Cant view shop [an error occurred while processing this directive]

Hello we are using prestashop 1.5.3.1. The site is closed for maintenance. Today we suddenly had an error message when we clicked on View Shop which said

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

I've tried enabling the shop to see if that helped but no joy. What has happened to our shop? Can anyone advise us please? Our host is Bluehost.

Just an update. I've been in touch with Bluehost and they say its nothing to do them! Not surprising. By the way if anyone is thinking of using them I wouldnt recommend them for the simple reason that their live support chat team deal with several people at the same time. Its frustrating as it takes ages (hours sometimes) to get simple things resolved as they keep disappearing to chat to other customers and then when they return they get confused about the problem. Terrible! So this error may be prestashop?

Thank you Vekia. You really are my star as you help me with so many tricky issues! I didnt know Bluehost had this forum. I followed their advice i.e. check file permissions and add another apache handler but it hasnt worked. But thanks to you at least I can see if there is more help within the forum. The strangest thing about this issue is that the website has been working fine for weeks. The client has been adding the products and then suddenly yesterday she had this error message. She doesnt have ftp, cpanel or php access so I dont think its something she has done but we can't view the website at all.

I can access the php log file. It shows several errors coming up time and time again. These are:

PHP Warning: Wrong parameter count for clearstatcache() in /home4/website/public_html/classes/ImageManager.php on line 122

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getAdminLink() on a non-object in /home4/website/public_html/classes/module/Module.php on line 1071

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getAdminLink() on a non-object in /home4/website/public_html/classes/module/Module.php on line 1071

Do these messages offer any clues? I am very concerned because this problem suddenly happened without anything major being changed to the website.

No I havent done anything to the modules for weeks, actually its probably more like a few months now. The client was adding and editing products and changing some of the CMS pages. I am going to try disabling the non standard modules in case that helps.

I dont know if this is relevant but the client has confirmed that the error started yesterday and the only error log for that day is

PHP Warning: Wrong parameter count for clearstatcache() in /home4/website/public_html/classes/ImageManager.php on line 122

Hello. I am still struggling with this issue. In case anyone can help I have been told this by Bluehost today.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

This is usually related to password protected directories,

folder/file permissions, or security plugins installed to the domain altering the .htaccess.

You can check your files to ensure they meet the proper file permissions of 0644 and folder

permissions of 0755 via the file manager inside your cPanel. You can also disable your

security plugins or edit the .htaccess to ensure they are not interfering and check for

any password protection for the directories.

I've checked all the folder and file permissions and they all seem fine. So are there any security plugins or modules which I ought to know about? I had my suspicions about the news blog so I've deleted that and regenerate the htaccess.

Can anyone offer any suggestions for what else I can try? I am seriously considering moving the site to a new host but I'd rather get this sorted.

Edited by jen00 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi spring00, it seems that error is actually specific to the servers that one conglomerate owns, I really think the best thing to do would be to call BlueHost again and make sure that there are no PHP problems with regards to permission sets.

I can tell you that this issue has been solved by making the modules folder 755 recursively to include all folders and files within the /modules.

Bluehost have finally replied to my many requests for support. This is what they say has caused the problem. Does this sound right? We customised the default theme with a new banner heading.

There were two problems,

First the php.ini contained a directive that was triggerring a change to how suphp was operating on

the system.

second the dropdown at the top of the theme was consuming above 400-500 megabytes of memory every

time it executed ( I was unwilling to raise it any higher to avoid causing problems with other

accounts on the server )

the piece of code that was causing the problem was this:

line642-657 in /public_html/modules/blocktopmenu/blocktopmenu.php

if (!empty($is_intersected))

{

$this->_menu .= '<li '.$selected.'>';

$this->_menu .= '<a href="'.$category_link.'">'.$category->name.'</a>';

if (count($children))

{

$this->_menu .= '<ul>';

foreach ($children as $child)

$this->getCategory((int)$child['id_category'], (int)$id_lang, (int)$child['id_shop']);

$this->_menu .= '</ul>';

}

$this->_menu .= '</li>';

}

with the above code uncommented the page would not display with 500 megabytes of memory allocated to

the account

with the code commented the front page would display with as little as 36 megabytes of memory a

llocated to the account.

It is currently commented, and the php.ini has been renamed to php.1.ini .

This is a problem with something in your setup of the theme it may be that you have too many categories

or that there is something that the dropdown displays that causes the extra memory (or something is looping). But, it does seem like the dropdown is consuming too much memory, especially if you had multiple users on the page at one time (as i was passing the memory limit of 500 megabytes when I was the only one using it).

Hello we are using prestashop 1.5.3.1. The site is closed for maintenance. Today we suddenly had an error message when we clicked on View Shop which said [an error occurred while processing this directive] I've tried enabling the shop to see if that helped but no joy. What has happened to our shop? Can anyone advise us please? Our host is Bluehost.

I read all your response, and I'm quoting your original post because I am wondering if you remember any changes that you did during this time that may have affected the categories.

Do you have a link to your store, how many categories or subcategories do you have?

It's just strange because I've never seen this error be anything more than a permissions level error. Its definitely a strange response.

What theme are you using?

Sorry what do you mean by derivatives? Since Bluehost made the changes the whole site has tons of problems e.g. the categories showing on the website and different to the ones in the Back Office. The breadcrumbs show a completely confused hierarchy of products within the sub categories.