CYTechnologies

[Module] UPDATED - Related Products v0.1

Hi, Thanks to CyTechnologies for this contribution. I downloaded the first version (For PS 1.2 I think) and i've changed a few lines to work in my PS 1.5.4.1.

I share it with you

• Like 3

Does it work for 1.5.3 version?

Thanks!

hey lagoa.

yes, i had it working fine but did not like the fact that it repeated items already in the card so i deactivated.

jer...

Does it work for 1.5.3 version?

Thanks!

I think there're not many differences between those versions, so probably yes. Remember that the products are related by tag

I've made some modifications into the module to be able to order the products related by tags. It has been tested in 1.5.4 and 1.5.4.1.

Take into account that now the module adds a couple of fields in tables of the database and makes use of the override system of prestashop. It also writes into the tpl of the corresponding admin template (Explained in the readme pdf). So test it before using it in your production site (You are at your own risk). I've been very careful in the installation and uninstallation process, but the Prestashop api it's not perfect for those issues.

Now appears a new field in the product information tab allowing the entry of numbers separated by commas so that each number corresponds to a tag.

b39m.jpg

So we have first the items related with the apple tag, then the ipod tag products and finally the nano ones.

In this first level of organization is added the possibility of rewriting the order of the tags (in general it was not possible before), ie if we rewrite nano, ipod, apple the order will be that.

But the important thing is that you can now define for each tag the Weight (Importance) of the product so as to establish an order within each tag. That is, the product in question in the picture has a weight of 100 for the tag apple, 110 for ipod and 120 for nano. If you have other products for the apple tag with defined weighing established, an order based on the highest weight will be made.

Edited by egomezpe (see edit history)
  • Like 1

That's seem a good improvement, but for me it's not important the tag weight because the best things is to have all the related product showed at random every time the product page is loaded.

That's seem a good improvement, but for me it's not important the tag weight because the best things is to have all the related product showed at random every time the product page is loaded.

I'll add random products, the easy way, so you only need to add the keyword random into the weight field.

Ok, but i'll need to update all product i have at catalog, it's a really long work to add all tag weight for having random related product.

It'll be very easy with a SQL Update state. When I Upload the module I'll give you the sql update state. But it'll be something like update ps_products set cyrelated_tag_weight ="random";

I've decided to open a new post with a new module here. Now I've added a randomize checkbox and a limit number field. To install the new one, first uninstall the old cyrelatedproducts.

It'll be very easy with a SQL Update state. When I Upload the module I'll give you the sql update state. But it'll be something like update ps_products set cyrelated_tag_weight ="random";

With the new module the update sentence for randomize all products is

UPDATE `ps_product` SET `pele_related_random_order`=1

Hi everyone,

I'm using the module Cyrelatedproducts but I have this problem: the max products that the module show are 9. I modify the value in configuration and nothing... If I put a value less than 9 if it works, it instead. Strange ...

I want to show all the related products that I have (20 or more)

Thanks

Best regards

Hey all,

Module: Related Products

Version: 0.1

Tested On: 1.2.1

Cost: Free

This module will automatically put related products on a selected product page.

Update:

The products image is now included for display.

To learn more, see it in action, and to download it please go to:

http://cytservices.com/our-products/

Unable to download says 404 page

After installing this module its showing ""There are no related products at this time".  How to fix this ?