show up.

Under Modules-Payment-PayPal:

Checking PayPal Payflow Link forces you to enter in the Advanced Settings - which makes no sense, since it says this is for the PayPal Payments Advanced.  So I've entered this anyway - still doesn't show up.

Tried setting it to Live - doesn't show. Tried sandbox - doesn't show.

I do have Merchant-E module working - but disabled that just to see if PayPal will show up.  Nope.

I've even entered in the API settings just in case - still doesn't show up.

I do get the green bar after any configurations are made indicating "your configuration was updated sucessfully", but nothing I do succeeds in getting the PayPal payment option to show up under checkout.

Finally - I gave up entirely. Disabled the module, deleted it, confirmed deletion of all files in FTP, then reinstalled the latest version (released just today in fact) - and reconfigured everything.  STILL doesn't show up.

This is truly maddening.

Edited by Aardvark1971 (see edit history)

This is truly maddening.

I could not agree more.

I know the developers at PS are intelligent and work hard, but it is reckless to release code that is essentially useless for 98% (or 50% or 33.3%, etc.) of the people who attempt to use it. And especially so with such an integral and important module as the PayPal module.

Try the PayPal for Europe module. It works fine for merchants based in North America. Make sure to uninstall the USA module through the BO, then make sure the USA module directory is gone from your site's module directory, before installing the Europe module. 

Does the Europe version support Payflow Link?  This is crucial for us.

Hmm, doesn't look like it.  Installed Europe module as everyone suggests, entered in API info - PayPal payment option shows up on the checkout page!

But - no Link functionality - takes customer offsite to make payment!

Doesn't look like Payflow Link is supported (not in any of the setup screens) unless somebody has learned otherwise.

I do have PayPal in the process of creating a new configuration, but at this point, I've absolutely no idea if I can EVER get the Payflow Link to work. If it's not in the Europe version - and the USA version refuses to run - then ??

Sigh... Prestaship is full of endless problems. 1 step forward means 10 steps back. 2 months of this s%*t and counting. No, I am most definitely not happy. I've spent close a $1000 in add ons and at least $10k in development costs just to find out I can't get paid like I thought. And I keep delaying the launch date, again and again. Grrrrr.

Edited by Aardvark1971 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Sigh... Prestaship is full of endless problems. 1 step forward means 10 steps back. 2 months of this s%*t and counting. No, I am most definitely not happy. I've spent close a $1000 in add ons and at least $10k in development costs just to find out I can't get paid like I thought. And I keep delaying the launch date, again and again. Grrrrr.

Well, you beat me with the $10k in costs, but I've been trying to overcome problems for 2 years, and still no launch.  Good thing I don't depend upon Prestashop for an income.

Maybe you want to switch from PayPal to another service to handle your payments.

Michael777,

Can you check some suggestions they mention here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1712685/express-checkout-error-message-security-header-is-not-valid

Especially they mention a trailing space character at the end of your login info strings, but there are some other suggestions as well.

Maybe there's something in there that's useful in your case. As fas as I heard/read, PayPal Europe should be working if set up correctly. (But there are always those exeptions... :-((  )

Please let us know how it goes...

pascal

Bugmapper,

Do I understand correctly that you at the moment use PayPal Europe and (at least) that works for you? Or do you still have problems with the module?

About your other concerns/problems (2 years! Seems to me you're an extreme patient and persistent person ;-)  ) Maybe Message me a list. maybe I can try to help you solve a few of them.

pascal.

Bugmapper,

Do I understand correctly that you at the moment use PayPal Europe and (at least) that works for you? Or do you still have problems with the module?

About your other concerns/problems (2 years! Seems to me you're an extreme patient and persistent person ;-)  ) Maybe Message me a list. maybe I can try to help you solve a few of them.

pascal.

Yup, It looks like PayPal Europe module is working for us, (although we haven't gone live yet).  Thanks.

I'm near the end of the problems, just trying to fix the invoice template.  (Patient and persistent... or really poor at coding!)

I have it working now on Prestashop 1.5.4.1

Previous Problem:

3 hours spent trying to get my PayPal Payments Advance to configure with PayPal Manager. I received all the errors everyone else incurred.

Fix:

Using the PayPal Manager:

(1) Create a new User with Admin privileges.

(2) Logout out of PayPal Manager.

