[Module]GalleryView2.0

This is my first module for Prestashop. This module is only a simple wrapper of GalleryView: A jQuery Content Gallery Plugin . Great thanks to Jack Anderson.

http://spaceforaname.com/galleryview

More details will coming soon at my blog:

http://sealence.x10hosting.com/wordpress/?p=74

HowTO:

1. To change your images, just edit the jgalleryview.tpl file and put your images in the [slides] directory.

2. To change the size of this block, modify the panel_width and panel_height in galleryview_start.js of [assets] directory.

Demo:
http://astyle.jlkfree.com

10977_jjNCNXwtZYUfbVFmixzN_t

jgalleryview.zip

Hi, is it possible without "the shade" at the end of each photo?

Sure, edit the galleryview.css and change
.gallery { background: #ddd; border: 1px solid #aaa; padding: 5px;}

to whatever you like. :)
  • Like 1

Work well here too :-p

Btw, how much picture it can had? And, can it be had a 'backlink' pointing (like hyperlink) to 'Product link descriptions' on my site?

Best Regards,
Dean - Indonesia

Work well here too :-p

Btw, how much picture it can had? And, can it be had a 'backlink' pointing (like hyperlink) to 'Product link descriptions' on my site?

Best Regards,
Dean - Indonesia

There is no limit for pictures, and you can add links whatever you like, just edit the template:

or add links in the span area:

this is an overlay too

hi thanks for the good mod.

but why my images are not showed in a full size. my image are 929px × 622px and when i right click on the big image not thumbinals from my webpage it shows this Image Dimensions: 929px × 622px (scaled to 456px × 305px).

how can i change the height and width of the images.

thanks

but why my images are not showed in a full size. my image are 929px × 622px and when i right click on the big image not thumbinals from my webpage it shows this Image Dimensions: 929px × 622px (scaled to 456px × 305px).

thanks

To change the size of this block, modify the panel_width and panel_height in galleryview_start.js of [assets] directory.
   $(document).ready(function(){
       $('#gallery').galleryView({
           panel_width: 929,
           panel_height: 622,
           frame_width: 100,
           frame_height: 100,
           transition_speed: 350,
           easing: 'easeInOutQuad'
       });
   });

Reinstall the module to take effect.

thanks

To change the size of this block, modify the panel_width and panel_height in galleryview_start.js of [assets] directory.
           panel_width: 929,
           panel_height: 622,
       });
   });

Then reinstall the module to take effect.

Thanks

Thanks Sealance for your module, its very nice!

I regret i cant use it because it doesent work on my computer (XP, internet explorer 7 or Mozilla firefox 3 for example)
I ve got all the picture one under one.

Someone can help me to fix that ?

My prestashop version is 1.2

• Like 1

Thanks Sealance for your module, its very nice!

I regret i cant use it because it doesent work on my computer (XP, internet explorer 7 or Mozilla firefox 3 for example)
I ve got all the picture one under one.

Someone can help me to fix that ?

My prestashop version is 1.2

Maybe you should try a "Refresh"(F5) in your browser and make sure JavaScript is enable.

The demo site: http://astyle.jlkfree.com is also PS1.2 and you could give it a try.

I refreshed it many times its not ok

And i've got js because your demo works

I suspect there maybe some js conflicts with this module, could you try to remove any addition modules? If you have firebug installed in Firefox, I think you will find some clues in the Console Tab.

hi

what do you mean about "remove any adding tools" ?

Have you install any third-party module like this one that not include in the standard PS installation? and did you see any error message in your browser?

Hello sealence,

Thanks for this nice module, is working great but i have some questions about it.

How do i remove the txt from the big frame with the txt " this is a overlay,this is another overlay,this is a overlay too " don`t want to see that txt, please how to remove that.I have try`t a few things but still not the right line.

I have try`t te make the slide time longer from 500 to 850 and higher but seems that it not make a big difference, i have edit it in the file galleryview_start.

Thanks in advance.

ysco..

Hello sealence,

Thanks for this nice module, is working great but i have some questions about it.

How do i remove the txt from the big frame with the txt " this is a overlay,this is another overlay,this is a overlay too " don`t want to see that txt, please how to remove that.I have try`t a few things but still not the right line.

I have try`t te make the slide time longer from 500 to 850 and higher but seems that it not make a big difference, i have edit it in the file galleryview_start.

Thanks in advance.

ysco..

1.To remove the text:
Edit jgalleryview.tpl and remove text from the span section
>
</pre>
<ul>
this is an overlay

this is another overlay

this is yet another overlay

this is an overlay too

this is an overlay

this is another overlay

this is yet another overlay

this is an overlay too

</ul>

to

>
</pre>
<ul>

</ul>

2. If you want to make it bigger, you have to modify the global.css to make sure the wrapper div center_column also have enough width for your image.
like http://astyle.jlkfree.com, I remove left column for a wide display.

Hello sealence.

Thanks for the reply and the solution you gave, i try`t your way myself the first time but i see that i comment out to much and that why it wasn`t working for me ;)
I comment out the whole this is an overlay instead off only the one you describe.
Will try it now your way.

