[SOLVED] Customer Account Log In Error All go to 404 Page Not Available

We are getting ready to link our shop onto our website. The shop can be viewed at www.hospitalitysafety.info/store/prestashop

The problem that we are having is when you click on the "Log In" at the top right hand corner or click on any of the "My Account Links" in the footer of the page it takes you to a 404 Page Not Available Error.

We have gone through and reset all of the account modules, created some test customer accounts through the back office side, and searched every module to find out where this links are generating from and what the problem could be, with no success.

If you have experienced this problem or have any idea how we can fix this issue your help is greatly appreciated as this is the only issue preventing us from launching our online store.

Thank you!

Cory

Benjamin:

Thank you for the reply. Yes for some reason the forums were not validating automatically or something but glad I could access them now.

I have done the 1-Click Update but I'm not able to locate a tab to regenerate the htaccess code. Where would I find this ability and I will give it a try.

Thank you!

Cory

Cool, what version did you upgrade from? Tell us your history with your current PrestaShop store in terms of what version you started, what versions did you upgrade to, why did you upgrade? new features or what problems (if any) did you encounter that had you upgrade?

Also, make sure that you have a backup of your SQL database and PrestaShop files. Then go to Preferences>SEO and URL's and turn friendly URL off>save>turn friendly URL back on>save then clear the browser cache and try again.

This is our first time working with Prestashop so we installed the 1 click upgrade module to make sure as we developed our store we could keep things up to date.

I was so hopeful with your reply on turning the friendly URL off, saving and then turning it back on and saving. However, sadly to say that did not fix the problem. We are still not be directed to the proper file when using the links to access the customer log in screen.

Thank you!

Thank you for the suggestion on removing that line of code. Still not working. We may need to utilize a different e-commerce solution as this has been holding up the launch of our store for over a week. We can't launch the store if customers can't create accounts or log in. Not sure what else to do other than switch to another e-commerce solution and start over with something that has support to fix major issues like this :-(

Razaro you are my hero! That was the fix that we needed. Thank you so much. Prestashop should be thankful for you saving us from changing ecommerce providers. Kudos for helping to resolve this problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Try in Preferences > SEO & URL to enable option "Disable apache multiviews", default is No so

choose Yes. That helps with some hosting providers, like Go Daddy .

Thank you! I ran into the same trouble but this fixed it!