(3) Log in with new PayPal Manager user.

(4) PayPal will ask to create a new password for the new user. This seems to be very important and will stop the Prestashop PayPal integration because the password is "wrong".

(5) Make new password then put in Prestashop PayPal config.

Bam! Works!

• Like 1

Nope, still doesn't show up. 

Installed "latest software", PayPal USA version 1.3.1. 

Checked my advanced settings, user has ADMIN privileges. 

Logged into PayPal Manager under that username - it did ask me to change password, which I did.

Went back and changed password in advanced settings in the module. 

PayPal option during checkout still does NOT show up as before.

I've also followed the "instructions" to "enable secure token".  Could be where this is wrong - I'm NOT using Advanced, I've selected PayPal Link because that's what I have with PayPal.

I'm trying to get PayPal Link to show up on the screen as a payment option.  It's never showed up even once in the past several weeks of effort.

I've also ensured that I have a LIVE account with PayPal under this login.

• Like 1

Hey guys. I just did an update of PrestaShop, Authorize and Paypal. I am running a bit late so I haven't fully been able to test this out but it "appears" to be working. I will check later on tonight but if anyone else can see if this update has finally fixed the problem, that would be great! Here's hoping.

Really?  Thanks for the news!  Let's hope it works this time.

The update is out. The latest version is 1.3.1

Please make sure to backup before making the module changes. http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/8277-paypalusa.html

If you are still encountering errors please be specific about which type of PayPal account are you setting up. Standard, PayFlow, Express etc.. 

The paypal (v3.6.4-PayPal Europe) is not working (not showing on checkout payment page) on prestashop 1.5.6.2

i revert to prestashop 1.5.6.1 and it's working again...

these micro-updates from prestashop team are ruining the prestashop's integrity,

in each update, I see myself forced to fix tons of new bugs, and I'm no coder...

I love the prestashop comunity and prestashop team, but updates like this should be in beta.

If you are still encountering errors please be specific about which type of PayPal account are you setting up. Standard, PayFlow, Express etc.. 

It does not work. Payment option during checkout does not show up on the screen and never has.

Prestashop 1.5.6

PayPal USA 1.3.1

PayPal Link

I've had PayPal setup a new Live PayPal Link account, obtained a new VAR from my processor, created a new Admin user in PayPal manager (different then the primary Admin of course), entered in all the correct information for Advanced setup (why this is required for LINK is unknown to me - but it seems to be required, even though Advance is NOT the same as Link).  API setup is left blank.

I have tried every possible combination recommended on this board, reading through every thread, including setting secure tokens (didn't work), configuring the PayPal setups in PayPal Manager (return URL's and so forth), trying to configure Layout C and virtually everything others have recommended to get this piece of dung to work.

Nothing shows up on the checkout screen as a PayPal payment option and never has. 

Those that say it works are apparently not using PayPal Link.  They're either using Standard, Advanced or Express. I did get Standard to appear as a payment option - but it's not what I need.  I have my own merchant account and without Link, I can't use it.

I do have another payment module from Merchant-E which does show up - and workes fine for credit card payments, worked the very first time, no problems.  I've even temporarily disabled this module just to "see" if PayPal would finally show up (didn't work).  But Merchant-E is missing something critical - called "reference transactions" and that is the only reason I keep trying to use PayPal, otherwise I'd chuck this piece of shit into the deep ocean.

Do I sound frustrated?  Well damn, it should not take WEEKS of screwing around to get what should be a bolt-on module to work.

Can't believe that this is such a nightmare. It's definitely NOT ready for release, since posting this problem on the board many others have weighed in that the module does not work for them either.

• Like 1

It does not work. Payment option during checkout does not show up on the screen and never has.

Prestashop 1.5.6

PayPal USA 1.3.1

PayPal Link

I've had PayPal setup a new Live PayPal Link account, obtained a new VAR from my processor, created a new Admin user in PayPal manager (different then the primary Admin of course), entered in all the correct information for Advanced setup (why this is required for LINK is unknown to me - but it seems to be required, even though Advance is NOT the same as Link).  API setup is left blank.

I have tried every possible combination recommended on this board, reading through every thread, including setting secure tokens (didn't work), configuring the PayPal setups in PayPal Manager (return URL's and so forth), trying to configure Layout C and virtually everything others have recommended to get this piece of dung to work.