Thanks for helping.

Greats ysco..

I have created another page to put the gallery image. This page is exactly the same like index.html but calling only this jgalleryview module. If I don't include the file jgalleryview_start.js everything is working fine but it does not show the gallery properly, only the images one under another one. If I put this file, the page redirects itself showing nothing.

Firefox is saying that $ is not defined. I don't know why

Does anyone have a clue about what I am doing wrong?

Thank you very much for any help

I wish to give it’s own page(cms) shop gallery .how easy is it to hook it to another page other than home?

Me too? How can I add it to a CMS page instead of the home page?

• 2 weeks later...

I did try modifying the .tpl file using DIV instead of unordered lists, with aid of the source code of this page:
http://spaceforaname.com/panels.html
But I couldn't get it working.

Can somebody enlight me?

Effet du soleil sur le paysage

Photo by tomharry.  View full-size photo here.

Eden

Photo by emsago.  View full-size photo here.

Snail on the Corn

Photo by baines.  View full-size photo here.

Flowers

Photo by jazza.  View full-size photo here.

Alone Beach 2B

Photo by sgursozlu.  View full-size photo here.

• 2 weeks later...

THX for this nice module !

Just to inform users, if you want to stop the picture shifting when hovering with pointer, just add this (in red) in galleryview_start.js :

panel_width: 500,

panel_height: 188,

pause_on_hover: true,

});

});

nice module! working flawless on 1.2.4 ... just one little thing: when reloading or entering the page there is a short flash of all the slidepictures in a list before finding the expected form. Does it have something to do with the Line

/* GALLERY LIST */
/* IMPORTANT - Change '#photos' to the ID of your gallery list to prevent a flash of unstyled content */
#photos { visibility: hidden; }

in galleryview.css?

And if so, what does it mean exactly? what is the ID of what gallery on the Homepage?

EDIT: when i checked the generated sourcecode of my Homepage it seems to me it should be:

#galleryviewHolder { visibility: hidden; }

what do you guys think? It´s hard to say, cause the flash is just milliseconds ..... and i don´t know if the flash is gone with this change cause it seems to depend on the speed of your internet connection.

thanks

H.

Very nice module !
Tks a lot : exactly what I was searching for.
Just a question : at the moment, I just have one language. But when I'll have two (or more), how can I do with the text below the images ?
Any ideas are welcome...

nice module! working flawless on 1.2.4 ... just one little thing: when reloading or entering the page there is a short flash of all the slidepictures in a list before finding the expected form. Does it have something to do with the Line

/* GALLERY LIST */
/* IMPORTANT - Change '#photos' to the ID of your gallery list to prevent a flash of unstyled content */

in galleryview.css?

And if so, what does it mean exactly? what is the ID of what gallery on the Homepage?

EDIT: when i checked the generated sourcecode of my Homepage it seems to me it should be:

what do you guys think? It´s hard to say, cause the flash is just milliseconds ..... and i don´t know if the flash is gone with this change cause it seems to depend on the speed of your internet connection.

thanks

H.

Hi.

I have the same problem. Im in Localhost in a MAC. This module is terrific but that is a huge stepback. Can anyone solve that problem?

Thankx

I did try modifying the .tpl file using DIV instead of unordered lists, with aid of the source code of this page:
http://spaceforaname.com/panels.html
But I couldn't get it working.

Can somebody enlight me?

Effet du soleil sur le paysage

Photo by tomharry.  View full-size photo here.

Eden

Photo by emsago.  View full-size photo here.

Snail on the Corn

Photo by baines.  View full-size photo here.

Flowers

Photo by jazza.  View full-size photo here.

Alone Beach 2B

Photo by sgursozlu.  View full-size photo here.

Anyone with a solution for this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sawadee.. it is a very nice module, you webpage is so beautiful.. i am thinking to use it in my website also. I am new in webpage design but prestashop is the great software i have found. Kindly if any one of you can give me some comments in my website.
I am new in webpage design, i do it myself as i learn all the setting from Prestashop forum. Here i sale T-Shirt at Bangkok, Thailand. Please feel free to check my website www.deeshirt.com and i know that i still got a lot mistakes.

At here i have problem edit the jukebox module, i can't find anything in backoffice that i can edit the songs. please help me. my another problem is the feature products. it is in rectangle size but i want to change it to square, please see the picture. Your help is very much appreciated.

14366_9O9gA1gQAiwmSZZt2Rhd_t

• 2 weeks later...
I wish to give it’s own page(cms) shop gallery .how easy is it to hook it to another page other than home?

Me too? How can I add it to a CMS page instead of the home page?

Did anybody have any luck with this? I also would like to add the module to a page created in the CMS. If anyone can shed any light it would be a massive help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

I'm newbie with prestashop. A great tool.

I lile your "theme" on http://astyle.jlkfree.com/prestashop/'>http://astyle.jlkfree.com/prestashop/

Do you see any possibilitie that I can use this template with my german prestashop v1.25?

And where can I find/download it.

