1.5.4.1 do not have gsitemap module

I tried to submit my sitemaps to google webmaster tools today, and i got this error. (check the picture)

So I tried to locate my gsitemap module, but I cannot find gsitemap module, it is not even there in the installation file. So I download it from https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-modules

After installing gsitemap module, I tried to generate the sitemap and I got this error :

An error occured while trying to check your file permissions. Please adjust your permissions to allow PrestaShop to write a file in your root directory. (check the picture)

I set the gsitemap module to 777, but it doesnt help.

I have no more idea what I should do.. please help..

post-242704-0-28492100-1374124266_thumb.jpg

post-242704-0-02483900-1374124539_thumb.jpg

hello

the file sitemap.xml exist on your server?

if so, can you please share te url?

you said that you changed permissions to module directory, you use recursive chmod?

But i think that is not necessary, cause sitemap is usually located in the root dir of the store.

in this case try to create file manually and then change the permission for this file

• Like 1

you don't set the gsitemap module permissions, you set the

root/sitemap.xml to write

hello

you said that you changed permissions to module directory, you use recursive chmod?

But i think that is not necessary, cause sitemap is usually located in the root dir of the store.

in this case try to create file manually and then change the permission for this file

do this...make sure 755 or higher permissions

you don't set the gsitemap module permissions, you set the

root/sitemap.xml to write

do this...make sure 755 or higher permissions

Yes, I set root/sitemap.xml to 755. even when I set to 777, it still says "An error occured while trying to check your file permissions. Please adjust your permissions to allow PrestaShop to write a file in your root directory."

• Like 1

hello

Yes I create a new file named sitemap.xml under the root.

what URL do you mean?

no i set the permmision on the sitemap.xml not the gsitemap module.

I'm getting old/dated.

the sitemap generated is not sitemap.xml anymore...it can have different names an/or multiple files depending on your shop configuration, multiple languages/multiple shops.

for a single shop 1.5.4 the sitemap name is

1_index_sitemap.xml

the first thing the module will do at creation is delete (if it exists) the file it will write to

then it create the file it will write to...1_index_sitemap.xml

if the module can not create the file, then your site may not run as the correct user and/or group. if this is the case you should contact your hosting company, and or find new hosting

It will not matter if you create the file with the correct permissions as the module will delete it...but you could create it, run it and see if the file disappears, not that this answers much other than the module can delete but not add.

what a mess eh

finally ! i managed to generate the sitemap by changing the permission directly on the root.

but here's what I got. I have 2 sitemap.xml.

Please set up the following Sitemap URL in your Google Webmaster account:

http://www.aquahobi.com/1_index_sitemap.xml

This URL is the master Sitemap and refers to:

Your last update was: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 00:23:16 +0700

1 seems to to be correct, and the other one have a very short and weird link inside it.

Is it normal?

post-242704-0-23892500-1374427773_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

This is usually due owner/group error. PrestaShop seems to have this problem quite often these days. I have never ever had anything like that with WordPress servers.

You need to make sure that your file group and owner is the same as the file which executes PHP code. You can check this in FileZilla's last column when connected to server

• 1 month later...

what in particular is helpful in this post?  Or are you referring to your post?

One issue I can see from your posts is that you do not post a new topic.  This provides best results posting on old topic with many different directions is not a good idea. 

In the future please try new topic method.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the same problem, I open the module PHP file, and find that it write first the information to a file named "test.txt" on the root of your site... so I create "test.txt" and "1_index_sitemap.xml" on the root of my site, change their permissions and it works correctly...