Nothing shows up on the checkout screen as a PayPal payment option and never has. 

Those that say it works are apparently not using PayPal Link.  They're either using Standard, Advanced or Express. I did get Standard to appear as a payment option - but it's not what I need.  I have my own merchant account and without Link, I can't use it.

I do have another payment module from Merchant-E which does show up - and workes fine for credit card payments, worked the very first time, no problems.  I've even temporarily disabled this module just to "see" if PayPal would finally show up (didn't work).  But Merchant-E is missing something critical - called "reference transactions" and that is the only reason I keep trying to use PayPal, otherwise I'd chuck this piece of shit into the deep ocean.

Do I sound frustrated?  Well damn, it should not take WEEKS of screwing around to get what should be a bolt-on module to work.

Can't believe that this is such a nightmare. It's definitely NOT ready for release, since posting this problem on the board many others have weighed in that the module does not work for them either.

I feel your pain my friend...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Please make sure to backup before making the module changes. http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/8277-paypalusa.html

Hi, Thank you for replying.  I am still getting "Your PayPal Manager Configuration crendentials are not valid, please double-check their values or contact PayPal." I am running PS 1.5.6.1 and Paypal Module 1.3.1

I am trying to enable paypal payments advanced.  I have entered in my API Info in the regular box.  I have also entered my user info in the new box that appears.  

I enabled paypal payflow link and that error disappeared after I hit save settings.  

Unfortunately however I cannot find the paypal option when I go to do a test checkout.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having a similar issue with PayPal USA.  I believe this did work at one time but has stopped for no reason--possibly because of the module update.  We are using PayPal advanced and have all information properly inputted in both Prestashop and PayPal.  The PayPal module shows up upon checkout and will take payment, but doesnt show the transaction has completed.  In Firefox, it will show the home page for Mobile (within the PayPal module) after submitting payment, and in Chrome it continually shows "Processing payment" and doesnt change.  In both circumstances, money is taken and shows up in PayPal.com as name/email "not provided".  I am using 1.5.6.0 and PayPal Module 1.3.3.

I originally had high hopes for Prestashop.  It really looked promising at first.  I spent 12 years with x-cart and was hoping for a newer/better solution.  After reading 5 pages of equally upset customers who cant receive payment as well as having my new site go blank after upgrading to 1.6, I just dont feel this cart is ready for any live stores.  It's equally disheartening to call and get tech support, only to hear "that will be $400" please.  I want Prestashop to be the best, to make money and continue to improve, but I have not seen it happen within the year I've used it and now my customer can't make money either.

• 3 months later...

I have it working now on Prestashop 1.5.4.1

Previous Problem:

3 hours spent trying to get my PayPal Payments Advance to configure with PayPal Manager. I received all the errors everyone else incurred.

Fix:

Using the PayPal Manager:

(1) Create a new User with Admin privileges.

(2) Logout out of PayPal Manager.

(3) Log in with new PayPal Manager user.

(4) PayPal will ask to create a new password for the new user. This seems to be very important and will stop the Prestashop PayPal integration because the password is "wrong".

(5) Make new password then put in Prestashop PayPal config.

Bam! Works!

After spending days trying everything before this in the post and other things I've found online this was the fix for me! Thank you so much!

It seems to not work with the default login info, which I get but I would have never thought that I had to change the login credentials on the first log in to that user account.

Prestashop 1.6.0.8

PayPal module 1.3.4

I do have upto date SSL and location info.

PayPal payments Advanced

• 1 month later...

PrestashopNewbie is correct, this worked for me as well. To start, my set up was originally working before I changed the email address for all orders. It took 3 days of searching before I came to this solution. To all beginners, before you enable the PayPal module, make sure that the email address you are using to send the order confirmation info is the one you want to stay with. If you decide to change, used the information above to get it working. My current settings:

Prestashop 1.6.0.8

PayPal module 1.3.8

I do have upto date SSL and location info.

PayPal payments Advanced

Edited by kdmonk1 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

the above does not work for me. PayPal advanced does not show. Using 1.6.0.9. The paypal standard does work, but the cart details like size and color do not pass onto PayPal. When customers pays through the PayPal standard option i do not receive a new order on backend? I just get new customer registered. 

Any help out there?

Thanks