[Solved] Favicon not changing in Front Office

Hello All!

I've uploaded the newest favicon in .ico format in the BO. It appears correctly in the BO browser, but is still showing our old logo in the FO browser.

Any ideas why this would be happening? Is there a fix or file issue I need to look into?

I've seen other forum posts about favicon issues but not this exact issue.

PS 1.5.4

post-453147-0-14039200-1374593176_thumb.jpg

Edited by NOSaint (see edit history)

Ok check this out...When I click on the link to my favicon sent from Vekia I see the favicon lol...but when I go to my site directly I still see the old favicon. Any ideas why that would happen?

Does the file need to be named something in particular such as favicon.jpg for it to be recognized if I upload it directly?

When I try to upload through the BO i get the error message that I can only use .ico format.

Benjamin that is the exact site I use as well.

post-453147-0-31454900-1374596405_thumb.jpg

Check your configuration table in the database chances are you have an additional entry favicon.jpg.

If you find one just delete that entry and your icon should now appear not only on the themes page but also in the front office.

I had two different site, both upgrades that were like this.

• Like 5

You the man tdr170! That's exactly what the problem was! Not sure how to mark this as solved, but it certainly is.

So if anyone reads this later...if you have the old favicon showing up in the FO and the new favicon showing up in the BO then you should check out the configuration table in the database. Delete one of the favicon entries...clear cache and all should be fine :)

• Like 1

To mark a topic as [solved] :

- Edit the first post of your topic by clicking on the "Edit" button,

- Click on the "Use full editor" button,

- Add the "[solved]" string at the beginning of your topic title and click on the "Submit Modified Post" button.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/23/2013 at 6:36 PM, tdr170 said:

Check your configuration table in the database chances are you have an additional entry favicon.jpg.

If you find one just delete that entry and your icon should now appear not only on the themes page but also in the front office.

I had two different site, both upgrades that were like this.

Only took me 5 years to find this solution, but thanks to you @tdr170 i finally have fixed my favicon problem I have on my website since PS version 1.2.5 ;)

So thank you very much for the TIP hehehe

Never give up, never surrender!

Cheers!