Defer parsing of JavaScript

I used google speed optimizer.

https://developers.g...2F&mobile=false

Most of the things are done and images will also be done.

But the following things i cant understand. help me out with these.

i removed the module file from the thread.

if you want to use facebook script - it's necessary to include external libraries, there is no way to eliminate it.

i removed the module file from the thread.

what it means? can you elaborate it?

leave facebook link. but what about the other two?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

guys, let me step in here, too. I have the same issue with one big code of js loading:

254.1KiB of JavaScript is parsed during initial page load. Defer parsing JavaScript to reduce blocking of page rendering.

As you can see it is in the cache folder, any idea what that could be and how to defer the parsing and/or add the <script async> tag to it? there are more js files being complained about and I am working on them with Tomer for his (notably free, so thanks for the support) Google+ and FacebookLike modules. But this cache one here above accounts for 50% of the js code complained about.

Phil

Edited by Pippo3000 (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Me to!

Same problem here, pageload is 10sec! Dont know how this happend. Since last weekend our site is extremely slow.

Verwijder JavaScript-code die het laden blokkeert:

Google said after speedtest that this code blocks loading the rest of the page. 

Somebody an answer to this problem? we are on Presta 1.5.6.2.

Really thanks

Can you tell me for shure that this will really help in our case?

Because the js file stands in cache map of the (site/theme/cache/)

our site is http://mammoet.nl

Please give it a check, if this is the 100% solution, i will really like to buy this module!

thanks again for the answer

this module has helped all that have used it, please see review in module topic and/or my shop.

while it might look complicated, as I tend to add advanced features, it is in fact 'very' simple to use and with built in simulator you can test your changes without affecting visitors view until you are ready to go live.

From my looks at the site it is taking around 8 seconds before the server spits out the first byte of information, http://screencast.com/t/1K3UO5vI after it the 8 seconds of processing it only takes 1.2 seconds for the page to be spit out and fully loaded. I personally would figure out why it is taking 8 seconds for the server to spit out the page, defering the parsing of JS will only affect the 1.2 second time. The 8 second time is more critical in my opinion. 

thanks for the response,

after making some changes (that was before never the problem) the speed is now between 4.5-5 seconds!

Because we dont have a left column, i deleted all left column module hooks!

That maded this change!

If i put debug on, i only see that in the first row the "initcontent" takes 4.7 seconds!

Has this something to do with the java? or is this really a other problem?

thanks people for thinking with me!

From my looks at the site it is taking around 8 seconds before the server spits out the first byte of information, http://screencast.com/t/1K3UO5vI after it the 8 seconds of processing it only takes 1.2 seconds for the page to be spit out and fully loaded. I personally would figure out why it is taking 8 seconds for the server to spit out the page, defering the parsing of JS will only affect the 1.2 second time. The 8 second time is more critical in my opinion. 

we are now busy for 2 days to find the problem in the 8 seconds! ( 2 programmers, hosting company, some presta experienced people)

see last post, now we are on +-5 seconds!

• 2 years later...

For PrestaShop I have solved issue of JavaScript loading top|bottom.

The module provides complete management of JavaScript load positions and has been 'well' received by community members who area now using JavaPro.

Learn more here: Module JavaPro

Hi i have bought your module and have some problems when i use them. I loose "date and button add to cart" from Countdown Specials - Flash sales module. Also Paypal payment module not working then any more, it is shown but when you click on payment with Paypal nothing happens.
Can you please help? 
I also write you over contact in your store but get no answer...
Regards

Hi i have bought your module and have some problems when i use them. I loose "date and button add to cart" from Countdown Specials - Flash sales module. Also Paypal payment module not working then any more, it is shown but when you click on payment with Paypal nothing happens.
Can you please help? 
I also write you over contact in your store but get no answer...
Regards

Hi, when you install JavaPro, it enters 'simulator mode', in that actual code only executes from that IP.  This allows you to 'test' which .js files can be moved bottom and which cannot.  It is not possible for module or me to know which of the files can be moved bottom.  So you will on your own via testing and 'trial and error' determine .js position.

Kind  regards, Fred