Many thanks for your work and your help.

Regards from cologne germany

DIRK

This is my first module for Prestashop. This module is only a simple wrapper of GalleryView: A jQuery Content Gallery Plugin . Great thanks to Jack Anderson.

HowTO:

1. To change your images, just edit the jgalleryview.tpl file and put your images in the [slides] directory.

2. To change the size of this block, modify the panel_width and panel_height in galleryview_start.js of [assets] directory.

Demo:

My galleryview do not center on my page? I did also try to make it same lenght and the menu on the top but it dont get bigger then you see on the pic here below?

Does any one know how to solve this ?

16033_R6RDEn1f2yICAxMIQvL8_t

• 3 weeks later...
My galleryview do not center on my page? I did also try to make it same lenght and the menu on the top but it dont get bigger then you see on the pic here below?

Does any one know how to solve this ?

I seem to have the same problem. An answer would be much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

For those with the centering problem: I just installed it on my home page and i put it whithin a 980px wide div. It's been centering my gallery (800px wide) automatically.

For sealance: i already integrated galleryview into a wordpress site and i was able to use quite a lot of parameters as seen on the galleryview homepage. Any chance all those parameters work for this prestashop version ?

• 2 weeks later...

Would really like to include this on my homepage but don't have a clue where to start?

Is there any guide or similar on how to get this feature on? As ive read that I need jQuery but don't have it or the plugins required, or the know-how to load it on? Possibly just someone to tell me what folder and files to modify, or how to get it into the backoffice? lol

PHIL

/* GALLERY LIST */

in galleryview.css?

thanks

H.

i have the same problem how can i fix this?

i'm really dont know how to install this .. module
in PS 1.2.5 .... 8-/
......"Module downloaded successfully" and after there is no such a modul
sorry about my english, and sorry may be for the stupid questions.
is there any kind of guide or documentation about?

• 2 weeks later...

Got this installed and it looks great!

Is there any way to get this to run on its own page, like a gallery of photos, rather a sideshow on the homepage. possibly under a categories or in the CMS box?

PHIL

Great addition to my site.
Many Thanks

I have been successful in adding links to both the overlay and the small image as you gave instructions earlier in this post.

I would like to hyperlink large image.

I'm sure this has more to do with my code limitations than your module, but any help would be appreciated.

Harley Bill :coolsmile:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Got this working and looks great!

Is there anyway to decide where I want it positioned on the hompage, as I have text above that is written in the Hompage Editor, but really want some text below the Slideshow, but any you put into the hompage editor just comes above the slide show?

Any help would be great!!

PHIL

Hi,

thanks for that, but I've already moved the modules so that the homepage text is above and galleryview below. But I also what some additional text below the galleryvuew slideshow? Aswell as the hompeage editor text above, as theres no feature in the hompage wditor module to have the text above an below another module, and I don't know I'd any modules that allow you to just enter text in a box onthe central column?
Phil

• 2 weeks later...

HowTO:

Demo:

Hi :) thanks por this module, i have a question, can i add a link in the big image? and what is it the file that should edit?

thanks, sorry my english is so so

• 1 month later...

hey guys, i got a weird problem with this plugin. It's online on the site am creating and it just doesnt work on the home page. But it'll work if you hit index.php.

Live is better:

The site: http://www.loungestick.com/ where you'll see it broken.

The same site with /index.php: http://www.loungestick.com/index.php there it goes.

I went into the source code and saw that without /index.php the site wansn't loading the js files. Just before the /head we can see that:

<!-- Module jGalleryView2 --> <!-- /Module jGalleryView2 --> 

Whereas on the /index.php:

<!-- Module jGalleryView2 --> 
[removed][removed] 
[removed][removed] 
[removed][removed] 
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/modules/jgalleryview2/jquery.galleryview/galleryview.css" /> 
<!-- /Module jGalleryView2 --> 

All is well loaded.

I then went to the header.tpl file in the module files and and the condition for the load of those files:

{if $page_name == index} 
//js and css files here 
{/if}

It seems like prestashop doesnt see my "without index.php" page as the real index (yeah pretty weird). I then tried to remove this condition but it's breaking my site (blank page).

Any clue ? I'd really need it to work.
Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

HowTO:

Demo:

thank you for your module , how to make it click the images rather than links then to view the pages?

• 1 month later...

will this module work for prestashop 1.3.6 and if yes, where do I upload the jgallery view to .? Should I upload to Js folder or themes folder.? please be exact as I am not a professional in this field.Thks

• 3 months later...

Hello,
Nice module. I've installed it and managed to put it on top of pages. But the problem is that i can't add my images. I've tried everything i could but no...
I'm using prestashop 1.4.
Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I found this module works fine for me in version 1.2.5.

When i propose the module to one of my clients, he report me a bug to solve.

Maybe, do you already fix it ?

He add 20 images to the modules. When he had one more, the xml file is updated with 21 entries, but the 21th image is not uploaded and the image is replaced by the 404 image.

When i go to the upload image folder, the image is not uploaded!

Can you help me to fix this bug?

Ethan

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...