(partly solved) SSL & iFrame does not work in my case with FireFox/InternetExplorer

EDIT: firefox stopped loading iframe for the legal disclaimer out of nowhere

-after- enabling SSL - rad on at the bottom...pls.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I make use of a 1:1 clone of our productive shop ps1541 and the new problem is that

on our productive shop the iframe with the legal disclaimer customers have to accept

during the order process does pop up but without content.

It is just a white box.

Funny stuff is that this is only the case for the productive page.

Moreover it is related to Firefox! I just tested Chrome and this does show the iframe as intended.

On both pages. So, what the heck can be the reason that Firefox has problems with the iframe on

the productive page where Chrome has none?

PS:

Yes, I ctrl-shift.deleted all stored data in Firefox, switched off smarty cache in PS though that was not neccessary since it is Firefox related.

I searched the net and forum but without luck, so may be someone stumbled over this before and has solution?!

Edited by B.Köring (see edit history)

Hi B,

Things to try:

- Start Firefox in safe mode (or other use other way to turn off all add-ons) and see if this helps.

- try to write out the full URL (src="www.mysuperdomain.com/filename.html"), not only src="filename.html"

- try to add a ? at the end of the filepath, i.e. src="www.mysuperdomain.com/filename.html?"

- do you have an ad-blocker running in Firefox/PC? turn it off...

Let me know.

pascal

Correctly,

I turned on SSL a few days ago and had that already in mind.

The Firefox stuff I had already tested and the reason for asking here is that the same browser with the same addons does display the iframe correctly on the 1:1 clone and local test site. So I was pretty sure the issue is related to the productive site and its settings. I just could not dig it where the issue came from. May be SSL. A good candidate but no idea how to solve it.

The Template Maker by Stas TPL calls it this way since I read about the

- try to write out the full URL (src="www.mysuperdomain.com/filename.html"), not only src="filename.html"

- try to add a ? at the end of the filepath, i.e. src="www.mysuperdomain.com/filename.html?"

tip too.

07/31 16:04 sorry, this is the proper code.

{if $conditions AND $cms_id}
   <h3 class="condition_title">{l s='Terms of service'}</h3>
   <p class="checkbox">
       <input type="checkbox" name="cgv" id="cgv" value="1" {if $checkedTOS}checked="checked"{/if} />
       <label for="cgv">{l s='I agree to the terms of service and will adhere to them unconditionally.'}</label> <a href="{$link_conditions}" class="iframe">{l s='(Read the Terms of Service)'}</a>
   </p>
   <script type="text/javascript">$('a.iframe').fancybox();</script>
{/if}
</div>

Ok, it is related to SSL.

I started the MS Internet Explorer and this browser (I hadnt used it for ages but it is an actual version) asks me to

allow and show exclusively secured content or all content when it enters ssl secured parts of our Prestashop.

The 1st option does not load the iFrame content the second works then!

Now, after understanding this, I might find some information and hoepfully a solution in the Prestashop forum if I might know the right search terms. "iframe and SSL" showed up no solution in the search :(

Please help me out since I notice increasing number of carts that are not converting! :(

Since I am no coder I can not help me out this time but I can tell you that the PayPal 3.4.8 iframe loads flawlessly.

Could help myself with Vekia's hint on SSL. May be the user eleazar jokes now abouta journey to self-discovery processes and enlightenment :rolleyes:

I switched the {$link_conditions} with the https://realpath and now it works.

<p class="checkbox">
<input type="checkbox" name="cgv" id="cgv" value="1" {if $checkedTOS}checked="checked"{/if} />

<!--<label for="cgv">{l s='I agree to the terms of service and will adhere to them unconditionally.'}</label> <a href="{$link_conditions}" class="iframe">{l s='(Read the Terms of Service)'}</a>
-->
 <label for="cgv">{l s='I agree to the terms of service and will adhere to them unconditionally.'}</label> <a href="https://www.gruenes-spielzeug.de/content/8-gesetzliche-informationen?content_only=1" class="iframe">{l s='(Read the Terms of Service)'}</a>
</p>
{/if}

Hower, since I lost now hours again for solving this may be there is another solution or cause that may help other users?

cheers

Boris

• 3 weeks later...

Hello B.Köring

I have had the same problem not beeing able to read the Terms and Services when SSL is on.

Well, your solution works, but the padlock icon in the browser goes away if i click on the link and the page is not encrypted completely anymore. So, not good, not good. :-)

I have this problem in all the browsers, not just FF or IE.

Did you do something else to solve this problem or does it work completely with just hardcoding the link?

Greetings Nihi

• 2 weeks later...

Nihi, best you try it yourself since I did not check wether rewriting the link could break security. So I wont give hints here and, well, I am just a user and I would hope some or at least one of the mods or power users could tell us what is going on here.

cheers

Boris

• 2 months later...

Hello everyboy,

I found the solution watching the demo of my template. you need to change the javascript code wich is calling the fancybox

original

<p class="checkbox">

<label for="cgv">{l s='I agree to the terms of service and will adhere to them unconditionally.'}</label> <a href="{$link_conditions}" class="iframe">{l s='(Read the Terms of Service)'}</a>

</p>
{/if} 

change javascript to

<p class="checkbox">

</p>

<script type="text/javascript">
		$(document).ready(function() {
		      $("a.iframe").fancybox({
			    'type' : 'iframe',
			     'width':600,
			      'height':600,
			helpers: {
			      overlay: {
				locked: false
			      }
			  },
			fitToView : true,
			autoSize : false        
		      });
		});
	</script>
{/if} 

and done, everything working good

Edited by pocotabaco (see edit history)

ok, so the code for javascript must be this one:

$("a.iframe").click(function() {
 $.fancybox({
  'hideOnContentClick': false,
  'autoScale': false,
  'maxWidth'	: 640,
  'maxHeight'	: 480,
  'fitToView'	: false,
  'width'	: '70%',
  'height'	: '70%',
  'transitionIn': 'none',
  'transitionOut': 'none',
 }); // fancybox
 return false;
}); // click

and the result:

<p class="checkbox">

</p>

$.fancybox({
   }); // fancybox
 return false;
}); // click

});
</script>
{/if} 
Edited by pocotabaco (see edit history)

i tried your code but absolutely not working for me :-/

Works only if I add full link, but it is not enough because website have 2 languages, so dynamicly translated conditions would be nice

maybe it happened to me because i moved conditions content from order-carrier.tpl to order-payment.tpl?

Edited by ipete (see edit history)

i tried your code but absolutely not working for me :-/

Works only if I add full link, but it is not enough because website have 2 languages, so dynamicly translated conditions would be nice

maybe it happened to me because i moved conditions content from order-carrier.tpl to order-payment.tpl?

what you meant by "not working"

you've got some error codes in console log? or what?

ok, so the code for javascript must be this one:

$.fancybox({
 }); // fancybox
 return false;
}); // click

and the result:

<p class="checkbox">

</p>

$.fancybox({
   }); // fancybox
 return false;
}); // click

});
</script>
{/if} 

there is no difference, it will not work on secured pages.

• 1 month later...

it's a fresh solution :) i submitet ticked about this case, and in the future releases this problem will be definitely fixed 

thank you for your patience :)

I did the change, but in IE my iframe still does not opening :(

One time IE asked me "do you want to show only secure content", and when i click "yes" the iframe opened. But now I cant see the question again, and if the iframe open without clicking anything will be better.

How can i solve this problem, please help. 

(The "bank" does not approve my website without solving this problem :/ )

ie-iframe-problem.jpg

Edited by ajnglagla (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...