Avalara Tax - taxes not consistent

Hello,

I've configured the Avalara tax module for a customer and I can't make it works.

It does work on the cart page but when we pay, there is a difference between the cart and the order total with taxes.

It seems that when creating the order, Prestashop recalculate the taxes, and does not use Avalara for this...

Any experience with this module ?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Did you ever get this issue resolved?  I've had a similar problem and narrowed it down to a caching issue with the sales tax on shipping when items in the cart change or are added.  However I can't figure out how to fix it.

I'd be interested to know if you got Avalara working correctly.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

We have just released a Tax module that uses the FREE 3rd party service TaxCloud

The module calculates the exact tax rate by the street address, lets you assign different TIC codes to your products (in case some are not taxed), and it also sends all the information to TaxCloud (which can be used to file your sales tax automatically in many states).

This is the only way to charge the correct taxes for each customers, as there are multiple tax rates for each state, and even multiple rates for a single zip code.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/323869-module-taxcloud-calculates-sales-tax-in-real-time-for-every-state-county-city/

• Like 1

• 9 months later...